Gina’s Oncology Restructuring

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2020 at 8:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is restructuring coming for Oncology by yearend. I know this won’t come as a surprise but felt obligation to give people as much time as possible.

Headcount cuts of potentially 10-15% across the board. From leadership’s standpoint, there are too many people and not enough work to go around in Oncology. Legacy low-value functions will be merged or dissolved, simplifying and expanding breadth of existing roles and departments.

This will enable Genentech to maintain margins as biosimilars continue to erode the business and new products can’t make up the difference.

I wish you all the best.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the inform. Rheumatology will probably be downsized too with ETR going down the tubes.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for heads up. I kinda expected it. Writing on the wall. Gina is in process of cleaning up her leadership team. My guess is that once new team is in place, I expected the announcements will start happening. Gina will play the puppet master behind the curtains while her OLT executes the restructuring.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Figured this is how I’d find out. Thanks for heads up. I’ll start looking for new job. Lots of other companies are growing in Oncology so I’m hopeful it won’t be hard to find another job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any more specifics around timing? There is oncology all hands this week..

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? I was guaranteed no more changes. This was the structure of the future. Car allowance and now this WTF? I passed up a huge severance. This better not be true. You know how much ass I had to kiss. I had to numb my brain, constant mindset after mindset. I iterate all the time and I do everything for the patient. That’s right I got my nails done boom for patients. I took a trip boom for patients. I changed my distribution system and only face my customers Two weeks to adjust. Yep for the patients. We need to lay off our sales team for the patient. We took multiple price increases every year no matter what. You guessed it for the patients. Hypocrisy! Now anyone know a good resume writer? D

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The original poster is for real. I also heard something very similar on Friday at the cafeteria. I think the communication timeline starts in November for Q1 2021 implementation. The number I heard was about 25% to 45% depending on the function in SSF and eco. I also heard that RA sales force will be done by 2021 as there is nothing in the pipe. Etro will likely be killed since the forecast will be cut in half without maintenance. They are planning to let ocre team absorb RA. I am getting my resume together this week. This place is crumbling as by the hour. Good luck!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously, you believe anything they tell you?? There is no future! They cannot care less about the patients since Art left. There is a very long drought ahead my friend. They are not interested in carrying anyone that costs them money through these dry years. There is no integrity in our current management. Trust your gut. If it smells like crap, it is crap.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What does it take to get the message? You're on the freaking Titanic and the ice berg has been HIT! Mindsets won't save you!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh I didn’t know the cafeterias were open again. They were closed and only give out box lunches. You are not allowed to congregate in the cafeterias. So which cafeteria was this exactly.

Also interesting your number of layoffs were much more exaggerated than the OP. Also interesting that such sensitive would be discussed in public.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was Emily C cut already?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good call out! I think someone just tried to stir the pot. But I did hear something very similar from my counterparts today. I was told that the numbers are not very encouraging. Perhaps not 45%. But it's not much better. I'd rather not repeat since that was 3rd hand information. People can choose to believe what they believe. Just be prepared. Bad things are about to happen here. There are many opportunities in SSF. This is no longer the Genentech I joined 14 years ago! I am ready to move on when the time comes.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you think Gina will react to this when she gets the question on Wednesday?

I believe she will deny it saying no such decision has been made or even discussed. She will also say that she can’t make any promises about the future and how she firmly believes in the ecosystem mode and strategic direction of the company and delivering on the triple aim.

That’s the long version. The short version: Lamb to the Slaughter!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I highly doubt it is that high. The original poster seems much more credible at 10-15% than throwing out 45% or anything close to it...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think we need to read the entire post. It says " 25% to 45% depending on the function in SSF and eco.".. They may cut deeper in some ecosystems. I thought the numbers were all over the place when they first rolled them out. I will not be surprised if they decide to cut half of the TAMs in some ecosystems especially with COVID. With etro likely being on the chopping board, RA will be gone in 1 to 2 years max. The future is bleak one way or another.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bad things are about to happen here.....what do you call the last few years?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Karma is coming to you girl......Took a while but its coming......you know who you are, or maybe not because self awareness was never your strong suit, but we know what was!!!!!!!! Teeeehhheeeeeee

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing the Tecentriq and LPT are due for a shake up. Good luck peeps!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disbelieve at your own risk. People always choose to believe what they want to believe. Don't kill the messenger. I hope no one gets caught watching the paint dry. This place will not look out for you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is an untrue rumor. Stop being little babies and complaining anonymously and get back to work. GC confirmed no cuts or restructuring.