Galderma is a sinking ship

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the management and unattainable goals have been a big contributer to the low moral of the sales force and many unhappy and anxious individuals at the company. People are getting flicked or jumping off like flies, because 2011 is going to be an even bigger nightmare. With a french president who is more concerned with the numbers that he can put together to glorify his own future goals, in no regard of strategy for the future survival of the company, regardless of what ever "cuts"; and goals that are almost set to be failed as a justification for lower bonus payout, the the moral is low and the company is sinking fast from it glory days.

They claim to be #1 in Dermatology, but if they ranked the company satisfaction with the leadership and job satisfaction, it would fair near the end.

Unless this direction of French induced "greed" is changed, and with no new innovative products, other than branded generics, the future outlook looks grim for this company...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Things have changed so much in the past year. I'm with one our largest brands and worked my ass off this quarter and the sales goals are set so high that I would be lucky to pull in $1200 in commissions for the quarter. Woohoo. Happy holidays! I hope the management can stuff it with their bonuses this year, because we're sure not getting paid.

The management is sticking it to us and they've been getting away with it for a while now. Where's all the money going? I don't blame the experienced reps who are taking other positions, with higher bases and sign on bonuses. Why be loyal to a company that obviously care nothing about it's sales force. It's not getting any better in this place. I'm looking to move on as soon as I can...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe FF should take some courses in the US corporate culture. This is not France idiot, It's Texas! Making cuts from the sales force and other budgets to cover the goals will not work. Any thoughts on what's going to happen next year? He's probably going to expect at least another 20% growth and more of the same. What does he have to loose?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least we still get Rolex watches if we do well, most other pharma companies
    dont give those out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Galderma is a sinking ship" is a cry that has been shouted for over 20 years now. Galderma has been the way it is for over two decades now. Nothing is new...nothing is changing, and the company is not going anywhere. Just stay focused on selling and fulfilling your responsibilities and you will be just fine. Relax and start enjoying yourself a little bit. Maybe the doctors and their staffs will be happier to see you with a more positive normal attitude and actually start writing more of you drug.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is already shrunk since just last year. I know of 6 reps myself that have moved to other companies and most of their positions have not been replaced. I call that shrinking in size. I thought we were growing into the #1 company in Dermatology? What a bunch of crap. Not only have we reduced in size, but it's just going to get worse with the changes in the sales teams.

Yes, we are expendable and can move teams. Stability is unknown in this dinky company. You got to stop drinking the cool aid dude, if you think this is the same company of 10 or even 5 years ago. Don't kid yourself. This company is nothing like what it used to be, when back then, they actually cared about their people.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you guys still get the Rolex watches for top reps ??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love it when people from other companies post bullshit on this site. Galderma is not sinking, in fact its growing. There was an alignment change, one division was too big so some reps were moved to other divisions. There were a few reps/mngrs displaced and they were offered other positions or a severence, some took the severence. There are positions opened for hire in Cali, Seattle, and the east coast.

New products are coming and the company continues to expand its reach into other specialties. Not cut in award trips (which is Costa Rica this year, soooo looking forward to it), Rolex's for the top 25% in each division and lots of contest rewards.

So, how is the company sinking? Sorry assholes from other companies (Dermites, Stiefel and others) are laid off nearly each qtr. You only wish you could work for a company this good, unfortunately you will never be hired, you already suck!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HI- I got a call today from a recruiter for the Rosacea medication- can anyone tell me about this and about the company? I was in Pharma then switched to diagnostics and although the pay is good the job is boring as hell.....would this be a great opportunity or would you keep looking? I just want something that pays, and is stable where I understand the job, can build good relations with my physicians and I am respected by representing the company/brand.
    Thanks so much for any feedback.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wake up guys. We have been spoiled for the last 10 years we are unable to recognize no other company can afford arranging to pay out all bonuses almost at full rate even when targets are not met. Which company is still paying out Rolex for the top 25% of its sales force? Which other Derm company can afford to buy another one for $1 Billion+ or have more than double-digit growth these days?
    Instead of being blind-sided, you should be proud to have 2 foreign shareholders, 1 Swiss and 1 French who are always there to think globally and strategically and to ensure sustainable growth by buying a US company (Collagenex) in 2008 and an even bigger Swedish one (Q-Med) end of 2010.
    I am proud of being part of Galderma and having Nestle and l'Oreal as shareholders and I believe the best thing to do if you're not is to quit as the company doesn't need people as stupid as you who keep daydreaming not able to face the reality of the changing economy and the need to adapt or recognizing the great growth we had since we got foreign global-thinking presidents (Brazilian then Dutch and now French)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the previous person. Galderma is no sinking ship!!! Not only they bought Q-Med for over 1 Billion US dollar. They have a new big partenrship with a California based anti-infective company called NovaBay Pharmaceuticals which has a promise of competing with Mupirocin and Altabax. From NovaBay's website, it appears their drug will combat "Mupirocin resistant Staph bacteria" and MRSA in Impetigo. This drug will have a huge potential for Galderma in dematology and pediatric medicine. This is not a branded generic as one of you mentioned in your posting!! Please do your homework!!
    In fact Galderma has an excellent R&D pipeline of innovative products.
    I cannot think of a more visionary Dermatology company than Galderma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What propaganda. You’re not fooling anyone with your last 2 posts. You made a very clear point in the last sentence. The “global thinking president” is surely thinking very global and taking it from the U.S.A. for the “global good”, but to the determent of all the US employees who have dedicated years of their lives to the "growth" of the company, only to see it squeezed like a vending machine. The double digit sifting is sure making the European partners very wealthy and happy.

The Billion paid for the Swedish Q-Med was a great purchase for Galderma USA. Their only profitable drug, Restylin is licensed by Medicis in the US (great 1B purchase. Way to go).

This sure will help the company as a whole, but not here at home.

Nice advertisement, but what we’re talking about here is not what the company is doing for the share holders, but what it is doing or in this case “doing to” the hard working sales force here at home.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now we get to sell Restylane to Medicis until we buy them too! Its nice to have BILLIONS of dollars to enhance the portfolio of the company. You clearly have NO CLUE as to what or who Galderma is. It is the only growing Pharma company out there and treats its employees extrememly well. Galderma is not going anywhere...except up!

There is no grass greener than at Galderma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You say about Galderma: "It is the only growing Pharma company out there." This juvinile statement exposes your lying propaganda intent. The unreasonableness of that statement negates anything positive you were trying to say in defense of Galderma. You have polluted the integrity of your view point with that statement, and can no longer be trusted to input an honest opinion on this thread. Bye, bye.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Galderma has some spoiled employees who need to go see around how many other companies are laying off people.
    You are extremely lucky to have your two Heavy Duty shareholders allowing you to buy Collagenex 2 years ago bringing Oracea $$$ to your pipeline and preparing your future with NovaBay deal.
    Your people have been trying to purchase Medicis with no success for years to save the US market as many of your products are going generic. By buying Q-Med, your big bucks Dad and Mom are getting closer to buy Medicis who has no more global growth opportunities with Botox and Dysport, these two having their worldwide sales rights, US excepted, held by Galderma.
    Stop looking back, those days are over, whether with your company or others. Instead, feel lucky having Dad and Mom taking care of your future. Your Dad Nestle has been recently identified as one of the few having that Cash flow (€31B, around $40B) able to buy you a Golden nest.
    Apparently, as Rich spoiled kids are, you are not even able to recognize how lucky you are. You should be so thankfull to your Dad and Mom. if not, you better leave your nest.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love it man. You're on to him too. It must be someone from the Home Office or someone from Marketing who loves his bonus check enough to sell his soul and write down lies.

I think the big point he's missing is that a 1 Billion investment and what ever else is being sunk in these not innovative and product-less investments is going to come with a big price. Oracea did not come for free and surely at a high expectation price by the share holders. I wonder how much more the pressure tank is going to expand with double the expectations from Europe for next year.

That's a good point he makes though as to the mentality of the management team. He points out that we are lucky to have jobs. Yes, that's surely the kind of company I always dreamed of working for. Thank you for the opportunity Sir, but we used to be treated, respected and compensated a lot better. I guess, it will come as to no surprise when all the best people are gone, as the job market is getting stronger. My recruiter is hard at work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You say Oracea didn't come for free. I hope your recruiter finds you a job ASAP as you are apparently so lazy that you want things for free and too stupid to think that investors should not have high expectations when they pay big bucks.
    I pray your dream of leaving Galderma comes true very soon

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be part of management, because nothing you're saying is in support of the sales force. For you, it's all about the profits for the share holders and your own bonuses. This used to be a good company to work for and not it's just SHIT. I'm loving our National Meeting of propaganda and fear.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Galderma is not a "sinking ship", it's a "stinking whip"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're frustrated you didn't get a Rolex and not going to Costa Rica. No wonder knowing how negative you are instead of going get what you are paid for done. I will have a thought for you while in Costa Rica in February while smoking a Cigar and having a Margarita in the sun