Global Blood Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, May 22, 2019 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think it will be that bad. I will ask my manager.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It looks like you just enter your destination in gps and it calculates miles? I don’t think they will track the live time you drive? They said they wanted a good culture. Big brother is not a good culture.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for asking your mgr the website videos show everything is tracked/viewed and documented by gps routing during set biz hrs...idk...smh...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF! If you ask your manager he/she will not tell you that “yes I am tracking you”, but if you do ask that question he/she will be concerned/wondering as to why you are worried about being tracked, so don’t do it.

It is company expectation that the APP is to be turned on during work hours as manual mileage reporting, physically entering each location you went to in the APP, defeats the purpose of using the APP, as it is supposed to track your miles, where you went, when you got there, how long you stayed at that location, and will create/populate your mileage report for you and your manager (if he/she wants to look at it) on that day.

If you go home at 2pm it will show up on the daily mileage report, so yes your manager will then question you as why you were home at 2pm.

So working 10am-2pm big pharma working days are over if that’s what you are used to.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all accurate information.

There will be no late starts plus early ending of work days with this mileage app regardless of if your manager wants to track you, or not as the way this app works it captures miles, destination addresses, arrival/departure times at every location, and will create your daily mileage report for you every day during daily work hours which both you plus your manager will have access to this daily mileage report.

Don’t be STUPID, and try to physically go into the app to change arrival/departure times, or add in destinations manually as your manager will definitely question you as to why you are not turning on the app, and instead are adding everything in the app manually which will be a big RED FLAG to your manager.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So metrics over results. What a miserable place to work

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost every rare disease start up is at 55-60k bonus at plan. This company is going about it very cheap. And Motus is quite possibly the worst thing they could have done. It is an awful reimbursement plan where you will lose money on your mileage. They only pay about .22 per mile while the IRS allowable is .55. Most start ups are paying 850-1000 per month with either a fuel card or .55 per mile. And yes the app tracks your every move while it is turned on. some companies don't require it to be turned on and allow you to input mileage manually, but that is the company preference. Motus sucks!
    If you really think a 1 trick pony company will double its stock price in a year, then you have a lot to learn about the industry.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They won’t track you unless your numbers suck probably. The managers have been using the mileage thing now so don’t want to be tracked by their boss probably.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like i said I can talk to my manager. I’m not dumb either. I will just ask about the mileage and car company playing dumb. I will see what he thinks about it so far.

Once again they said they want to develop a good culture. On the one hand it is our job to be out there 8-5 or 9-5. We get paid a great deal of money including the perks and benefits so if I have to do that in the beginning to see what happens i will.

Also did you notice in the offer letter we are like manager level? It talks about buyout scenarios and what we would get in a buyout. Looks pretty good. Just hope it happens in a few years.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the description on the MOTUS website.

It claims to save reimbursement $ to employees to "invest in other areas of the business".

That $ is your car allowance, folks.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes most of what they have done is on the cheap. I told you that from the initial interview in Chicago. Cheap ass Marriott. Not even a nice one. That is all ok. They seem like a very conservative company but so far I like the offer. The car uproar is dumb. We don’t even know the program yet. Why panic and not take a great opportunity over this? Besides what about all the rumors that company cars are tagged using gps anyway and most pharma companies can track you? It would only be held against you if you are not working or making any calls and your numbers suck?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nobody is buying a one drug company when the drug will be out dated in 2-3 years...this is setting up to be a big pharma culture.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even big pharma doesn’t track your daily activity via your car. Why not a time clock? Can you tell big brother when you are on a conference call, taking a dump? What a joke...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you didn’t get an offer. Lol. Plenty of small mid size companies with one drug product have been bought. In fact these are much easier to purchase for big pharma. Relatively cheap and easy to buy with cash on hand. GBT does have the other ovc drug candidate also. There is no guarantee the vaccine gets approved and even if it does is likely expensive and will managed care cover it? Ask Dendreon how that worked out. Vexolotor will be first to maker and that’s HUGE. I will ride off to retirement in a couple years when they are acquired and I have a ton of stock through RSUs and ESOP plan. Thank you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the stock climbs to $150 those RSUs look pretty good.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will be interesting to see how they price this. The article one analyst mentions $60k per year. I have a feeling it is more like double that if the average cost to the system is like $250k per year. They will probably get a premium price attached to it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who’s on board? Did everyone get their offer?
    1.How many years in the industry?
    2.Experience in rare disease or hematology?
    3.How much was the base offer?