Global Blood Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, May 22, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The poster isn’t saying that everyone is desperate but I do agree what they are saying. I have also seen several drugs submitted for FDA approval with much better results with their clinical trials and they don’t hit the market or not successfully launched because of managed care. I have also seen drugs have a new indication that the company believes drs will be willing to prescribe more of and nothing comes out of it. If the drug doesn’t have great access it will be hard to be successful in the field. Then that leads to layoffs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with your sentiments as well. For those who are going to take the position would love to hear your rational for moving forward with the opportunity. This is a big decision for me so would like to hear perspectives of others accepting this job.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look for big news Tuesday.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The clinical significance of this response was the associated reduction in hemolysis, a consequence of sickle cell disease that is associated with chronic organ injury. A trend toward a cumulative reduction in the incidence of vaso-occlusive pain episodes with voxelotor as compared with placebo may be emerging in an extended follow-up analysis out to 72 weeks. Follow-up studies are needed to examine this very important, clinically relevant end point,” the author of the editorial wrote.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Levels of normal hemoglobin levels rose more than 1.0 g/dL from baseline at week 24 -- a degree associated with significantly decreased rates of multiorgan failure and death in natural history ...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you need convincing this is not the job for you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Global Blood Therapeutics: A Promising Biotech Pick In 2019

[​IMG]

(2,608 followers)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you leaving? Big pharma? Any stock? Chance to get on the ground floor and be the first sales team for the company. Not many of those opportunities come around in a career. The data is good. No competition yet. First to market for SCD and it’s oral so easy to sell. Stock could double or triple as analysts have a target of $90 plus. I’m on board. Woohoo.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure how much equity they are offering, but I heard the number was low. Anything less than 2500 options is a complete joke and no one should take a risk for that amount. The upside just isn’t there

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are NOT options. They are RSUs which are more valuable. Duh

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what’s the big news today?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still waiting. Crickets.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RSUs are indeed worth more as there is no strike price, however still, the number I heard was extremely low. First of all, for a start up to be granting RSUs is very odd. People come to start ups for the high upside of the company taking off. In which case, I'd prefer the higher number of options as opposed to the low number of RSUs.
    Nobody is getting rich from a few hundred RSUs.
    There are significantly better opportunities out there for folks wanting to actually hit big with a start up.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah ok. You didn’t get an offer?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

800 as they said up thread. not bad

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol...I got multiple offers. Took the one with significantly more equity and an actual drug pipeline.
    GBT is a one trick pony that will struggle once the competition hits the market. Better do your research. 800 RSUs at approximately $45/share is nothing. Hell, thats a bonus check! And once disease modifying competition hits, this drug will struggle. Just need to hope the company gets bought, in which case you still won't make much with only 800 shares.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok tough guy.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. I don’t see GBT making a year before it gets brought or have a major layoff. There is still no launch date. I have never heard of a pharma/biologic company with one drug in their pipeline hire an entire sale force with no approved product.

Your bonus is based on executing DSA calls?