Givosiran Sales Positions

Discussion in 'Alnylam Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2019 at 5:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are considering trying to join this company especially the Givosiran team, you need to know what you are getting yourself into. This company is a complete and total shit show. The vast majority of the current sales team is miserable and management has no idea what rare disease is all about. Do not leave a good job to come here, you will regret it. This place markets itself as an open environment, but it is the most hostile and retaliatory environment you will ever experience. Talk to people who work here and listen closely to what they say. They will be afraid to be too truthful for fear of retribution, but you can easily pick up issues if you listen. Here are some facts to understand:

1-This company lies. Two examples are holding back information on one of the products that did not make it to market after there were deaths in the studies. Major Key Opinion Leaders do not respect our company because we did not present the full story. Another example is the current sales leader John M. The company reports that he was so impressed with Alnylam that he "came out of retirement". He was actually fired from Flexion and was without a job. Then he hired another person from Flexion who was also fired to run the NE Givo region.
    2-Read the other posts here. Alnylam is directing its team to promote in specialties where they do not have an indication. They have not openly said sell off-label, but they are paying bonus on it. This is a fact.
    3-The original goals for Patisiran were based on the belief that they would receive a cardiology indication. This did not happen, but the goals are well beyond the population that fits our actual indication. If you want an idea of how inept this company is, they thought they could get an indication in cardiology based on tertiary (exploratory) endpoints and were genuinely shocked when they did not.
    4-If you interview, the company will seem like they are all about the patient. They could care less.
    5-There is no way this company can survive on its current cash burn rate. Patisiran is a minor product in the scope of things and will never be a "billion dollar product". Even so there are 5 marketing people assigned to it. I have worked in several companies and have never seen so much waste. Alnylam also occupies three different buildings in Cambridge. Investors should really take account of how money is being wasted.
    6-The entire commercial teams stock options are worthless. Don't come here for stock, it is never going to make you money.
    7-Givo can't succeed. Too small a market of people who will not want to give up their pain meds. Plus a lot of very serious side effects. Really dig into this study.
    8-Observe how Wall Street reacts to Alnylam. We have our first product launch and on the heels of a second yet each time we announce a positive result, the stock drops.

Please really do your homework before you accept a job here. Most of us would like to have the chance to take back our decision, but we are stuck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word. This is a mostly accurate post. The other person fired from Flexion is the Regional Sales Director from the Central Region, not the NE.

Otherwise this post is dead on. Whether you call it a shit show, the asylum, or just a company that has no business running a commercial operation, you would be right......we suck.

This is a place to come to only if you have to, not because you want to.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not just the field that is miserable, Cambridge is too. We wore blue recently for pain week and the joke in the office was we were wearing it because it is so painful to come to work here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Original poster is probably someone who is interviewing for the expansion and wants candidates to drop out. Not going to work. I'm joining and will kick ass here.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Delusional. Have fun chasing that one patient a qtr in your four state area...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its call ultra rare for a reason. If you can't hack it maybe its time to retire yourself.

Sincerely,

Young hungry firebrand

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And a home office clone chimes in!!!! So obvious........Garcia maybe?

OP forgot to mention the 401k. Lol, they only match in company stock (worst investment ever!) and it is not immediately vested like every other company so in a year when the company folds, they'll take a bunch back. Do your homework, join if you want just do the due diligence.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what do you get out of posting this on here? I bet you are going to try and bullshit and say something about "helping others" but we both know this is a bunch of crap. Stop crying like a bitch on an anonymous website and send an e-mail to John with your issues, or better yet just fuck off, just quit and shut the fuck up.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can always tell the posts that are accurate when the home office people start trying to defend and get nasty and personal. (Typical day at Alnylam by the way.). Tell JG something that is true that doesn't already fit his ideas? No thank you. For now I have to play a game because I have a family to take care of and having that arrogant ass as an enemy isn't on my agenda.

Everything written by posters has been accurate. The home office responses only attack back, but never try to dispute the information because it is right on.

Why am I posting? I'm angry. I was deceived and brought to this hell hole and trust me I am going to leave as soon as I can. I also think people deserve to know what they are getting themselves into.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely you could've come up with a mature rebuttal? We come here to vent because we aren't be heard through what passes for normal channels (NOTHING here is normal). We know that so many in the home office worked at one of just three companies, so its not hard to assume that they'll have each others back rather than to address "criticisms" from us working stiffs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, if you don't like it either quit or put something on paper directing your "criticisms" to the higher ups rather than cry on an anonymous message board. Hell if you had any evidence of the things you have alleged in this thread you could put in a whistle blowers compliant and address your issues in a public manner, but I am fairly sure everything you wrote above is fantasy anyway.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came on here looking for info on the company /position. And I appreciate specific examples of issues.

However, the comment of 1 pt a quarter for a large territory is the definition of rare disease . I've been in that role for 9 years now, and that's a typical number. With 1 quarter having nothing and another having 2. That's just that type of business.

But thank you for some good insight.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The one patient a quarter IS rare disease, but that’s not the issue here. On the Onpattro team the number of true Polyneuropathy patients with hATTR is very low but there is significant pressure to “tell me where your next start form is coming from”. Couple that with the hyper focus on cardiology with no cardiology indication and creating a contest that pays on any start form submitted regardless of if it ships, and the full picture emerges. This place has a very toxic culture overall.

A previous poster noted if this were true it would be a whistleblower case. I think it actually is one, but most of us want to actually work and not go that route. To that poster disprove these facts.
    1-Alnylam focuses on cardiology more than neurology for Onpattro.
    2-Onpattro does not have an indication in cardiology.
    3-Alnylam is paying its team for any start form during the Q3 contest and on any patient that ships regardless of the prescribing physician specialty.
    4-The Alnylam speakers bureau has significantly more cardiology speakers than neurology.

All of these things are true and a clear indication of promotional intent.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The one patient a quarter IS rare disease, but that’s not the issue here. On the Onpattro team the number of true Polyneuropathy patients with hATTR is very low but there is significant pressure to “tell me where your next start form is coming from”. Couple that with the hyper focus on cardiology with no cardiology indication and creating a contest that pays on any start form submitted regardless of if it ships, and the full picture emerges. This place has a very toxic culture overall.

A previous poster noted if this were true it would be a whistleblower case. I think it actually is one, but most of us want to actually work and not go that route. To that poster disprove these facts.
    1-Alnylam focuses on cardiology more than neurology for Onpattro.
    2-Onpattro does not have an indication in cardiology.
    3-Alnylam is paying its team for any start form during the Q3 contest and on any patient that ships regardless of the prescribing physician specialty.
    4-The Alnylam speakers bureau has significantly more cardiology speakers than neurology.

All of these things are true and a clear indication of promotional intent.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I applied but they already rejected me. Sad.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Princeton was all the recruiter had to say to scare me away from this opportunity!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Concerning Hep and GI rare disease It’s pretty Clear the leadership is either primary care or clueless