Good eating plan?

Discussion in 'Fitness and Nutrition' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any suggestions on the best eating plan to get a jump start on weight loss?
    South Beach? Michael Thurmond? Nutri SYstem?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't need a special book. Just eat sensibly! That means quit putting Doritos in your face!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is helpful, PP.

I would not do NutriSystem because the food is probably disgusting and it's all processed gunk. Planning your meals ahead of time is always the best way to lose weight because then you are not tempted to binge on fast food and other crud.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50-55% Carbs
    15-20% Protein
    30-35% Fat

Weight loss without exercise:
    Women 1,200 – 1,400 Calories a day
    Men – 1,600 – 1,800 Calories a day

If you want to exercise, add in calories to cover the activity.

Incorporate in your diet:
    3 - 8oz glasses of skim milk a day.
    5-6 oz of meat or fish a day.
    25-35g of fiber a day
    Rest of calories from fruit, veggies, oils.

(I eat 6-8 slices of Nature’s Pride Double Fiber a day. It’s very good. Another good substitute for bread is Pepperidge Farm 15 grain. Both very tasty. I don’t like the Brownberry Double Fiber)

I lost 40 pounds in 17 weeks. I ate same exact thing every day roughly 1,600 calories. Now I’m on maintenance with about 2,400 calories a day.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to clarify my post above.

8 oz skim or 1% milk 3 times a day.

5 to 6 oz of meat or fish a day.

25 to 35 g of fiber a day.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not meet with a nutrition professional? It might be covered by your managed care plan. Find a Registered Dietitian at www.eatright.org. Call the 800# on the back of your insurance card and ask if you have a nutrition benefit. Many of the plans offer a nutrition benefit. Get a meal plan that is individualized for to your food preferences, lifestyle, age, weight, gender, health history etc.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you need to pay someone hundreds or even thousands of dollars to tell you something you could get at hundreds of websites for free?

Are you really that damned stupid?

No wonder the average american is broke!

8. Anonymous350

Anonymous350 Guest

it's so simple but not convenient

look up paleo diet. basically, we have evolved to eat simple items: fruits, veggies, nuts, some meat, some grains. if it is natural (not processed) than aim for it. our bodies are not designed to eat the crap we do. eat many small meals throughout the day, drink a lot of water, lose the salt and sugar, etc. it's really simple. don't waste your money paying for fat celebrities to show how they lost weight. people think more about they type of shampoo they use than what they eat.

people don't do it as we are bombarded w/ choices where we don't leave our car or do so quickly. you'll find that by eating simple things like this, you'll lose lbs and save money.

i work out a lot (biking, running, swimming, hiking, basketball, etc.). when i did those things but ate crap i was still flabby. eating right keeps me at a good weight even if my activity decreases.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drinking fruit juice is like drinking Mt. Dew and taking a vitamin. Our school system just banned fruit juice from cafeteria.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Food is very cheap and plentiful in america compared to most other countries. Many of you have probably never been outside our borders so you wouldn't know that. That is the primary reason we have so many lard-assed people in this country. I've always said they should raise price on food and lower the price on other essentials like healthcare. We would have a much healthier population. And if you are 25 pounds over your ideal weight you should have to pay a stiff 'fat tax' which would take an additional 15% of your income and go directly into a healthcare fund.

Make me king and I would staighten this country's problems out in 6 months. Challenge me with any problem and I will give you a common sense solution that would fix it quickly and effectively. See, I don't play politics. I am a damn problem solver. But I would never get elected to office because the powers to be don't want problem solvers - they want problem makers. That's why we're in such deep shit.

Enjoy the rest of your evenings.

11. Syd2010

Syd2010 Guest

Most effective diet I've ever been on in my whole life:

Run more.
    Eat less.

Ta-da... skinny @ss!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree. Its all about calories in VS calories out. Amen.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just read the best book ever on health and nutrition.

The Sugar Fix.

I found the paperback in Walgreens. Read it and you will be able to create a lifelong eating plan that works.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drink lots and lots of water.

I do a 40 minute stairmaster workout about 4-5 times a week. I fill a 2.5 liter empty soda bottle full of water. I drink half of it before my workout and half afterwards. It bathes your kindneys and washes out all the toxins. It is mandatory with a weight loss program.

The best health food on planet earth is water.

Don't ever forget it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A very good eating plan would involve limiting carbs before noon and completely cutting them out after noon. Try to work out in the morning as you burn more fat in morning than evening. Check out this blog called the 97 Day Challenge.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to http://97DayChallenge.com it is important to have a cheat day once per week in addition to eating low carb rest of week.

17. kellerman

kellerman Guest

I have started going to a gym for quite some time. I intend to lose weight as well as build my muscles. But whenever i try to control my diet and work out at the same time, i fail. Can anyone suggest a diet that will help me stay in shape while giving me the necessary energy to continue working out?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paleo diet, nothing else even comes close and it is all backed by lots of scientific evidence. Any kind of bread is out, walk a lot, do sprints, do heavy lifting 2x a week, eat a lot of grass fed organic meat, organic fruits, lots of good saturated fats, cage-free eggs, and lots of other "good" fats. Polyunsaturated fats are bad and are the dominant fat in common American diet.

Read "The Primal Diet" and follow it 80/20 at first...eventually you will want to eliminate the 20% shit because it makes you feel worse. It will change your life.