GENENTECH: I HATE YOU

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for making my working life a living hell. You've laid me off twice and I was stupid enough to come back once again. You don't give a shit about any of your employees. I regret ever working for you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any chance that you are a 40+ year old straight white male? Just curious.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This seems vague. Next time, don’t hold back what you feel.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

probably not. Straight white males need not apply here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you have been at Genentech too long and might need a safe place to cry...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which department? Curious why you did come back?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Betcha didn’t regret cashing those paychecks. Grow up for gods sake.

Companies are not in business to hire people and provide them with a livelihood.

Employees are another line item on the corporate balance sheet like any other expense.

When the ROI is no longer meeting the corporate expectations you reduce expenditures. Economics 101.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree this place sucks.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must have gone to a diversity workshop. Take one step back if you were anything but a white male over 40. Oh - you lose.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG you're an idiot and clearly part of the problem. Companies ARE in business to hire people and to provide them with a livelihood. That is why they are called employees. No one has a problem cashing in on paychecks THEY EARNED. Did I mention that you're an asshole and a moron? GNE spends money like a drunken sailer yet has no problem consistently laying off employees year after year. Employees look for companies that will value them and offer some reasonable level of security. Employees don't apply for companies hoping for a couple year gig. One more thing God deserves a capital G not g, but that is something I know you wouldn't be vaguely familiar with. Please, go to hell.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, seem to have struck a nerve or someone is off their meds, perhaps both.

Employment at will means an employee can be terminated at any time without any reason, explanation, or warning. It also means an employee can quit at any time for any reason – or no reason at all.

Companies are in business to produce goods and services and they receive revenue in exchange for those good and services. Employees are part of the process necessary to achieve those results. In other words, employees are a means to an end. They are not the purpose of business, they are a byproduct.

When a car manufacturer cannot sell the cars they are making fast enough they reduce production and employees. Would you have them keep building cars that they are unable to sell?

Lastly, I am certain God would not be pleased by your vitriolic name calling and vengeance, but you take that up with Him.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not going to speak for whoever posted originally. While it's all at will or accepted when companies start tanking, it is how genentech does it.

When there is a guise of being a best place to work for, leaders trying to assure you the business is going to be fine (or that it's for some other bs reason they need to rid people), and worse, get rid of valuable colleagues and keep dumbass people in a sly way.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you were lazy and took the path of familiarity and least resistance in finding work. Rather than going out and competing for a job elsewhere, you leveraged connections and crawled back into the cesspool.

Perhaps you should consider a different approach next time.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has been DNA field's motto for the past 10 years.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am going to be serious here- you sound like an absolute dumbass. Go buy a mirror and look into it- the person you see if who put you in the situation you are in. Truth hurts but it is real. Now go an do something with this new information.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The person you see is.

18. HedgeHog123

HedgeHog123 new user

Actually, they have laid off many great workers and kept some real idiots. It is all about who you know and who makes the decision at the time, what group, what click. In the lay off of 2017 at Vacaville they let go many great workers but kept some who could not even show up on time or who's best production of the day was 35 emails when they should have been on the floor producing product....? Anyway, don't miss those 13 hour days they put in force on us......... That is no life, no life at all. Found a better home now, work just 8 hours a day and actually see my family at the end of the day. Wake up Genentech, you are killing the Golden Goose... Actually, I think you already did. No coming back from that. Bye bye, and good riddance.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an idiot. So much so, that I don't have and ounce of energy to read your dribble.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully you'll be let go. They no longer need you.