Genentech Sucks

Discussion in 'Genentech IT' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is so true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Extremely poorly run organization that must cost about 2x what it's worth to the company. Somebody needs to spend less time meditating and attending enneagram training, and more time learning the IT business and the industry. Sometimes I think the management learned the trade from Wired and Gizmodo. Yes it's that bad. I laugh and cry when I think about what the Finance department at Roche is saying as they look at GNE's IT costs. There WILL be changes in August for better or for worse.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For worse? Hard to imagine it could get any worse!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we are just as the severance package agreement is about to expire.

It's SHOWTIME! Let's see some heads ROLL!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear the cost cutting has begun--BRING IT!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sucks even more now. Good people are being let go while dead wood remains.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well at least that dumbass Asian boy loving Hunziker was made to go.... some dead wood floats high this year..... LOL

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, now here's one everybody will miss.... NOT!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same experience, interviewed in commercial IT and they could not get their story straight. The woman running the group for todd seemed like she should be in sales, not running a big budget IT department. Seemed like a very junion group, only a matter of time until things change I hope

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any comments or observations on Todd's departure?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very surprising! I saw him on the elevator on Friday afternoon and he was carrying a lamp from his office saying he is bringing it back to Basel. Didn't realize that it was his last day.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It shows his lack of commitment with the Roche IT organization and shows he was not capable of displaying how his new organizational set up would led to better results. No key decisions were made only a reshuffle of Roche and Genentech managers. Real leaders lead into battle. They don't flee before the fight. Salesforce.com may get the best used car salesman in the IT industry. He couldn't take the pressure of a global organization. He's used to his boys from San Francisco.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is Todd now? That is which company is he screwing up with his small-minded idiocy? Although, this worthless bastard probably cashed in all his millions of Genentech stock options and has enough $$$ to keep him supplied with 'boyz' in SF for the rest of his pathetic life ...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That kind of behavior is typical for quitters and impostors.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any word on a new CIO?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word has it is Justin Beiber

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% correct

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder you got a Partial Meets. Your response to what happened to you is childish. It's a shame that someone with your communication skills even got a job there at Genentech. I worked in consulting for several years and I have seen several workplaces. By far, Genentech is the best (even after Roche takeover).

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh they are mindful allright. Never been in a place where EVERYONE wants to be so inventive - everything is difficult because the "free thinkers" love to ideate on everything, even when there is a clear best practice and best path forward but we have to hug everyone and make sure they feel loved and included.

I have sat in more than one meeting where we meditated prior to the meeting. Sure some liked it, I thought it was a waste of time. We spent way too much time talking about nonsense, that is why everything takes longer and costs more here