Genentech-XO

Discussion in 'Ashfield Healthcare' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

next payout not until end of July per information given during close out meetings.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got an e mail asking if you were going to return??

Did everyone else get this same e mail? I didn't.....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with this post above. I really think that upper level management is going to be surprised by how many people "leave" Ashfield between the end of season # 1 and the beginning of season # 2. In other words, those reps won't even interview since they will be employed somewhere else. Therefore, there will be openings. Would not be surprised if say 35 % to 40 % of Ashfield reps move onto something else.

Face it - going without income $$$ every 2 weeks for 5 months (May thru September) is tough...and paying for health insurance/COBRA is a pain. Therefore, as stated above, would not be surprised if a good part of the Ashfield reps move on. Heck, there was an Ashfield manager in Georgia - and he quit and got another job 2 weeks after season # 1 ended!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ashfield will not have an "accurate" head count on open territories (territories where someone need to be hired for) until probably mid September or so. Someone just wrote that there were 2 Ashfield XO reps in their district - and these 2 people took jobs with IQVIA on the ADHD contract (they left Ashfield and won't re interview for their Ashfield XO jobs).

Sounds like some Ashfield XO people have moved on and will move onto other things before season @ 2 starts.

So there will be openings......

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

one thing that no one has talked about is the media presence that Genentech has - or supposedly has - budgeted for. TV, for starters. I remember conversations regarding Xofluza commercials that would run in season 2. Now........... it is anyone's guess when or if that will materialize. But they had plenty of print media presence in season 1. So hopefully they are still planning on the TV spots. which would necessitate a season 2 obviously.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

one thing that no one has talked about is the media presence that Genentech has - or supposedly has - budgeted for. TV, for starters. I remember conversations regarding Xofluza commercials that would run in season 2. Now........... it is anyone's guess when or if that will materialize. But they had plenty of print media presence in season 1. So hopefully they are still planning on the TV spots. which would necessitate a season 2 obviously.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager has not heard anything from Ashfield so he's assuming he's not being asked back. He told me that a new manager will hire their own reps so even though I preformed well in my district, I still have to interview and it's 50/50 that I get rehired back. Probably a whole new team will be assembled for season 2.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There WAS a projected bonus payout for June:
    “Phase III payout-Feb/Mar data-MBO/TRX-Late June (dependent upon data availability)”.
    Today is end of June pay period and no payout. Is the data unavailable?

Crickets from Ashfield...

Dear Ashfield, Why have we not received any form of update regarding this and the status? Sincerely, WTF

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the last pay period for June is this Friday the 28th according to the pay periods from May on.

I hope they do not decide to hire all new reps - and not even give those of us who have performed well in season 1 at least a slight edge. If you think of it logically - if this was a case where we were coming back for season 2 after a long, protracted absence - say over a year? - then it might make sense to hire new "blood." But the project ended two months ago!! We know the product, know the territories and have built countless contacts with physicians, pharmacists and office managers....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think Ashfield will be lucky to get season # 1 reps to come back.

From a rep's perspective, this seasonal drug rep job is a hard sell.....

get paid for 7 months, get health insurance for 7 months.....

then no pay and no health insurance for another 5 months.

Some of the season # 1 reps will say "screw this...I can't go without pay and without health insurance/benefits for 5 months...so I'll find a (full time) drug rep job".

As someone else posted recently, Ashfield might be quite surprised about the # of season # 1 sales reps that find other employment and therefore, will not come back for season # 2.

Then Ashfield is back to square # 1 trying to convince someone to come on board for 7 months, then go for 5 months without pay. That is a hard sell.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree that it would make sense to keep the season # 1 reps on board. You are correct that the season # 1 reps know the product, the Ashfield culture, the IPAD databases, the territories, the contacts, etc.

Would also make sense to communicate with the season # 1 reps sometime to give them a "heads up" and a timeline for season # 2.

Just sayin'.....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well since all of the reps need to interview for their jobs again in season # 2...doesn't that mean that all of the territories will be considered open?

At least that is what was listed on the e mail yesterday (about jobs being posted in the next few weeks).

Not trying to sound like a smart aleck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On today's payout it looks like the market share portion Dec-Mar was paid out as well and they originally told us on a slide at mtgs market share paid in July? So I'm assuming next month payout will only be April volume and share?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

saw the note about jobs being posted in the next few weeks. just wondering how Ashfield is going to schedule interviews. I would think the interviews would be scheduled for August? (as they were for season 1). I'm glad I saved some of the material from season 1 that I can refer to for background before the interview.

It is difficult - at this juncture, June 28 - to predict what's going to happen a few months from now. Unfortunately, the reps pretty much haver zero information to work with at this point...……. its difficult to play the "waiting game."

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree it is difficult to play the waiting game.

Wonder what the true head count is now for season # 1 reps - how many (what %) are working at another job and not expecting to come back?

Any ideas anyone?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone is gone from season 1 including me. Why hire us back when no one hit metrics/numbers. I know, I know....there were obstacles but this is how contracts work. A new team will be assembled and frankly it should. If I get hired back they will get the same results as they did for season 1.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you think that no one from season # 1 will be invited back and given a job offer....even if they interview again???

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it was that way why would you want to return? I cannot believe no one has any idea about returning. It’s July and no start date or confirmation if we’re coming back. Too much uncertainty..time to move on!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the above post. I've worked on several contracts and if Ashfield doesn't get a better candidate then they will re-hire us. I'll take the job only because there is nothing out there for me to interview for at the moment. Pharma seems to be dying.

21. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing will happen this week with the holiday.