Global Blood Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, May 22, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this the sickle cell gig?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is hiring complete?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are your docs saying?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happy to finally have a treatment that treats the root cause of SCD!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo. $$$$$stock baby

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got a call from a recruiter for an open position, how are the managers? how it the quota and coverage?
    is this a serous gig or are they trying to sell in one year and lay everyone off?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s weird bc most who were hired are black. Whites don’t have a chance. Talk about racism and how awkward for the company for everyone to be black. Hey, for breast cancer drugs, only women can sell the drug. So weird here!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate to tell you but that is the norm now everywhere. At my current company the last 5 people hired for the division were all women and all are paid more than the few white men remaining. There is BLATANT age discrimination and reverse racism in all of pharma ! At my company , all the people that were hired for more money by other companies were ALL WOMEN. None of the dudes are getting any offers. If you are an older white guy, late 30 on up, GET OUT OF THIS INDUSTRY AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE.
    A few years ago I was hired by a contract company as the "token whte guy" in a division of all women, the manager who hired me would not even speak to me from the first day, because she had been required to hire me as the token older white guy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good managers. Good culture. Must managers have no hem experience but are good people. The stock has performed well. I think they want to remain independent but you never know in pharma. Employees get severance pre arranged for a buyout. Number of months salary and stock vests immediately etc. this is spelled out even for reps,which is cool

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really disappointed after the national meeting. Moving towards big pharma already. Major push for programs? Are you serious? Marketing can’t come up with something better or more original? Wow. Certification was like PC days. Duh

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO TRUE , already regretting coming over to this dump. Certification was HORRIBLE,
    What a bunch of brainless idiots

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me too. Already looking to leave but will someone hire me after only three months on the job? Job jumper?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MG was at Biogen and loved the panic of the certification and product tests. It ruined meetings but he's an ex-Sanofi big pharma guy so it's all he knows. Good luck with that although things at Biogen suck more than ever now...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES. If you've got a decent work history and haven't jumped around a lot this blip should not be a problem. Just simply explain it's not what you thought you were signing up for. It happens often. Life is way too short to stay in an unhappy situation. Especially in this industry.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m hoping so bc the micro managing here is becoming ungodly. WtF? Had one week of meetings, then team call a few days later then one on one calls a few days later. The culture sucks. Talk about a new culture etc but always default to big pharma. Ugh. They also didn’t understand market imo using ZS as usual. Many territories are dominated by a few large accounts and then who do you call on? Access is challenging and they didn’t realize that I think. ZS sold them on number of hematologists in territory not patients? WTH? Peace out.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they way over-hired. A lot of leadership is from big pharma so that's all they really know.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully this will ease....leading with fear of failure mentality right now

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep preach a good game during interviews etc. but right back to primary care mentality. The culture survey? What a joke and what dumb questions