Gina’s Oncology Restructuring

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2020 at 8:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech has become an extreme left wing entity that has neither the products nor leadership to sustain. In another word, this place is no longer viable for the sane and intelligent. Any company at this point is better than this place unless you are a desperate ANTIFA.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, come out of your Covid cave!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THEY ARE GOING TO FLY A KITE! LOL

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As one who left Genentech awhile back to go to Gilead, I’d think twice. Yes, it is very different culture but is led by many incompetents and is not a better option. CHEAP ass outfit led by Danny O (Roche fame).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I second that! Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Can't decide which one is worse.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Update: GC is pulling together her case now and will be making the big decisions in coming weeks. Future is bleak. expenses will have to be cut. We were able to get by so far by non headcount cuts....but that was the easy part. Now comes Gina’s Guillotine! 10% sounds about right. Chop chop!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told that the previous forecast underestimated the biosimilar uptake by a large margin. The recent revelation from the payers and networks shows a huge gap that cannot be filled with our current cost structure. The gap will also get worse over time. I think GNE was naive and overly optimistic for what we have been doing to them over the years. You reap what you sow. The cuts are imminent. Goo luck everyone.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical arrogant, out-of-touch GNE attitude. Glad that once great company is in my rearview.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it. That’s actually the whole reason GC left biosimilar team - jump a sink she knew better than anyone else was winking. She inflated up the forecast at the end and convinced AH what a great job she did. Many home office were complicit (VY). She knew it was never true. And now that we are losing contract after contract because we are being “disciplined”...she’s got to make headcount cuts across the rest of Oncology to maintain margin for 2021. I actually think that it will be well above 10%. There is a serious hole and Basel needs the checks. What a f’n disaster!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I knew it was the end when Gina said "everyone seems busy"

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why am i not surprised.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great insight! Yes, every time when they say we are "disciplined" about contracting, it is a code word for the failure to secure the contract. Or the payers just wouldn't care to deal with them. Genentech got away with its arrogance when there weren't choices. Now it's hard to eat this humble pie. The sad part is that they still have leaders who are not getting it. All the mindset BS is so laughable once you get out of this mean-girl-run highschool. They can only fool the Genentech groupies. If you just ask any really smart business people outside this company about this mindset thing, they really think that you are pulling their chain. It is so outrageously stupid that no one would believe you. I am glad that I left soon enough to avoid any stigma attached to my association with these snake oil sales leadership.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just look at the Ohio and Pittsburgh ecosystem, what a bunch of snakes there...especially BEMS and HDs, self importance has been at the top of their lists. You will get caught. Fake news at its finest.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The entire company has become people selling themselves and trying to get exposure. With MBOs, who cares about actual sales? GSK tried this and almost went bankrupt. Now we’ve hired all of their rejects, while they’ve gone back to sales bonus. NWOW my ass

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have it from a reliable source that Gina spoke with leadership and peers about restructuring recently. So she basically lied on the recent call. Gina, I thought you were a better leader than this :(

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She is just doing what others have been doing during the entire process since last June. They would tell you the version that won't tip you off on what they are cooking behind the scene. Total smoke and mirror. Fool me once, it is their fault. Come on, do you need to be fooled again?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gina was suppose to be different. I’m sad that she straight up dismissed restructuring publicly and yet talking to AH about it. Two faced!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pittsburgh and Ohio Ecosystems check it out you will have all the information you need.
    Snakes snakes more snakes, fake fake more fake..HDs HEDs BEMS....let them tell you how to work the areas. JOKE

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have it from a reliable source, really, and that source is; a writing on the bathroom wall!! LOL ya right, I call that total bullshit baby cakes.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know why people are still debating if there will be more layoffs or whether someone really has the source. Some jackass management people would even come on to belittle people with their idiotic rants. If you even wonder if the current size is sustainable, you are probably not smart enough to keep any job. Somehow I sense that some people just can't help but repeat their mistakes by denying the facts and their own experience. I think that's what they call wishful thinking. Look at how they lied to everyone last year. Look at how they treated the performers during the ecosystem interview process. Remember how they touted the pipeline just a 18 months ago. Do you really need more evidence to prove that you are not important to them? Do you really need more proof that these people cannot care less about you or telling the truth. Remember that most passengers did not believe that Titanic was sinking.