Getting 10k Xeljanz raise to 172k.

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck to these free loaders who have zero relationships and work ethic. You are all officially on your own. No more riding on our coattails. Best of luck...u will need it

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is the same thing Pfizer does every 4-5yrs. In 2015 Xeljanz did same thing for the PC & CSO reps who were hired & bumped them up to be close to tenure exp Enbrel reps who drove the ship.
    Oncology did same in 2019.
    Every time & every division the avg & top paid reps do not get anything, only the lower paid reps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well since this is standard HR calibration model, then our VP once again put his foot in his mouth & should had never said anything about "raising salaries so competitors dont steal our best talent" as this calibration pay raise did not solve this issue.
    He totally mishandled this one (AGAIN).

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After this slap in the face, I ve decided to take Jeff up on his advise of looking for another job as I owe it to myself and family to maximize my financial value"

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a Xeljanz SHR 2 making 148k & got a raise to 160k effective July 1.
    I was told I will get a Career Ladder to SHR 3 & another 10-12k raise in Sept so my salary will be 170k in a few months.
    All the stars aligned with my SHR level & Career Ladder as well as my DM & RD going to bat for me ! (Was told orginally I did not get a salary increase but mgt went back to HR to get me more)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bottom line after some one offs management went bat for, the Total reps that got salary increases was aprox 40%.
    So you have 60% unhappy reps and 40% happy reps (well i hear some are not happy expected like 10-20k).
    Thus you will always have moral & motivation issues w half the reps when you do not give raises across the board.
    It is what it is. PFIZER does this every 4-5yrs.
    Last time I&I did this only the reps under 90k got bumped & Wyeth reps/DMs.... thats it and the rest were not happy.
    Went you reward a few it always creates few happy reps & few unhappy.

So be it. You can not change the execution or implementation of what the VP did, so move on & dont waste energy on it. Lower talented reps rewarded while coat tailing on your who did not get a dime---you can not change it so move on.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets face it, Rention was NOT the reason for pay raises or they would have increased the Top experience talent reps who are being rectruited w big $$$ packages. This was to do something so can check box & say "i got reps salary increases" on a TBO year end initiative for upper mgt. That is all this excercise was because it did not address "retaining the TOP talent" whom still are being courted with 250-300k packages. Pfizer will NEVER compete w that so why bother & just focus on the average lower paid reps (the steady eddies ) while roll dice on loosing super stars & if do just say congrats, great opportunity for your family & best of luck.... (basically what the Xeljanz VP told reps at NSM this yr).

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well Lotz should not have said anything to the reps let alone dangle a carrott implying they will increase salaries to compete w competition. Hell 5k is nothing to what is being offered on the streets.
    He dangled this carrot 5 months ago at NSM & talked about it to our DMs every wk. Enticing us to spur off recruiters /headhunters and hiring DMs with anticipation of getting huge bumps to be competitive.
    I missed a lot of financial opportunities on our VP's Trump like statements preying on our loyalty. That falls on me & i will not believe a thing our HQ leadership tells us as it is partial truths & exagirations . Will take care of only me moving forward.
    HE JUST SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID WORD TO REPS. (Previous VP when we did his 4yrs ago nonody knew about it except for reps affected because that leadership understood for every happy person you will have 2 unhappy so be a leader & manage the execution of this calibration increase w just those that are affected.
    Once Again another example of incompentant leadership of individuals out of position in current role.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. But less than half are happy because some increases were so small that barely register as increases. So the majority are still unhappy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes all reps who did not get raises are unhappy and most who did were anticipating 20-25k raises & highly disappointed w 5k (that is $10 a day raise) that even they are mad about the highly anticipated build up by VP Lotz for the past 5 months. Ones I talked to preferred not to have even been told about it to begin with vs having hopes sky high on comments then blown up with a call of just 5k.

So most reps are more unhappy & demotivated than before all the hyped up mess.
    This leadership team lacks some basic business IQ..... it is amazing they are in the position they are in. Must know the right people----- oh wait, Beatrice, Willis & Lotz all did..humm. no make sense to the ineptness of HQ.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GF face it. Nobody is happy in our cluster f division- period. The Culture & Leadership is industry worse so even if they gave us 25k raises like was implied the past 5 months, we would be happy for 1 wk then everything horrendous about I&I would take over being unhappy again.
    Granted I d take being unhappy 25-30k more salary though. If going to be in a terrible Culture with poor leadership might as well be making a base like BMS & the competition

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GF face it nobody is happy with the Culture & incompetent Leadership of I&I.
    Even a 25k raise like what had been implied by the VP the past 5months would not have made reps happy. ALL the reps here more than 2 yrs who have seen the downward spiral are UNHAPPY.
    25k more would not change that & we still would be unhappy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of you crack me up. First of all, the idea was to make the division competitive with other companies in terms of pay. So, those who were significantly underpaid got a raise - which is fair. If you think the new reps are poor performers and freeloaders from PC - the question should be why did they get a promotion into I&I? Also, for those of you who think you are such great performers - PLEASE control yourself. So much of what makes a territory successful is out of a rep's control (e.g. formulary positioning and reporting pharmacies - just to name two). If you are unhappy, you should definitely leave and find somewhere you like better. Know quite a few people who went to Amgen during the Enbrel "divorce". Some are still there and really happy. Others left just a few months after they transitioned. I think the culture here is improving thanks to Jeff and Beatrice and Albert. Time for the RBDs and their PC mentality to get up to speed. RBDs need to stop micromanaging and stop treating us like PC reps. The RBDs are the worst thing about this division followed by the cowardly DBMs who suck up to them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GF if you listened to the words our VP said at NSM in Feb and several conf calls since, they wanted to "keep our top talent that competition is targeting".... "increase salaries to retain our Top talent"... "we are going to increase the salaries of our best talent to retain from the compeition"
    Well GF , SHR 1 & 2 are NOT the Top Experience Talent other companies are going after!!!!
    BMS, Cellgene, Genentech, Gilead, Biogen, Seattle Oncology etc are NOT recririjg SHR1 who have been w I&I for only 2-3yrs.
    You think these companies are offering 180 190 even rare 200k salaries to Xeljanz reps w 2-3yr specialty exp making 130k?????
    Hell no sister. They are going after the SHR 3 & 4 who have 10-15yrs specialty exp--- per their job postings.
    Totally missed the execution & lied.
    Even those like you who got raises, 5-6k isnt going to keep Merck GSK Norvatis PC from recruiting you all.

Finally news flash, Xeljanz was built from scratch with NO payer access across nation for 5yrs into a $2Billion brand with 120 reps, before the stupid as expansion that hired your lazy free loading but.
    Get a clue, the division is PC now because of reps like you the last couple of yrs & sales have slowed down since the expansion.
    YOU ARE NOT BEING TARGETING AND CALLED BY VPs & RDs OF OTHER COMPANIES. GUARENTEE THAT MISS 120K YR OVERPAID PC TALENT

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well since you asked , I will be brutally honest. You PC reps got promoted into I&I mainly because of the expansion & most tertitories had zero interest external 90% had to repost at least once and 80% had less than 5 people post!
    A product with few yrs or LOE no HOF PC rep or highly valued PC would have been let go to I&I.
    Only the PC reps that were avg at best and PC DMs & RDs wanted them OUT so promoted them out since you can not fire anyone anymore without a lawsuit.

That is the Honest Truth.
    You all did not build or growth this brand, the orignal reps who launch it grew to 2Billion plus WITHOUT ANY COVERAGE & 2-3 STEP EDITS FOR 5YRS. WE HAVE 90% COVERAGE NOW SINCE EXPANSION HIRE.

Only thing i agree on is the 3 PC mindset RBDs and new DMs who do not have guts to push back & instead push all this micro crap down tp us. No wonder the division has had 7 DMs leave the past 2yrs.
    So now few good DMs left & most of them are Managing NOT Leading.
    Only 4yrs left anyway to deal w it & we will be Biosimilars reps w Inflectra & Humira.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total Colossal F up. From the intial communication from VP at NSM in General session to various conf calls to the roll out execution this wk of raises.

End Result is the lowest paying & performing reps got raises. The reps who are being called weekly by recruiters with 180k jobs did not.
    This project did NOT accomplish the objective that was set forth in Feb by the VP "to retain our experienced top talented reps".

We will still loose man of out best & talented reps when companies start hiring again for 2021. I&I just rewarded our newer reps from PC.
    Is what it is, another screw up by HQ leadership that didnt even accomplish the objective they stated for this project. Anybody with I&I since launch should not be surprise by this type of judgement & decision making from our current Pres & VP & RDs. .

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are essentially correct however almost all of you bastards are overpaid as it is, in another 18 months or so your perspective will change, save your $ now cause the sun won’t be shining for long.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. 2021 going to be BLOOD Bath in I&I, starting w Xeljanz then BioSimilar & finally end 2021 Derm as the Jak has some serious safety issues vs non w the current gold standard..
    2021 will be the Year of RED.
    (All fingers point to decisions made last 2 yrs in NYC Collegeville)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Either got raise or didn't- it DOES NOT MATTER!
    It was only measly 3k-8k , not the 20-30k that was implied by leadership to retain talent from companies targeting our BEST with 180-200k base salaries.
    This was only a Workday GPM token toward one of the Management TBO of RETAIN TOP TALENT. That is all this was.
    Do the math, even 5k is what $14.88 a day BEFORE tax so $7 net raise a day. It was NOTHING & really nothing compared to the 180k + salaries competitors are offering for Top Talent.

So chill & don't get worked up from 5months of VP & RDs dangling the golden salary nugget in front of us that turned out to be gold painted sugar.
    Basically same position as before. It is a non event. The few good reps left who have not bolted this 48m sinking ship, will leave when companies hire again. The average rep whom just got 5k raise will be on board causalities.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, it really doesnt matter if you got a raise or not. It ended up only being $10-$20 a day. Basically breakfast at Starbucks.
    Only 5 people got over 10k.
    5 month of promoted hyped up Excitment for nothing.