Generousity

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohio and San Diego will replace New Jersey's JNJ in making headline news.
    Johnson & Johnson’s troubled times NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) — Criminal investigations, “phantom” recalls and executive oustings are exposing a dark side of Johnson & Johnson, once considered a pillar of American industry. J&J’s double whammy: First, lawmakers investigating J&J’s (JNJ, Fortune 500) string of drug recalls announced a second hearing to ask executives to explain inconsistencies in testimony of what they knew about problems with drugs like Tylenol and Benadryl and why they were yanked off store shelves. Those over-the-counter drugs were made by the company’s McNeil Consumer Healthcare unit.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rebecca Rodriguez, FDA National Expert Investigator, also addressed the issue of training at length in her presentation, "Regulatory Expectations for Training." Rodriguez's presentation referred to 21 CFR 211.25(a): Training in current good manufacturing practice shall be conducted by qualified individuals on a continuing basis and with sufficient frequency to assure that employees remain familiar with GMP requirements applicable to them. She also remarked that, "GMP regulations are flexible about frequency for training; basically you decide what's appropriate ... Supervisors should have education, training and experience to perform their functions [since] what they do will impact the product's manufacturing."

Of more than 25 additional Quality System deficiencies discussed by Turcovski, seven were related to training. "We find employees are not aware of standard operating procedures or don't know where they are," said Turcovski after discussing deficiencies such as: Employees can't perform tasks according to SOP; No training when SOPs are revised; No annual GMP training; and Excessive number of operator errors in manufacturing or laboratory.

Human error was also a significant part of Rodriguez's discussion. "I often see human error as the cause of problems. I saw a company having problems with cleaning procedures. Sure enough, SOPs were not clear. We interviewed operators and discovered they were doing different things. It was not the operators' fault because the SOP was not clear in the first place." She then asked, "How do you train someone when SOPs aren't clear?.

Rodriguez noted the following types of human error:
    * Organizational/systemic
    * Procedural (SOPs)
    * Careless work
    * Voluntary/intentional
    * Involuntary

Providing another example of human error, Rodriguez recalled, "I did an inspection when a company was having a high rate of human error. [According to the SOP] people that were giving maintenance services were not supposed to leave the door open."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Voted best place to work several years. We love our jobs. No pressure, no accountability. No one can do any wrong here. Fantastic work life balance. Company provides smart phones for everyone to allow us to enjoy the tall waves or a round of golf or shop with the provided monthly gift cards. It's raining today. Can't play golf. We'll be shopping instead.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While others are enjoying the lavish perks, Vivus applies to market obesity drug Qnexa in EU. TEL AVIV (MarketWatch) -- Vivus Inc., (VVUS 9.93, +0.15, +1.53%) the Mountain View, Calif., biopharma firm, applied to the European Medicines Agency for authorization to market the once-a-day obesity drug Qnexa in the European Union. The drug is used together with a "mildly hypocaloric diet," Vivus said in a Monday statement. Some 150 million adults in Europe are obese and "the prevalence is rising rapidly," Vivus said. Data from two-year studies of the drug met the EMA's benchmark for efficacy of obesity therapies, Vivus said.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vivus can work all they want. We got all of our shopping done yesterday. Saw all of my boss and colleagues at the mall. Too cold to surf this time of year. We'll play golf on Thursday when it dries out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were told to enjoy the holidays. Management confirmed no additional layoffs this year by email and voicemail. This is the best place I've ever worked.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every time we visit HQ for AEM, we would sing the chorus: "Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way. There were voices down the corridor I thought I heard them say. "Welcome to the Hotel California. Such a lovely place. (Such a lovely place). Such a lovely face. Plenty of room at the Hotel California. Any time of year (Any time of year). You can find it here."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many perks and snoozy quality group. Many GLP and GMP violations ignored. It's a matter of time.....

That's because those guys are lazy and pass the buck. Get a clue and look at the Amylin Quality group

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An extra week of vacation this year. Most managers will be taking an extra week off. I asked around and many people will be working from home. I will work my smart phone from home too. Drink a few pints. Relax and enjoy the extra days off.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who actually votes on these things? The company fills out an application - they can pad it any way they want to make the company look good and like it's a slice of heaven to work there....they pay a fee to enter....but I don't ever recall being asked to vote on the matter. Makes sense that employees would vote on it.......bet the outcome would be vastly different if that were the case.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR gave list of culture belief award winners to the people conducting the survey. Now you know why so many awards were given out. It was explained to me that the process is like selecting the a favorable jury to ensure a victorious win. A perfect field goal every time.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMLN Summer Intern Chicks are SKANKS!!!!

Looks like they got beat by the UGLY Stick prior to joining

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We showed them 80% play and 20% work life. Their positive impression of us make them an excellent marketing tools. Boost sales in those years by 10%. A big win win for everyone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Summer 2008 was absolutely fun (video). The lavish spending and trips were fantastic. A few months later, 340 full time employees were laid off. My best friend was one of them. The company announced.....Amylin Pharmaceuticals yesterday cut 340 staffers--some 25 percent of its workforce--to save $100 million a year. The San Diego drugmaker will be left with 1,800 workers. Disappointing sales of Amylin's diabetes med, Byetta, prompted the staffing cuts, which will include positions in administration, operations and R&D, CEO Daniel Bradbury told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "The purpose of the reorganization is to really put us in a stronger position as a company to execute our business plan and become cash flow positive by 2010," Bradbury said.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Privileged few. Lavish spending in the sumer of 2008...then laid off 340 in the fall the same year. More spending in 2009...then laid off 200 in sales. I was one of them. "Amylin Cuts 200 Sales Reps, Looks for $45M in Savings Next Year by Bruce V. Bigelow 5/4/09. San Diego diabetes drugmaker Amylin Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMLN), under pressure to cut costs, said today it plans to lay off 200 sales representatives, or 11 percent of its total worldwide workforce."

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More lavish spending....then laid off 60 in summer 2010. More caviar wishes and champagne dreams this fall...the next episode (2011) is already written. Management will deliver yet another predictable plot. If you thought Sarah Palin's Alaska is politically driven, stay tuned for this "reality bites" episode.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get rid of S Daly, what has he done for Symlin. Every type 1 diabetic should be on Symlin, there should be no excuses. Also get rid if the 2 brown nosing clowns Tom S and Huy N. The whole Symlin team is a failure.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

especially the Chinese ball lickers

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managing these pawns are easy. They are large in numbers and travel in packs. Gain alignment is quick and easy. When necessary, they throw each other under the bus to get ahead. I look forward to see how our replacement Japanese managers work with them.