GENERIC XIBROM

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, May 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ARE ALL SCREWED...WHO LIED ABOUT WHEN XIBROM WAS GOING GENERIC?

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T VINCE "PROTECT" XIBROM BETTER AS HE SAID HE WOULD!

VINCE SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT HIS JETS AND BOATS AND FOCUS ON THE BUSINESS!

I GUESS THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAD A GPA OF 1.2 OR 1.4!!! IN COLEGE!!
    I BET HE WISHES HE HAD PURCHASED BOOKS IN UNDER GRAD AND GRAD SCHOOL SO HE MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT RUNNING A BUSINESS!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you to criticize? Revenues are up 30% from 1st qtr. last year, pipeline looks good. Generic is the nature of this industry. Every pharma company experiences it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bromday is the patent protector....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bromday will still get substituted by the pharmacist either by calling and asking to switch or it just happening. Remember there is no difference between Xibrom and Bromday. Same exact drug. This is going to have a very significant impact on sales I am afraid.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typically a branded drug loses half its market share to a new generic equivalent within months. There are tens of thousands of pharmacists out there that switch scripts, DAW or not.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure that Vince had no control over this one...he's pretty smooth but not that smooth.

What bothers me is that the co. either is blind to the fact that this will destroy Bromday or is flat out lying to our face. Unfortunately I think it's the latter. Not only will pharmacists substitute, but once the docs find out there is a generic brom...they will rx for it instead of the name brand. Guess we better sell some more Bepreve! $200M...no f'ing way.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My biggest criticism of senior management is that Bepreve and future drugs don't get added to the formularies of insurance companies nationwide. See what happend in the NC-DC area vs. the rest of the country. How much we control that at the get-go and why they don't I'm not sure. Our annual revenue has been downgraded to $170-190M instead of $200M so they finally got the picture.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

clearly someone with their head up Vince's ass, and drinking gallons ISTA kool-aid! Of course generic is part of the game,,,but as someone else said either the mgt was ill informed or lying to everyone!! You're about to have your ass handed to you by managed care and dr.'s rxing generic and pharmacies substituting generic bromfenac

And I can criticize I never had a GPA under 2...and never wanted to run a company....some people just luck into a career not by skill or ability!

anyone who says Vince is prepared....must be high, he certainly never spoke about being prepared for this early generic entry...SURPRISE!!!!

I am sure with he great experience and ability to manage these type of situations ALLERGAN will be knocking on his door to get him back!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upper management is meeting currently to figure out how to spin this as to not create panic. They are going to tell us Bromday cannot be switched and they have many tools for us to use to make sure the generic switch does not happen in the upcoming months. The fact is managed care will not cover Bromday over a generic bromfenac. This leaves us with 3 products producing $40-$60 million this year.

The truth is the generic switch is going to happen and I see Ista hitting $145 million in sales this year and not $200 million. Next year will be much worse with a probable downsizing of the sales force until any new drugs can be approved in 2-3 years. Ista might try to buy a failing medication for the sales force to sell but it will only be a band-aid. The smart ones will update their resumes immediately and start looking for a new job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "smart" ones might, but the "smarter" ones already did!! The writing was on the wall a long time ago. I'm glad I punched out when I did. ZERO regrets!! Good luck to the rest of you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for checking in you big bastard !

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!! SAD BUT TRUE, that sales force expansion of fall 2009, well we will see the reverse very soon.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has this news delayed the hiring process. Several territories are in interviewing process and seems to have slowed down. Is company re-evaluating the decision to hire these territories?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my gosh, I have never seen so many naysayers, its like that cult who said the world will end today. Give me a break already with all this.

We have good jobs, you work, you make money, if you dont think you can do it move on.

stop wining about everything and blame everyone one else for your miserable life

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read the other company boards and they have the same nay sayers there that I read here. Pharmaceutical sales is absolutely the easiest sales position in the world, and believe me, I've sold a lot of things. Damn good pay and about 6 hrs a day and 5 1/2 days a week of "work". Instead of talking positives, all I hear on most of these boards is negative sh*t. Maybe it might not be a bad thing if pharm sales does go away in the next five years. Then some of you will remember the good old days and how you took advantage of it and screwed it up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How we screwed it up? Wrong. You aren't very smart. The marketing and sales directors screwed it up a long time ago. They kept adding sales forces and increased the amount of calls required. This happened year after year after year. This is what will kill the industry.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will the lies stop...(no answer please)

I bet anything Vince new about generic xibrom coming, that was the huge push for the approval then conversion to bromday...DA...wasn't the goal 90% by end of Dec?? come on!

anyone who doesn't agree have another gulp of the kool-aid!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so your mad that, if he indeed knew, put the right strategy in place and took over 85% of the market with bromday?

What are you stupid? Knew or not, we are ahead of the game.

generics are a reality and the market place will get worse before it gets better.

Also managed care and rebates are worse than ever for any company so stop blaming every one for not getting on. vote congress people in that will fix that not the company

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the only way for this to be fixed is that stupid pharma companies to quit screwing the american public under the diguise of the hatch-waxman act. bromday is exactly the same as xibrom. exactly. I hope every pharmacist and dr out there switches to the generic to save the american people and tax payers millions. i couldn't care less about drug reps that pedal big pharma lies to the drs. big pharma is a huge drain on the american taxpayer.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post ... You are the most ignorant person on the boards. Do you think the government is funding a lot of research for new meds for those common or unique medical problems that may affect your family?? Do you think generic companies fund research? Do some research yourself before you voice an opinion again.