Genentech Sucks

Discussion in 'Genentech IT' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    So: in a severe departure from the spirit of this thread, I am a math and physics grad preparing to go to grad school for biophysics. I am looking for a summer internship before grad school, so complaints about Genentech notwithstanding, I wondered if anyone had a few words of advice on applying at Genentech.
    Who would I address my cover letter to? (Would like to get a position in R&D)
    Any advice on what experience Genentech would look for in an R&D internship.

Thanks and hope life gets better for you guys!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Genentech IT protects themselves from evolving

Let me start off by saying there is a lot of great people at Genentech! I can't put my finger on it but there's a few spoiled apples ruining the whole IT group. There seems to be rewards for idiocy and laziness...some call it self-protection! Instead of upper management (Cindy Elkins) getting to the bottom of this cultural shift, it's allowed to grow and fester. I've been there for a few years and every year, every month, it gets worse. I always hope someone is going to get smart and stop letting talent walk out the door...but it always ends up being about cost cutting. Quality doesn't matter. Are we making drugs to save people's lives or are we making money for shareholders? IT is a service industry and we should be innovating for our business and ultimately our customers. Instead we have a family of self-protectionists hiding their reality and stifling innovation...and crushing good people. As a gal left to do all the work when good people leave...i'm sick of it. I loved Genentech 5 years ago...and have been disappointed for the last 3 years. Get it together! IT treat your people like your clients...if that's what you REALLY care about!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Field Onc rep here: I love you guys!! IT rocks. If it wasn't for your help many times, we would be lost!!
    Sorry to hear your mgmt is not engaged.. Do you have mechanisms to provide them feedback?
    Good luck...but we appreciate what you do!!!