Future of IMS/GDS

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline Lab Personnel' started by Anonymous, Dec 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this answer your question about the reliability of my source? Do you think this local leadership team knows anything? Look at them all running around like idiots. The company will be better without them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does what answer the question about your reliability?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

McDonalds has come out with a Happy Meal containing minions and it kind of reminds me of the IMS leadership. They talk fast, you can't understand what they are saying, and nothing results from the conversation.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

• In Nov 12 a fellow anonymous predicted the end of IMS on this site " how's Anette doing". Now that it has come true we should ask ourselves why. Although it's easy to blame The legendary incompetency of Baldoni the answer sits fair and square with PCQA helped by safety. The extensive over the top beuracracy introduced has destroyed productivity and drove up costs.
    • In steps outsourcing with virtually no quality and safety oversight. iMS management did not helping by being oblivious to cost and productivity.
    • This initiative like most in GSK will fail in the long run, expecially when external processes come back for commercial manufacture. By then it would be too late as we would have lost the knowledge inside GSK and those left will be stating at a continious match box size factory that does not work, wondering where it all went wrong

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The entire company has already gone wrong. It's not going to go back to how it once was. There does not appear to be a way to grow and improve financials.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at all of the useless initiatives that the GDS Leadership have started over the past 4 years and nothing is delivering returns. Furthermore the business review that has been ongoing for 8 months has yielded nothing which means the whole process was flawed to begin with and nobody is intelligent enough to recognize it. Baldoni is just going to get more of the same that he does not want if he doesn't displace the entire team. It is part of his business review and directive to Annette to get rid of most of the existing leadership.

7. John, if you want to get this right you are going to have to flush the toilet on the current lame leadership in IMS/GDS. All of the whining your existing L3 team is doing is only disenchanting the rest of the organization. These people are banding together to protect each other only to deliver you more of the same. I wish you had time to spend some time on the ground with us and see it yourself. I don't think Annette knows what they are doing yet either. We're going to pull a hoodie over her head and ride here around for a year and say nice things about the progress we've made but truth be told we are masters of covering up the problems. That is what continuous improvement initiatives have trained us over the years. You've hire the best from Lilly to cover up everything with nice powerpoint presentations. Remember, Andrew doesn't even like slides!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We thought we were going to get a breath of fresh air but it appears that there is a fart all tangled up in it.

9. BrownNose

BrownNose Guest

It seems like there is a long line of brown nosers lining up to greet the new team. We're all looking forward to getting some good face-sitting time with you soon. All the best!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A note came out from Annette saying there will be more re-org announcements next week (w/c 02-Nov), including the decision about right-sourcing the Pack/Label/Distribute GDS function.
    What's the rumor mill saying about which sites will keep the business, and which ones will take it outside?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

outsource to third parties was not feasible because baldonus was too cheap to pay for it, so work will be outsourced to gms, r&d folks at those sites might be safe…for now, everyone else don't let the door hit you in the ass

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, we won't ... jerk. BTW, where do you think Baldonarse is going to cut next? My guess that since it's a UK company, it won't be the UK. So watch your arses in Philly (city of brother love).

13. Shrinkage

Shrinkage Guest

I have no doubt that eventually all R&D will exit Philly, leaving only business & regulatory functions in Philly that are entirely US-orientated. Since it will end up having taken GSK 10-15 years post GW/SKB merger to finally exit RTP, I'd guess that the Philly R&D folks may have another 10 years left. But who knows, a mega-merger could chop 5 years off of that.

That would leave GSK with one 'premier' (chuckle-chuckle) internal R&D site in the UK plus satellite specialty sites, low-cost satellite sites (Singapore/India/China), CMOs, & strategic alliances/partnerships with start-ups and academia. (Can you say "British Empire" ?)

That's my prediction (based on no insider info, just experience watching the UK favor its own sites over US sites during my 30 years with G/GW/GSK).

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are cuts in the UK so look East for the future.

15. Shrinkage

Shrinkage Guest

Cuts yes, but the UK will remain the center.
    The East will be what the East has always been for the UK.

16. CrystalBall

CrystalBall Guest

You were very close in your prediction but it seems the landscape has changed a bit. You were dead on when you said that supply chain managers were solving problems we didn't know we had in ways we can't possibly understand. Now I think they've confused themselves and everybody else.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The announcement appears to say that all primary packaging of clinical supplies will go outside, and that the secondary packaging and distribution will be consolidated at Harlow H92 and Zebulon, which means that secondary packaging and distribution at UP will be shutting down.

18. Shrinkage

Shrinkage Guest

Sorry to hear of more losses in R&D associated with outsourcing of packaging.
    The outsourcing trend grinds on.

19. All Knowing

All Knowing Guest

Not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree!