Global Blood Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, May 22, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know anything about this company?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company has so much promise for a horrible affliction but with their inept cast of characters they will screw up the launch, hopefully they get bought soon.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Care to explain "inept cast of characters"? Hiring Sales Leadership positions it looks like, with reps to follow, so curious as to why you think folks should be cautious about the potential here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like many from senior leadership come from Gilead and a company called Onyx. Also I noticed there are many people of color in senior leadership.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which means what exactly? Both Gilead and Onyx are/were successful companies, and the company is focused on Sickle Cell Disease, so not surprising experienced pharma leaders of color would be interested.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are the responses so damn triggered and sensitive? I REALLY hope you are not management. I didn't mean anything of it!! Just stating what I observed on Linkedin! Idiot.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What does the compensation package look like? Are they offering RSU’s or stock options? Car allowance or company car?

This product is exciting, definitely serves a need and I like that they have pipeline for additional therapies for SCD.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the start date isn’t until SEPTEMBER

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead is successful as is Onyx which was bought by Amgen. Sickle cell disease rarely affects caucasians so african americans in many roles makes complete sense. Hopefully I wont be overlooked becasue I am white but if so, I could understand it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait, so if a company launches a drug for a disease that only affected Caucasians, would it be ok to only hire white people?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No and understanding it is MUCH different than agreeing with it. We all can understand why choices may be made but yet can completely disagree with same choices.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well let’s re-phrase that...MH does not like taking orders from white, male superiors, but MH loves white women (and every other color, for that matter)! Just ask his ex-wife!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any idea of base salary range & bonus range? Any other details (Car stipend amount or company car info/Stock/401k/PTO) and thoughts on the opportunity itself would also be greatly appreciated. Is it worth it to leave big pharma for this startup? Thank you in advance

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you can’t figure this out on your own then you should stay where your are currently at..the last thing you want to do is listen this board..

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe coming from big pharma the salary range is acceptable but the range is not acceptable for someone who has hematology/biotech experience.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they max out at 160 base, not sure who they will get

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree! Most big pharma reps are unprepared to manage an account. I see this with some who have been hired. They're used to be told who and how to call on a doc, and are not able to see a doc without a lunch. Just are not used to selling, finding ways to access docs, etc and struggle

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

has anyone gotten salary ranges yet? Where do the 160 cap come from?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was told it’s car allowance. It’s not a co car