Glad to be done here...

Discussion in 'Sage Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Apr 5, 2019 at 8:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...and glad to be going to a company with real benefits. Be warned if you come here: there is no vacation policy. This means that you can't just have a day off or carry anything over. It also means that the day you leave is the last day they do anything for you. I wanted to take a few days off before my new job kicked in, and they've already stopped my insurance. They're not even covering the entire last week I worked. Petty, petty. This is Sage, indeed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what!?! That’s crazy! So you have two weeks notice and they won’t pay you for them or cover you for insurance?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They paid through the 2 weeks, but the day after: nothing. Not even the rest of the week. I guess if my last day was a Friday, I wouldn't be covered over the weekend.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually a company pays insurance thru the end of the month (premiums are paid in advance) so I quit on the first so I would have coverage. Of course, I didn’t work at Sage. I guess the old adage applies: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to be clear: they have the right to stop insurance the day after I'm done. I get that. But most places will insure you through the month. This is just penny pinching and, frankly, hurtful.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it is good to know for future reference. I’m sorry you had to be the one to find out the hard way and I hope you are happy at your new job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and if your new job doesn’t work out I’ll be happy to hire you as a companion. I can pay $50 a day and you’re required to perform man on man anal.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But will I get my insurance paid for?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

for the original post....were you a KAM or TBS? What were your reason for leaving.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KAM / Shit company

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why was it a shit company?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

- for real- every company has issues- why is Sage worth running from

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My RBD was an micromanager ass and made everyone's life miserable. The RD is even worse. They are very cheap here as well.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this company sux and the managers act like 1988 Pfizer mgt. I’m looking to leave as I cant take the ASSHOLE MANAGERS.!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WE ALL SAW THE RED FLAGS AND CHOSE TO IGNORE THEM! Many of us found it very odd throughout the hiring process with a lot of tedious crap to do. Even after receiving an offer, then they requested more forms to be filled out asking for referrals!!! After? Very weird and the referrals had to fill out a lot of crap. This is just a small example. There is and has always been this feeling of distrust. Fill this out, fill that out, sign this, sign that. They also have a terrible lawyer here. So over the top with compliance to the point it is just plain stupid.
    Sage wanted everyone to believe "Hey, we are this so hip and cool company and we are so different from big Pharma and by the way, there is no specific vacation policy so you can take when you want blah, blah blah. NEVER go working for a company that doesn't have a vacation policy. Because guess what? They win every time and they don't have to pay out any unused vacation like a normal company would have to at the end of the year. Nothing here is normal and not in a good way. I'm still trying to figure out what is so hip and cool. Tired of hearing about the home office employees getting free food everyday too. That policy was enacted by guess what? People in home office. Because they don't want to have to pay for their own lunches. Just like politicians.
    Listen to everybody. If you want a life and not feel like your manager is up your ass every single day, then don't even consider coming here. I have never felt so over managed in my career. Utilizing multiple metrics based programs make even the most primary care jobs seem so much better. When you have a noose wrapped around your neck all the time, you just want to escape. You have been warned.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when you say they are cheap. But you r a KAM making $160,000 base? you r nuts. TBS only making mid $130s, and they get treated like second hand citizens.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generally speaking, their bases are average at best for a biotech launch. I'm thinking the poster's focus on "cheap" is referring to the terrible bonus payout. People switch to new startups during a launch in order to take advantage of incredible bonuses that are not capped. When a drug isn't approved when expected and the employees have already been hired, generally companies step up to the plate with decent bonus money as it was not the fault of the employee. The bonuses here have been low and many have complained they were making far more money in their previous companies.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How's it going actually selling the drug? Are you running into issues because of the infusion?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, tough sale. Docs not used to infusing antidepressants. It’s a complete paridgm shift. It’s expensive too. Drug of doom. What was I thinking. Someone convince me otherwise.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

drug of doom? Gtfo.