Gilead to cut 1/5 of sales force

Discussion in 'Gilead Sciences' started by anonymous, Apr 10, 2019 at 4:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Breaking News!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've know this for awhile, not breaking news if you work for Gilead.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know, I was being facetious - the headline drew me in - this has been known for like 12 + months

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many people will be moved over to Rheum to launch our new JAK 1

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

still ppl will be cut. Not a good place to be for a career....pharma sales

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like Nash don’t get your hopes up on JAK shit. The data is not conclusive and the best dose has the most AEs. Danny Boy has begun cost cutting initiatives that had to happen with the Nash debacle. I only ask how the hell SB got away with pontificating on stage in Orlando about the build out when 3 weeks later it went to crap

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the data looks great UNLIKE our NASH data which is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Problem will be we will be last to market and very similar to Abbvie JAK which will launch 1st and with the best possible formulary situation as they will package with humira. We will be starting 5 steps (at least) behind and with an inexperienced sales force in rheumatology,

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And rheum is a bitch of a market access wise. Inexperience in that market and being a follow along to a major player like AbbVie is not a good recipe for success.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true but even with our inept leadership that drug should do 2-3 billion a year peak sales. Maybe even more if biosimilars continue to struggle.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead ripped off patients with high prices! Karma is GREAT with sales force cuts!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lest we forget, we have both pending patent infringement litigation as well as our recently signed agreement to abide by the PHARMA code. These two issue place a lot of pressure on future revenue. Not a good place to be at the moment.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot On!! Greed is never rewarded!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just pull the plug already!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, bitter much? Your post is woefully ignorant. Since labor costs are the most expensive, Gilead is saving money which makes the company look better so it's not a negative thing. The sales force has zero to do with pricing, so that wouldn't be Karma. Do you feel like you are gloating at someone's misfortune? That's just sad. What a miserable life that would be. It is also incorrect because those reps were told a couple of years back what was coming, so they will be just fine. Gilead did it right, which is why we are a great company. Having a bitter heart though, that's tough.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't argue with your Pharma code statement, it's sound. However, patent infringement litigation is so commonplace. The pressure that will be brought to bear will be from how well or poorly change is implemented by the new CEO and COO. Culture will have a huge impact on future revenue IMHO. Shame, I remember when Gilead was listed as on of the top places to work.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead sucked excess profits from folks impacted by HIV as well as HCV! You suck as well! Gilead is an unethical company that is under investigation by numerous states and the Feds. GREED is a SIN!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think some of the oncology folks will be cut too....CAR T not taking off because it is way overpriced and payors are not approving it to be paid...then the other drug they have idelalisib is a dog with 6 black box warnings...sad division to be in!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the lawsuits continue to pile up! More HIV patients complaining of permanent adverse effects. Also claiming that we sat on data that showed we had medications that would not be as toxic. This is not good folks. I'm sure our lawyers can draw out the litigation process but it looks like it's a ticking time bomb. Eventually we will have to settle and it will cost billions which will effect our jobs which means...layoffs!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest