Genzyme

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Feb 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does the Genzyme division differ from the others, if at all, in terms of culture, employee happiness, job security, etc?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genzyme is a total shit hole. When they bring you in they won’t tell you that you are guaranteed a 1% raise every year. Wow, a whole one percent. Everyone gets the one percent period. Also, leadership completely sucks because all they care about is politics and protecting their own asses. It’s the only pharma company that has absolutely NO formal management training so be prepared for totally incompetent regional business directors (they are really just DM’s but sanofi wants they to feel special). Move on and don’t even interview at this piss hole!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One percent? That can’t be accurate, no one would stay unless salaries are already 165k plus.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not everyone gets 1%. There were many Genzyme folks that past two years that got .5% or nothing at all. Sanofi has destroyed Genzyme. Also the comment about leadership is correct, a bunch of incompetent people have been promoted and continue to promote their friends. Big Pharma at its finest.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In discovery research the cause of the destruction was mutual, Genzyme and Sanofi. Even though Sanofi bought Genzyme, Genzyme remained in charge and treated Sanofi employees like dirt. Eventually Sanofi management took over and they are sinking together - for those very few still remaining. Most of management have fled, both from Genzyme and from Sanofi. The company was great when it was Aventis in NJ, very sad what happened.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you will see some sort of reorg within Genzyme by the end of the year.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After Aventis, sanofi companies earned less profit and its employees disliked their jobs. They should have called it LoseLose.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No surprise here. Sanofi destroys everything it touches. They are a primary care mentality. Mental midgets.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was not great in NJ. Perhaps in your department but there were many incompetent managers in Bridgewater and it goes back to the constant chaos from several mergers and all the good discoveries came from US Research while France corporate management just kept sucking it dry and starving research. If you are a scientist, do not work for a company where headquarters are outside US.
    Where are the drugs from French research group? Zero.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if not by the end of the year than beginning of next year. Most everyone sees it coming. BW is destroying everything because he thinks the call numbers mean the most. When that's not how these divisons work.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell us something new
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/31/reuters-america-update-1-genzyme-sales-help-sanofi-deliver-q2-stable-earnings.html

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi had another bleak quarter to report today, with falling sales figures for their diabetes operations as well as vaccines, where the company has been pummeled by a number of factors — including the dangers highlighted around their one-time blockbuster jab Dengvaxia.

Chris Viehbacher

The one big success was seen at their Genzyme unit in Boston, as rare diseases continue to be immune from the market forces that are shriveling sales in other units. Nobody talks about it any more, but the Genzyme buyout was engineered by ex-CEO Chris Viehbacher as he was trying to restructure the Paris-based company.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi I’m in need of a list of NJ Doctors and their emails.

Is there anyone who may have such? I sure I could return the favor with some very insightful stock information.

- themedicineman

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call numbers are BS. I can spend an entire week talking to pharmacist, PELs, CMs, Docs, Infusion centers, Geneticists, etc. An entire team is busting their ass to get a patient on therapy and then guess what? Weeks months go by of hard work and the patient says I’m not ready. So we get penalized.
    BW said all patients should be on therapy within two weeks of diagnosis. Get a life you have no freaking idea what you’re talking about!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are exactly right. We jump through hoops, work long days, and many weekends for these patients. We can't help it if they don't want to start right now. They keep wanting us to relook at the DNT like something new and magical will pop up.Believe me, I want to add another patient. You think we don't? No one sits on patients because they don't feel like it. You know how you alienate patients? is pressuring them to get on treatment. See ya, they are going for the oral for sure now.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Across all Divisions?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For sure in rare. I could see it happening to MS within the next year.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So how many in your region are looking for jobs? Most I know in mine are looking elsewhere. RDs are looking too. Which is a shame, because there are amazing reps and RDs in this team. BW and BS are continuing to flush this company down the toilet. Patients will be going to competitors, when some of us have worked hard for years on bringing others back from when they were burned in 2011. If things continue, and the layoffs/reorg is really bad, I can no longer say I would want my family being involved with Genzyme. The brand means nothing.