Galderma is the place to be

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angry, untalented non galderma reps-
    We are the top in derm and all want to come here- so I get why you write this stuff as your all so jealous of us. We have the top benefits, great salary n bonus.
    Now purchasing the goods from valeant, its no reason why we have haters!
    get a life!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming and keep drinking the Kool-aid . The facts are -better pay and as good of benefits at many of the other companies. Better work life balance. Better management and superior pipeline at other companies. Former Galderma employee here and glad to have a once great company on my resume and also in my rear view mirror.

Want more facts look objectively at the top 25 Derm companies or companies that have products and compete in the space. The other facts are at Galderma steeply declining IMS prescriptions and market share as measured by IMS. Not only not growing, but the only claim you all now can make is that you are one of the fastest declining companies in derm as measured by IMS scripts and market share in the categories you compete.

I hope for my friends that are still there, that the aesthetic acquisitions pay off for you guys. But you are not even close to being a top Derm company if you measure and look at the facts objectively. Sorry but it is true.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a previous Galderma rep who made a lot of money and always top ranked. I wouldn't go back to that place regardless of the pay. If you can't respect the leadership then why let them get paid off your success? This acquisition is a bandaid for a bleeding company. I'm glad I got the experience, money and trips out of them but even more glad to be out of the egotistical environment of people that sound just like the initial post.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also,

The dirty little secret is that it is very difficult to make money in the aesthetic space. All one has to do is read old Medicis 10 K and annual reports. They pumped a ton of money into DTC and other tactics. Put all kinds of crazy pressure on their sales team and still made little or no money in that space. Valiant was not willing to pump that money into it and now has it sights on Allergan with superior Aesthetic products. I hope it works out for you guys but it will not come easy and there will be a lot of dead bodies along the way. Good luck. It does show your new owner is willing to be in it for the long haul.But it is a very tough market in the US and not the best or easiest way to make a living for the long term

Good luck - you guys will need it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 things about your post shows how little you know of the "aesthetics space":
    #1 Valeant, not Valiant
    #2 the purchase of Allergan has very little to do with their "superior aesthetic products".....very LITTLE

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#3 There will be no purchase of Allergan. Y'all are in some deep do-do going against the products/sales force/programs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#4 having sold against Allergan for years, no fear here :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, The driving force behind the purchase is not aesthetic products. However, they would be required to divest the assets prior to moving forward and or shortly after a an acquisition of Allergan. So the original post was correct. Medicis did not make much money on it - public record. Also, they pumped a lot into it and for a nominal return. Also true, very tough to make money in this space and Allergan's products are known to be superior overall. So don't be so quick to challenge a legit post. As an Allergan rep we will continue to kick ass on these products no matter if this thing goes through or not. You guys are known to be very average reps at best and you never have given us much competition and it wont happen in aesthetics.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im very glad to see your positive perspective on this. But, lets be clear. There are very good reps in both companies. However, once you are acquired by Valeant, the "extra add ons" that have helped you in the past, ie dtc, fabulous mktg, etc., will be no more. So, cheers to an even playing field! Let the best man win :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to mention. In reference to "You guys are known to be very average reps at best", dont be so quick to assume we have been at Valeant for the tenure of our experience. Heck, some of us came from Allergan :) For example, my resume shows several years at Allergan :)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding?

Allergan reps.. listen up.. you may have superior products but that will not in any way help being under the hand of Valeant. You will not be able to do dinners and all the fun selling techniques that your competitors can do at Galderma. Your days are over as many of us that went to valeant and left on our own. Valeant is a miserable place to be - ask B&L, Precision, Onset, Obagi and old Dermik. They are horrible, I would rather have a product that was less adequate than work in a place that could careless about their staff.
    Old Allergan is dead like old Medicis who will now be happy at Galderma

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm leaving soon & I agree 100% . We have had a similar road at Galderma . Respect for the so called leaders is really hit an all time low . This companies strength is in the sales force & sales managers , after that there are real questions . Really stupid hiring decisions made especially in marketing & at the national sales , VP level .

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fh overseas is hysterical. Thanks for the message pal!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home office needs to stop with the video messages...they are more troublesome than drunk dialing. Jake, where are your conservative measures when we need you?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The video message very lame. I guess they see the limitations of this guy and are sending him overseas. We will be much better off now.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan (AGN) Investors Back Takeover At $180/Shr: Ackman More...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical dermatology and aesthetics are completely different spaces, and very rarely even overlap in a good business model. Problem is that sr mgmt at any company (including Valeant) usually doesn't get that. The aesthetics portfolio bought from Medicis / Valeant is a joke in the overall aesthetic market (not from historical perspective, but from future growth perspective). Those products have been on a STEEP decline for years, and are only really used anymore by non-players in the aesthetic space, those who are too old or too small for AGN or other companies to worry much about. A plastic surgeon preferring Restylane is about as cutting edge as a dermatologist only prescribing old school tretinoin. Sure, you'll find them, but they'll be the ones Allergan and Merz don't bother with. Medicis made it work because they knew the market, understood the importance pf relationships, and incentivized their reps well. We'll see what happens with these products now that they are under the Galderma umbrella, but I hope senior management gets it this time around and we don't have another botched aesthetic attempt on our hands. These drs are different, the patients are different, the reps are different, and I hope they don't mess up this opportunity to make the Galderma name big again. This will be make or break.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medicis did a very good job to drive the products. However, these types of products require very aggressive reps, big DTC spend, management working the key providers and even with all of that Medicis did not make all that much money on these products after the dust settled. Nestle will require very aggressive goals and aggressive profit targets within the next three years or so. Galderma people will quickly find out that they do not have the people or the products or the knowledge to make it all work. Give it two - three years and they will wave the white flag along with a lot of broken people and careers in the tank along the way. One funny thing is that all the Galderma people think this is the sign of better times to come. If you are selling the prescription stuff your job is safe only as long as you can grow branded generics and only as long as the patents hold up and the clock is ticking on that in the US. The Aesthetic products are not going to save the prescription sales teams and will further drain any potential for new prescription products to be bought or developed. Either get into aesthetics or get into the biologic s if you want to stay in this business.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree 100%. But Medicis had smaller margins because they didn't own the products. Nestle will have more room there, but it won't matter with people who don't understand the US aesthetic market anyway.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree