Gonzaga goes to #1 in both AP and Coaches polls! Yee-Hah!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Michigan State has lost 7 games so far this year. When I watched them play Wisconsin they looked like shit warmed over. Nix went 2-10 from the field. The ZAGS would have beaten them by 25 on that night.

St. Mary's is a very respectable team @ 27-5. Ranked #30 RPI for all Div 1 games. The ZAGS beat them twice. The last time at St. Mary's by 17 points. On Monday the ZAGS will pull the hat trick in Las Vegas for a victory of the WCC crown.

Every conference has it's Mrs. Doubtfires. Big 10 has Neb, Pedd State's. Big 12 has TCU, Texas Tech's, Big East has DePaul, So. Fla's, ACC has Wake Forest, V Tech, Pac 12 has Oregon St, Utah's. So what? WCC is no different. It's like any other conference.

Oh, and I see towards the end of the 1st half that the Ohio State - Illinois game is dead even! heh. Illinois already kicked their ass once. Where's Night Train been lately??? heh.

Oh, and I noticed that UK kicked #11 Florida's ass last night too!! heh. Where's fuckie, btw? heh.

Olynyk is going in the First Round of the NBA draft. I think the NBA scouts are a little more intelligent when it comes to selecting college talent than you are, Mon Frere. hah. Especially when they will likely spend $4M to bring Kelly on board. heh. But just like assholes - everybody's got an opinion. And you're entitled to yours too! hah! :D

Oh, and I see that Michigan State plays the bottom of the barrel Big 10 conference team Northwestern tonight @ 6pm EST at home. Boy, would I laugh my ass off if Northwestern picks them off! HAH!

Oh, and btw, Northwestern is ranked 159 in the RPI!!! HAH! What the fuck is Michigan State playing them for??? HAH!

Shit, as least the ZAGS play #30 RPI teams like St. Mary's. :D :D

2. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

One RPI Top 30. The Spartans have played all of the teams with the five toughest schedules, yet ranked in the Top 25, twice. St. Mary's with the #100th toughest schedule, is on par to Northwestern actually. Seven Big Ten (12) teams, will make the tournament. Your D2 conference is only projected to have two. And the Z(f)ags are only rated as a three-seed. You comparing your conference dregs, to the Big Ten (12) conference dregs is laughable. You are probably right about Olynyk going in the first round. As long as there are GMs, like Joe the dumb-ass Dumars from Detroit, these big slow white guys will always get someone to take a flyer on them. This is the same guy who picked Darko Milichic, before Carmello Anthony, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. So given that, anything is possible. Olynyk will be consistent "Did not Play-Coach's decision," by his second year.

3. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

Sorry, fucknut, I'm not the only Gator fan on CP...and if I have something to say, I do it logged in.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you do. In addition to posting at CP I am the King of Madagascar too! hah!

What happen to your Gators? I see unranked UK ripped them a nice one. Well, tell them to do whatever they need to do to avoid the ZAGS at March Madness. It would be a blood bath on the BB court. After the game all you apologists would be claiming that Florida was still 'juggling their lineup'. HAH! :D

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If MSU was that damn good they wouldn't have lost to Minnesota or Connecticut, two unranked POS's. Those are the 2 games that exposed them for what they are. If Northwestern loses by any less than 10 tonight in Michigan MSU shouldn't even be ranked in the TOP RPI 100. Their piss poor performance against Wisconsin told be exactly what I needed to know. If MSU were in the WCC they would be in the middle of the standings. Loyola Marymount would give them a run for their money! hah.

For Olynyk's sake in a way I sort of hope that the ZAGS don't play MSU at March Madness. Kelly would spank Derrick Nix so hard that the crowd would accuse him of being a 'racist' !!! HAH! :D

6. libluvsbukkake

I am not a Billy Donavan fan, but back to back titles and multiple Final Fours, speak for themselves. Has Gonzaga ever even made an Elite Eight?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gonzaga went to the Final 8 in 1999.

You squealers just can't stand for a small west coast college to get ranked #1 nationally. It just irks your ultra-sensitive asses to no end. heh. Your butt-hurt must be tremendous because your false pride has been injured. All the big boys took a fall except for the ZAGS.

Let me say this. When the ZAGS are on there is NO team in the NCAA who could beat them. Bar none. I will be the first one to admit that their game yesterday against Loyola Marymount was not their best game even though they won by 18. They didn't play as shitty as MSU did against Wisconsin, but it was not their best game.

But in about 70% of their games the ZAGS hit on all 8 cyclinders. And when they do - watch the fuck out - there is NO team in the NCAA who could touch them.

Now go lite some of that shit up! :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the ZAGS to have such a kick-ass team one really has to credit Coach Mark Few. The man must be a genius of a coach, sort of like Saban is perceived to be in college football. Spokane sucks as a living environment. Super hot in the summer. Super cold in the winter. Night life is sparse. I guess if you like to fish and hunt it's okay. But how many star basketball recruits get off on fishing and hunting. Plus, Gonzaga is a Jesuit run university - based in the Catholic religion. While you don't have to be a practicing Catholic to go there you get a heavy dose of Catholicism there whether you like it or not. And the Jesuits don't take any shit. If they don't like you they'll give you a road map and an apple and tell you to hit the road. Not like these big name east coast and southern universities who let their star ballplayers get away with whatever they want. Even Olynyk was suspended for the first couple games this season because he broke the rules. No idea what he did. But if Gonzaga would go after an All-American candidate as talented as Olynyk they would go after ANYONE! Trust me.

My point is that it's not easy for Mark Few to attract quality BB players out of high school, like it is for the B10, B12, ACC, Big East, Pac 12, etc... Most of his recruits are NOT stars when they arrived but ARE stars when they leave. IMO this makes Mark Few the BEST COACH IN THE NCAA! Mark can't recruit stars due to the nature of the college he works for or the location of his college - SO MARK HAS TO MAKE STARS OUT OF THOSE WHO ENROLL IN GONZAGA ON BB SCHOLARSHIPS!!! And he does his job damn well.

Congratulations, Mark Few. You are the best damn coach in NCAA college basketball! Bar none, Sir!!! ;)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Gonzaga is an alternative lifestyles school?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Northwestern, an 11th seed team, was tied with Michigan State at MSU's home court with only 7 minutes left on the game clock. MSU pulled away in the last few minutes and won by 10. Still pathetic. MSU is a very ordinary team. The ZAGS would beat Northwestern by 25.

Oh, I see that Michigan lost to Indiana too. heh.

Michigan's college BB teams are as laughable as their football teams. Their pre-season rankings are always great - always in the top 10. But at the end of the season they always lag behind. Seems that the pollsters would figure it out eventually like the rest of us do. :D

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gonzaga offers one of the best educations in the nation. And academics always trump sports. If a BB player can't cut the muster in the classroom he's history. Not like in the B10, B12, ACC, Big East or Pac12 where BB players get the wink and a nod. ;)

By "alternative lifestyle" if you mean their BB players have to be smarter than a box of cow chips, yeah, I guess you could call it that. heh. :D

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, we got the new national rankings only minutes away.

The ZAGS will no doubt remain #1. No question there.

But we had lots of top 10 losses this last week.

#2 Indiana lost to Ohio State
    #4 Kansas lost to Baylor
    #6 Miama lost to Georgia Tech
    #7 Michigan lost to Indiana
    #9 Kansas State lost to Oklahoma St (that Gonzaga beat in Oklahoma, btw)
    #11 Florida lost to U of Kentucky
    #12 New Mexico lost to AirForce

So there are going to be some shakedowns here.

Looks like Duke moves into #2. Michigan drops out of the top 10. Ohio State moves into the top 10. Florida gets bounced outside the top 15.

And the ZAGS are still the team to beat in #1 position!

GO ZAGS GO!!! :D

13. libluvsbukkake

St. Mary's? Conference Championship? Stop it, you're killing me.

14. * mustard.

15. libluvsbukkake

After seeing Kelly Olynyk for three minutes, I have come to several conclusions.

1. Derrick Nix would have him for Breakfast.

2. He stands around way too much, and even got dunked on.

3. He is a poor-man's Chris Kaman.

4. If he hangs in the NBA, there will be a lot of DNP-Coach's Decisions.

16. libluvsbukkake

Oh and Keith Appling and Trey Burke, would light your Point Guard up like a Christmas Tree. Dude looks like a High School Freshman.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Kelly and Nix ever went toe to toe Derrick would find his jockstrap back at half court. Izzo would have to take a full locker room time out for Derrick to strap it on again.

I watched Nix during the Wisconsin game. He went 2-10 for 5 total points. heh. That told me what I needed to know about Nix. He got nixed alright.

Kelly = 1st team All-American.

Nix = Nixed. hah. :D

Now don't run to mommy and daddy and tell on me for hurting your feelings, you little sniveling pussy. :D

Btw, ZAGS up 9 points at halftime against RPI 30 St. Mary's.

Lite some of that up, wah-wah boy!!! :D

18. libluvsbukkake

#80 schedule, versus #100, and man does it look like it. The top 5 toughest schedules? ALL from the Big Ten (12). These two teams are little softies. St. Mary's will be 25-6, and not make the tournament, because their competition is so substandard. Olynyk, is Chris Kaman, not Larry Bird.

19. libluvsbukkake

You beat RPI #30? For the Championship? State will play a top 15 team in the second round of the Big Ten (12) Tournament. Oh, and did I mention that the top 5 toughest schedules, come from the Big Ten (12)? The bitch-slapping that's coming your way, will be quite a sight to see.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ZAGS ARE WCC CHAMPS!!! 1ST SEED GUARANTEED! #1 IN THE NATION ON THE DOORSTEP OF MARCH MADNESS!!! GO ZAGS GO!!!

All the ESPN broadcasters agree. ZAGS are #1 w/ a 1st seed locked-in for March Madness! All the broadcasters say the ZAGS go to the Final 4!!!

The ZAGS have beaten RPI #30 St. Marys 3 times this season. Tonight by a full 14 points. A real ass whoopin! ZAGS shot 52% from the field. Kelly went 7-12 from the floor and 7-9 from the free throw line. Awesome job, Kelly!!! You All-American you!!!

Bring on Nix. Bring on Burp. Who wants some next??? Get in line!!! :D