Glaucoma specialy sales rep

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contacted about an opening in Chicago for the Glaucoma Specialty sales rep position. Any and all info is appreciated. Pay, manager, job stability etc.

thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geographically it's a nice territory. Don't know who the rep is that you'd work with but, manager is new, inexperienced. I wouldn't say run like most glaucoma specialty representative positions

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't bother. Nothing new to sell except "me too" drugs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the low base pay+ high goals = crappy pay. If you want to make 80-100k and work 3-4 hours a day it a great gig. However, the position has me too drugs and gets boring quick.

It's a job for women who think they are sales people but they are walking billboards. If you actually have sales skills get a better job and make 300-500k elsewhere.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im assuming it's a straight pharma position then? No equipment or supplies to optho's or clinics or anything of the like? What's the job stability like in this role? I don't want to leave only to get laid off in 8 months. thanks for the responses

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon is launching a new product in that division within the next month. It's approved and ready to go. Nothing is certain but they just went thru realignment and things should be stable. Just remember its not Alcon, it's Novartis which is scary

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check the patent life on the products being promoted. I would suggest going elsewhere because of the Novartis takeover. Low pay, high goals, crappy pay

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

overall a pretty miserable company to work for. no autonomy, lots of micro management, slow/lame/conservative industry in general.

cheers

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i cant believe how many miserable people work here. if it is so bad why dont you leave and get another job? this is a great place to work at and my friend works for the mgr of this territory and she likes him a lot.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A great place to work???? Novartis sucks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

novartis isnt great but alcon is still a good company

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work here and did leave this industry, thanks.

And it's not that miserable if you're just out of college and looking for a good stepping stone job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same as all pharma companies now.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thoughts on Glaucoma positions? What's salary, bonus and are top 20% hitting bonus?

thanks!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the new product coming out? Launch could be fun.