Generousity

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smart phones (iPhone, Blackberry, etc) for anyone and at any level. Company pays for monthly service fees ($ multi-millions). Without these mobile devices, we could not take care of personal things from 9-5pm. Thank you investors!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company generously sends employees to several workshops every year.
    Thank you investors.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gym
    Basketball courts
    Deli
    Large screen TVs
    Mini fridges

Concierge service
    Limo service to airports
    Free personal travel arrangements

Large open office space
    Underground parking

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*For San Diego. Everyone else can go to hell. Love when they post on Facebook from the conferences that it is 3pm and they are having drinks by the hotel pool.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work Schecule: 3-4 meetings daily

Breakfast 9-10 am
    Meeting 10-11 am
    Lunch 11-1pm
    Meeting 1-2pm
    Gym 2-4pm
    Meeting 4-4:30pm
    Pickup children at 4:30pm

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awsome perks!
    Fantastic resource for earning frequent flyer miles.
    Used several free trips around the world already.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gestión de ayudarnos a disfrutar de la buena vida.
    Gracias, los inversores.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely, there will be BONUS.
    Management will be rolling it out in Dec, before the Holidays.
    Santa will be coming around on the 24th with the good news.

Use this act of good will and buy something special for your bosses.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my department, we browse internet form 9-5 pm everyday.
    Great company for social network. Fantastic!
    We love Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Amazon, Ebay, Overstock, Match, eHarmony...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well.......the RIGHT thing to do would be for the senior leadership to forego any bonus whatsoever because NONE of them have performed......if there is any bonus to be paid at all it should go to the rank and file employees who have devoted a lot of time and tried to keep the faith --- they are the ones who more than likely NEED the bonus --- not the folks who are pulling down half a million a year for nothing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awsome Cult: http://www.amylin.com/about/the-culture.htm
    Amylin people flourish in a culture that values diversity, commitment and talent, and a fast-paced, stimulating environment that encourages creativity, open-mindedness, collaboration and results.

The workplace environment and job satisfaction endemic to Amylin have been recognized by The Scientist magazine, and the company has been cited as one of the best places to work in California.

With a collegial culture encouraging curiosity and continuous learning, Amylin provides an opportunity for involvement with exciting, leading-edge science in an open, authentic and honest atmosphere.

For some, the most rewarding aspect is the ability to interact with others—an open-door policy throughout the organization, and an ongoing emphasis on mentoring, coaching and professional development.

But most important is a shared commitment to improve the lives of patients living with diabetes and obesity, and the sure knowledge that Amylin people are truly making a difference.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perfect something special for OGK - a jockstrap. This way his VPs can still lick...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha - yeah their cultural values!

Pat each other on the back and nominate each other for the Believer Award so they get the $5000 check. Hmm, whose turn is it to get it this time?

I was a contractor and I think I knew more about their drugs than the people who work there.

They are there for a paycheck, bonus, and secure job among their cronies who all protect each other from their incompetence and hire contractors to do the real work.

Their head count is a joke - cause all the contractors are not part of that - so the ones who do the work are not included in the praise or bonuses.

I know one time when a presentation to management was all the contractors work and the employee claimed it as HIS!! Shameful.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a consultant. This company hired so many consultants to do the jobs that their employees ought to know how to do. We did a lot of cleanup work. There were so many errors made by management learning on the job and countable GLP and GMP violations. We were hired to clear the evidence and be accountable. I witnessed management sugar coat every piece of information. The world appears to be perfect (not!). They often joke about being in "lala land" and came up with a scheme to give employees gift certificates regularly to keep everyone happy. Inbreed of a new cult. They joked about the "kool-aid" of Jone's Town.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Full-time employees benefits: http://www.amylin.com/careers/benefits.htm
    Full Medical Coverage
    Dental Plan
    Voluntary Vision Plan
    Disability
    Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
    Long Term Care Insurance
    Optional Supplemental Long Term Care Insurance
    Optional Life Insurance
    Flexible Spending Accounts
    Paid Personal Leave
    401(K) Plan
    Employee Stock Purchase Plan
    Domestic Partner Coverage
    Employee Assistance Program
    Education Assistance
    Discounted Gym Memberships

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On November 30, 2010, the Board of Directors of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., or Amylin, approved the company's executive cash bonus plan for 2011, or the Plan. The Plan is not contained in a formal written document, but a summary of the manner in which executive officer cash bonuses are determined is set forth below.

Amylin's executive officers are entitled to earn cash bonus compensation based upon the achievement of certain specified corporate goals established by Amylin's Board of Directors, or the Board. The corporate goals established for fiscal year 2011 for purposes of the Plan relate to net revenue, non-GAAP operating loss, and product pipeline innovation and development results.

Under the Plan, each participant's target bonus is established by multiplying such participant's salary by a percentage value. The percentage value for each executive officer is based on the participant's level of responsibility with the company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

..........They often joke about being in "lala land" and came up with a scheme to give employees gift certificates regularly to keep everyone happy.

You must be speaking of the Regulatory Affairs department.

If you believe them, Reg Ops was solely responsible for the NDA submission. They will whine until Amylin gives them a bonus

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in project management. We give out gift cards all the time. The other departments give out even more. It's free money. Everyone is happy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone is cheerful and getting ready for the holidays. Project spending is at normal level. We even get a few more perks these days. Next week will be working 1/2 time and getting 100% pay. If the rain stops, I might go surfing. Most of my colleagues will be meeting and playing golf. We are in good company. We have the most awesome management! See our new posts on Facebook.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many perks and snoozy quality group. Many GLP and GMP violations ignored. It's a matter of time.....