Good to have our own space

Discussion in 'Stuart Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok ex Stuart folks, let's get this going. My first Regional Mgr was Norm Lepsinger (RIP). We had some good products (Mylanta, Mylicon, Prenatals, Hibiclens) and some not so good (Effersyllium, Kinesed, Kasof ). But, we had fun. Do you remember all those Mylanta samples we received each month. My 2 car garage would barely hold one car. I recall the many good relationships I had with doctors and nurses. It was a time when you could play golf or tennis with them.
    How were your experiences as a Stuart Rep?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

StuartNatal 1+1, Hibiclens, Cefotan....fond memories. Great job that helped me raise a family. Still with AZ and getting ready to retire....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Norm was my first RSD too. I remember working in the field with Norm...what a blast. I just retired last year. Stuart was a great company. Loved every second of it. Bill Lalor and Bob Black were class guys who treated the sales force right. Remember when we launched Zestril Merck launched Prinivil and we kicked their butt with a sales force half their size? What great times!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's my list of good mgrs. Bill Lalor, Bob Black, Ed Delaney, Ed Manis, Fred Schanno, Jerry
    Goodkind and Norm Lepsinger.

Does anyone know what became of Hilton Shendell? He was a funny guy!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah he was a funny fuck. He sucked my dick a few times.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

started out of Stuart Atlanta office in 1980, Don Frank was the RM, Pat Cox was the recruiter and the trainer was Bob Anderson
    I have a monthly pension and enjoy getting that Check every month. Bob Anderson advised me the day I started to put as much as I could into the 401K....which I did.
    Funny looking back on it, no computers, just those little route books, which we didn't use most of the time. I was the only Stuart Rep in an area now where AZ probably now has 15 reps.
    One thing though I never liked was sharing rooms at Meeting which you had to do, and I always got someone who snored.

Well I hope everyone had smooth sailing today!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you are saying about sharing rooms! I was once buttfucked by my roomate during a meeting when she came in drunk and wearing a gigantic 15" strap on! I cried for hours and almost quit. However the next night I realized I was into her and we made sweet, sweet lezbo love all night long!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know I fucked a lot of drunken married puss at meetings! Many of them were butt ass ugly but hey I was wearing some major beer goggles!

9. Hired by Ted Chapman (11/'74) to be first rep permanently assigned to Las Vegas. Bernie Wilson was my RM. Before I could be hired, Ted was required to have dinner with me and meet my wife, to make sure she measured up to Stuart standards.

Vegas was a fringe district, so in 6 years my terrritory was re-assigned back and forth between LA and Phoenix. Other DM's were Jim Woodward, Jack Duncan. Once told by Frank Schiavelli he wanted to promote me and I told him I wouldn't work for him if he had the last job on earth. My territory comprised parts of four states and I was on the road 60%. Loved it. My territory included the Grand Canyon. Remember attending Hibiclens national launch meeting in Phoenix and attended banquet with entire sales force packed into one medium sized room. Big announcement at dinner was that, for the first time, Stuart had exceeded $100 Million.

We were a class act, but we didn't know it, because we thought everybody else did it the way we did. They didn't.

Have always wondered what happened to Jim Woodward.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really enjoyed my time at Stuart. It was a blast. Pat Cox was cool but Bob Anderson was a sociopath. I always wondered how he hid is horned tail and his cloved hooves.... He didnt like it when I asked him that.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started in the early 80s as well..very young so I am still with them. So many changes..I remember dancing with Bill Laylor at national meetings. Nothing is remotely the same. Those truley were the golden days...so many great people.

12. Does anyone know what became of Jim Woodward?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JIM IS ALIVE AND WELL LIVING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi again,
    Sorry to repeat my scribe below from another thread, but it seems it does belong here with group. I suspect (hope) that some of you already have seen this, and may even know me. I also know that many of you would desire total anonymity....and unfortunately some present and probable AZ creep has already tried to ambush this site...but we should expect that considering the horrible effects of what our once great company has become. That does not demolish where WE have been and what WE were and still are. WE were the best, and nothing can change that.

M.R., Boca Raton, Fl.

(Repeat)
    Hi to all of you who were here with Stuart...whenever.
    I may have the record. Started in New York City (1963) after being hired by Norm Lepsinger. First DM was Bob Jackson, and two years later, Fred Schanno. At that time I picked up Fred's territory in Long Island. I did pretty good there and had a great time, working with great district and regional sales people...and I mean "sales people".
    I asked for, and got a transfer to South Florida (1979)...hated the cold NY weather, as did my wife and two kids.
    I later became the first Oncology rep in the South (1989) and stayed in Onc until my retirement in early 2003. Loved Onc, won quite a few awards and did very well financially. I also spent some time in Puerto Rico as the only Onc there, even though I never could get the language right.
    Had a ball with Stuart, ICI, and Zeneca. Hated everything that involved Astra in any way, shape, or form...and evenually took an early retirement right after 9/11, after being kept a virtual prisoner (along with a number of Onc reps) in Key West...not being allowed to leave our meeting even though most of us were fairly close to home. Remember, we were apart from our families and no one knew what was really happening. Our Asra management morons made that decision. AZ was a zoo from day one and it seems it still is.

Hopefully some of you might want to contribute to this thread. I know that I would love hear a little about many of you, and possibly renew some great old frienships.

My best to all of my old Stuart mates. I hope to hear from you.
    M.R., Boca Raton, Florida (38 years with Stuart +)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The managers were great except for Bob Anderson and Mark Wayson.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially Mark Wayson...the worst!