Golden Parachutes

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be sure you file something soon before RMS or RS is spun off as it's own company or sold.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about figures ($$) on the rest down the list (i.e. the various VP's in MA and elsewhere).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good for them . if you have problem with it , pay your dues and move up the ladder .

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Issue is there's a difference between doing something to better or save a company versus lining pockets as the sole motivation. Just look at the situation sans kool aid and BS M&A rhetoric.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not necessarily a case of paying dues. More like "who you know" & "being in the ole boys circle" at the right place/times.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true at Covidien...kiss ass, screw others and you are management material there

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This might be best post ever especially the last line.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+2

These a$$hats give more thought to flipping one of their multiple houses than they did this deal and how it would impact people lower on the food chain. They saw the $$$ signs going in their pocket and Wehrly floated the idea through his Medtronic contacts that didn't ostracize him after the InFuse FDA and subcommittee investigations.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe and the boys work for the board and the shareholders. Silly you, thinking they worked with you in mind...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im shareholder and never rcvd nething to vote on re: a sale. Ne1 else? Mebbe that governance comment more insightful that we thunk.

Joe is Dennis Kozlowskis boy, makes 1 wonder if DK is behind the scenes on this. Maybe he needs funds to buy more $6,000 shower curtains.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After Joe collects his millions, he can start his next career of impersonating Ricky Ricardo.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe certainly didn't procure his position via his impressive public speaking skills. Combine that with Hanson's bachelor's degree from the #1 party school in the USA, it's no wonder why we are a total fuck up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, How about figures ($$) on the rest of 'em down the list. Want how the VP's at HQ and sites will fare financially.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably TBD. I'd imagine presidents of the divisions like Chris Barry and Blaze etc will have the option to stay or to parachute goldenly, but unless the divisions are sold off or folded into existing Medtronic divisions, the VP's on down will probably be rolled into the new regime. These things usually don't affect AVP's, RM's or reps unless there is significant restructuring associated with the merger. Of course, you never know....

If I were in National Accounts, HR, IT, legal, Customer Service etc I'd be pretty concerned as there will be a lot of redundancy in these departments with significant layoffs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At Covidien, Nepotism pays $$$ hire your brother-in-law and then provide him with a big payoff while the rest of us have to find new jobs. Where is the honor in what Hanson and Almeida pulled off? Probably on Jose' yacht right now drinking wine spritzers...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe married Bryan's sister.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ricky and Lucy?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

National Accounts with Covidien is/was way over staffed and under productive as it is. I'll bet none of them have had a solid bowel movement since the buyout was announced. With good reason...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.. I once had to tell one how to present to anion.. Was clueless

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the merger is completed what will happen with the management hierarchy?