Gerald Niznick has separated from Implant Direct

Discussion in 'Sybron/Implant Direct' started by Implant Director, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya. Like, ohhhhh. 10 seconds to contemplate his options? He has no options. Go back to school or go wash dishes. Reza is the devil. Karma hard at work now. Enjoy. You earned it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All right all you gossip mongers out there, I heard a rumor that Sybron is suing Niznick for $300 million dollars. Anyone out there heard anything?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they do that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Niz is old hat and no longer relevant in today's market. Just leave him in the muck and mire where he belongs and lets get on with life.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No longer relevant! For all the trouble he has caused us, all the back stabbing he has done, all the legal suits he has caused, it is so nice that Sybron is suing him for all he's worth.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your idea of "muck and mire" is retirement with hundreds of millions, multiple homes, private jets and still owning 25% of Implant Direct, throw me in the same muck and mire. Your right... he is no longer relevant in today's market, but the chaos that is out there with premium priced companies buying up low priced companies, with Nobel trying to sell and Zimmer/3i merging, all relate to Dr. Niznick's re-entry into the implant market in 2006 with a broad line of low priced implants and gorilla marketing tactics that worked. Remember, after he sold to Zimmer in 2001, he was also considered "no longer relevant" and look at the turmoil in the implant industry he caused with Implant Direct in just 7 years. The rumors going around is that Danaher is the likely buyer of Nobel - if that happens, who knows if we have heard the last of Niznick?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they may be suing to buy his remaining shares of Implant Direct, but that will just put more money in his bank account so if you are looking for something to make yourself feel better, global warming may not be as big a threat as previously anticipated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not suing him for his remaining shares, they are suing him for not declaring everything to them before they bought ID.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What wasn't declared?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop watching Fox News, you will feel better about yourself. Believe me.

As for the Niz, oh let him be. Contraction was happening anyway. It's the way of the free capital market. Any industry for the most part have those that knock off. There are always buyers for knock off stuff too. Go to China town of any major city, go to a flee market, you get the point. After time goes by, and the 'value' market gets bigger, contraction then happens. Remember, most knock off companies have start up venture capital. In order to obtain the capital, they must have presented an exit strategy. So unless they come up with a new and improve widget, they normally are sold off to the highest bidder. Niz made a living doing that, and there's nothing wrong with it.

God, I'm defending the guy in some sense. I can't stand him.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other than seeing his success as your failure, why can't you stand him....what did he ever do to you personally?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe there are still people out there that refer the ID as the "knock off's" LOL

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, his success has not contributed to a presumed failure. I've done well, but thanks for the assumption. I'm more in favor of companies that establish their own brand, identity, has an R&D dept focused on innovation vs someone that is known for being a knock-off.

Just saying.... But good for him for what he's done with himself. I don't fault his success, just his principles.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's getting sued because he's a shady character and shady characters do shady things. Some of his stuff made sense, he just had no clue how to build for the long term. I say good for Niznick. Danaher people lack common sense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean companies like Nobel who bought Steri-Oss to get Nobel Replace, and bought Alpha Bio in Israel to get NobelActive with its lead-in bevel/internal hex Screw-Vent (Niznick) knock-off implant, or Straumann whose claim to innovation is the use of titanium alloy and took 20 years to understand that bone level implants are critical for esthetics, or 3i who still can't figure out that a smooth surface is not desirable, or BioHorizions with its BS laser lines (and Noznick licensed connection). Some of us have been around long enough to know where the bodies are buried.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Core-Vent was started in 1982 and sold to Zimmer in 2001. Today it is doing over $200m and is one of the top 5 companies. Implant Direct was started in 2004 and a decade later is a market leader in NA. Over that 32 year span Niznick took a lot of money off the table paying capital gains rate of 15%-20%. What is your idea of "long term" success?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Niznick was a master in both. His internal hex connection is one of the most used in the world and he was good in "knocking off" other implants also.
    He had more engineers working for him than some of the big ones so there was certainly no lack of RD.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gerry has always knocked everyone off. I attended a dental meeting in 1988 where he was a speaker. He was speaking and said " if you ever invent anything patent the hell out of it because I will steal it out from underneath you."
    He spent the rest of his life doing just that. I never thought it would affect me but he did copy an invention of mine. I won't go into it. But this is ingrained in his personality.

It made him rich but it never gave him the one thing he wanted most is the admiration of the dental professionals. Kind of like the guy in caddy shack, you have the money but not the respect.

No sour grapes but I would rather have less money knowing I didn't screw anyone over to get success.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure sounds like sour grapes but at least you got your wish...less money. Niznick was issued over 30 US patents, including the internal connection used by most implant companies today. You don't get patents on knock-offs. What he did was make compatible products with his patented improvements, and sold them for substantially less. This certainly pissed off the paid opinion leaders who saw this compromising their ability to promote the premium priced products on the podium. Niznick earned the respect and appreciation from many of the dentists who continued to buy his products over the last 3 decades, and that number certainly must exceed 10,000. What was your invention that you don't even want to mention? Was it even patentable. If not, then just because you told him about it, does not mean he had not already thought of it, or even had it in production. Many people have product ideas but until you actually reduce it to practice, and make the modifications from your original idea to make it work, it is not an invention. I am sure that many of the products he developed came from ideas he got from dentists or other manufactures. A whole implant industry in Israel was developed around copying Niznick's Screw-Vent implant including MIS, Alpha Bio, AB Dental etc. It has been copied in many other countries as well, but in the US he enforced his patent and when it expired, Nobel launched the internal bevel, internal hex NobelActive implant. Niznick was right to warn you...if you have a good idea, patent it or else step back and let someone else take it to the market.