Good place to work? MD opportunity

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call about a rep position in MD and would like to know what people think that currently do the job. Seems like being a distributor that you do not have much control over the out come.

The one thing that is concerning is the pay. doesn't seem like it pays much and not much room for growth.

Any input is apppreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

depending on where you are coming from it could be a good move. It is a pretty mindless gig. Overall it is like any other sales job. you have customers that appreciate you and customers that don't. in terms of income, you will not make more that $75k. decent base and commissions on top. I am assuming you are coming from b2b. if you are good at your current job, you will be taking a pay cut to go here but may enjoy it a little more.

Overall, not a bad place to spend a few years to build the resume and move on to something better, but f you want medical device in the future I would think twice about going into dental. It isn't looked at as a highly respected sale.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesnt seem like you are very excited about the position. RUN! RUN AS FAR AND AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

I have been here for a little over a year and I can't wait to leave. Once I get the 2 year mark on my resume I am jumping off this ship as fast as I can!! I feel like I was lied to from the beginning in regards to growth of territory and income. My territory was way smaller than pitched in the interview and I am working my ass off for $65k for the second year in a row.

This place is a joke!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How true are the posts accurate?

Anyone know how the MD terriotry is doing? Why the terriotry is open?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even considering a first interview. I knew there was something going on when the recruiter wouldnd talk about pay, perks and benefits.

How do you people survive? $50-60k base and maybe make $10k in commissions?!! get real! You can do that selling books door to door............in Rhode Island............in the winter!

I would literally be taking a 50% paycut to come here.. Maybe if I was unemployed.. NO THANKS!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact you ask about the "MD territory" shows you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Patterson. They don't have territories. They have branches and they hire reps as needed to cover all of the docs in the branch's area. There are no territory lines and no protected zip codes. It is every man, woman, asshole for themselves fighting over scraps.

You will get the bottom of the barrel docs who buy nothing from Patterson now. Whoever left had all of their real accounts handed to experienced reps and you get the zeros.

You've been warned.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesnt matter what you call it, it is all garbage! Sales cycle, call point and pay!

I would have never even wasted the minutes on my phone plan if I would have known what kind of gong show this place is.

Good luck

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. I just got a call about this last week and figured I would see what the environment is like on here. Do you really only make 60-75k a year?! Why do u people work here? This is poverty