GeneDx

Discussion in 'Bio Reference' started by GeneDx?, Mar 5, 2019 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. GeneDx?

GeneDx? Guest

Are they even still around? Most of the offices in my area have switched to Invitae and GeneDx never put up a fight.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep not doing very well. Sad since it's a good company

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe the reason is because you have incompetent people like Colleen Ryan involved in the operation !!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems to be a downward trend with ANYTHING that OPKO touches

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gene DX is doing fine and getting ready for a mini expansion.
    Sales are up and commissions are good
    Took some time but we are finally feeling the success

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right things are fine.
    Pay no attention to the haters.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny, but is that why OPKO is trying to sell the business to Quest....Ooops! Did that slip out of the meetings in NJ? When OPKO drops the price, Quest will scoop up BIO

8. FACTS

FACTS Guest

LMAO! That’s positive thinking, GENEDX is on the same boat as BIO now, that’s why Patti left and some Managers as well as employees, Good luck! I’ll give both a year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never going to happen. Quest will never buy them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like everything is quest or lab Corp these days..how does genedx stay in business

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No idea, which is why I asked. I know some genetic counselors like them because that's all they ever known but unless they are attached to genpath it's EASY pickings. Sad.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They continue to post job openings so I wouldn't worry about them.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will happen to us? Will any of the reps or managers keep their jobs?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can say for a fact from being on the inside, Genedx is being sold off. Vizient GPO will be the 3rd party in selling/buying of Genedx. The billing department is currently being outsourced and those who were not offered to work for Xifin will be offered packages and then terminated. Same will happen for Genedx. Be ahead of the game my friends.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t think so!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If we decide to pick up the flaming mess that you have created at OPKO, there will still be an opportunity for each of you to interview for some sort of employment. Just know, that will be an uphill battle to say the least. The stench of failure will not wash off of you easily. Your best bet, if you think that you can handle the fast paced, success driven environment at DGX, is to quit your job now, never mention that you ever worked at or even knew what BioReference was and apply for an entry level position with us, in about 6 months. Perhaps, you might be accepted as a courier or even a billing clerk, depending on your skill set. This of course is no guarantee that you will last beyond your probationary period. Hope this helps.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be worried about the turn around at BRLI!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be worried that your company is about to go bankrupt and no one wants to buy them, at any price. But hey, you do have proprietary aerobic vaginitis testing. I guess the rest of us will still have to rely on the smell test. And sorry to say that BioReference’s comeback claims didn’t pass. By the way, tell your Master Black Belt, Craig that we said hello. And in case he was wondering, no, he’s not welcome here anymore. Hope this helps.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is called the whiff test and is used to assist in the diagnosis of Bacterial Vaginosis. Adding KOH to a speculum blade doesn’t help in the diagnosis of Aerobic Vaginitis. So it appears that your fund of knowledge doesn’t pass the Smell Test.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smell, whiff, sniff, however you like it, son. When it comes to a vaginal discharge with a foul odor, we defer to your expertise and experience. Now, does this test cost $1.79? Oh no, sorry. That was the price of OPKO stock at the close of the market on Friday. Hey, do tell Craig that we are thinking and talking about him. And we are all enjoying watching his progress and performance so far. After all, he’s a self proclaimed “black belt master” in business and this looks like quite a fight. Don’t give up, Craig. Never quit. Hope this helps.