Gina’s Oncology Restructuring

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2020 at 8:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent breakdown.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha. I guess some of our spineless, worthless imbecile HDs and HEDs are reading this. Well, what else do they have to do to kill their time. Total leech of our payroll.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they mind f you and then they make you walk the plant. When you fall over board, they ask you: how come you jumped?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

get a life, loserrr

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you walk your "plants" a lot?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey water boy, get a real director job elsewhere. But then again, you are not qualified.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As fate would have it, when the harpoon struck Moby Dick, the rope flew out so fast it snagged Ahab, pulling him out of the boat to his death, entangled on the side of the whale.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of Ahabs around here. Moby's coming.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s amazing how so many still view oncology as the “premier “ disease state to work in. Every company has an oncology product it seems and no one can get infront of an oncologist let alone their staff. Try reinventing yourself and seek out rare disease or other markets that font have 25 reps per territory struggling to get in. The problem is that it has been too cushy for too long, 5/6 of each prescription is off label and there isn’t a heavy lift work wise Monday thru Friday. Is it fair to assume that most onc reps are slackers and unmotivated??

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate to point out the obvious. The whole concept of selling to oncologists is flawed to the core. The reps cannot share anything that is relevant or worthwhile to the customers compliantly. For years the oncology reps and managers protected their jobs by pretending that they are selling the most sophisticated products in the industry. Yet they rarely have to deal with the managed care crap. They show up at the tumor board meetings every once in a while. Leave a reminder here and there. 2-3 hours a day. 2-3 days a week. How do you justify their compensations for the little they do! The 3 kings are gone, the free ride is over and everyone knows it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly what I was eluding too, well said. The sad thing is that most who have left are off chasing a new "Genentech" opportunity, to relive the glory days of the 3 kings. Most of these start ups (Seattle Genetics, Immunomedics,....) will be gobbled up within a few years if the products prove successful and at best, you'll have some actionable stock options. Then off to the next new launch. The market is getting diluted with too many Onc reps lobbying for the same golden goose position. I work with several former Onc reps in a market with 3 competitors and they are so relieved to be away from the territory boards/tumor boards and "hey, can I tag along on your lunch and get one minute?".

12. OGOG

OGOG Guest

When GC was asked this question recently, she answered by saying “people look very busy to me”

That’s interesting, right? People looked busy in 2010/2011. People looked busy in 2018/2019. Turns out “looking busy” doesn’t mean a restructuring isn’t coming. It’s what we call a ‘bait and switch’ in the business.

I’m 100% confident there is a significant shake up coming in oncology in the next 6-8 months. Biosimilars needs to be sunset. LPT is way over resourced. So is heme - what do you need all these TAMs for? The list just goes on! GC is going to clean house and she has the mandate from AH. She will do it in her charming GC way but it’s coming.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Charming? You have to be kidding me...When she became so called leader of AH&R she was a total fake and everyone saw through the phony. We were all saying well I guess she's now the captain of the sinking ship......Then what's his name MCCO head......looked like he hadn't had an ounce of energy to speak, until one morning at a meeting, a burst of energy came and he said he loves the challenges we are up against. Then all the pretty girls sucked up to him hoping to keep their jobs....Oh my what a show! But this is no surprise been going on for a long time, I just really sad GNE has fallen from grace. Once a great company with great science and then poof! All the scientists leave....Good time early on, so sad that type of company gone!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup 3 oncology peeps max per ecosystem by next fall we will get the word and 2021 shown the door..

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

congratulations that will be the best thing that happens to many of them, believe me when I say that!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Next time when you are offered a package, run with the money as fast as you can. I would love to see how many would choose to stay. The problem is that they may not offer the package to everyone. People may get picked for the cut.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they will offer packages but likely won’t be as appealing given the exodus.

Gilead is hiring!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many times have they restructured in the past 5 years? Each time they claimed that it would be good for many years. Either they lied through their teeth or these are some of the most clueless people in management. Probably both..

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why is everyone leaving Genentech for Gilead? Does Gilead have a brighter oncology future than Genentech does?