Got another job and I am out of here!!!

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't wait until I tell my RM that I am out of here. I have worked for SKM for a very long time. The culture, senior management, and HR are absolutely a disgrace. This is the worst place to work for. I love the actual job and product line but the culture is unbearable. They offer a very low salary for experience and tell you that you will make it up in commission. That part was true in the day, I made lots of money. Allergan stepped in and cut our commission payout in half. Sure they made it look like you would make the same since they put Latisse in the mix. In reality the numbers were a 50% or more increase over last years numbers making it impossible for anyone to make any money. My commission has been reduced $30,000 this year. That is insane. I now have to sell double to make half as much as I did last year. Well, not anymore. I just took an offer to leave this company. And yes, my salary is $20,000 more than you offered me when I started. I can only count a handful of reps that have been here longer than 2 years. The company has a 75% turnover year after year. This is a sad culure to be part of. From what I hear and read, the same culture exists at Allergan. This is why they do nothing about the problems they hear about from SKM employees. Allergan does the same with their side of the business. It is a vicious cycle and I am so glad that my cycle is ending soon. Good luck to all of the great reps. I hope that you all find a new job too. Great jobs and culture do exist out there. Invest the time it takes to get a great job. I did.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like what is happening in my territory too. I am fairly new with the company and wish that I never took the job. What a cluster f... of idiots. It sure seems like this is how the company has operated from day one. The organization will not last long. Allergan will weed out the dead weight eventually. Why did they buy SKM to begin with? Makes no good business sense to me. This job is not what I signed up for and I am not gong to be around for much longer. Get a clue!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty new and my salary is $82k so not bad. Who is your manager?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my base was $70,000 and that was with experience already in the industry. I was told that my base was as high as they would offer. I feel cheated since you got $82,000. I took a huge pay cut in salary to work here. I have a hard time believing that they offered you $82,000 base. Good luck....you must know something that I don't and you must be a really good negotiator. Hats off to you for standing your ground!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry it turned out that way for you. I know several people in our district that came in at $80k or higher. It's really up to how well your manager makes the case for you. Good luck to you too!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home office is the same way. Anyone with "Manager" in their title should be around $100K but unless you really sell yourself you'll get low balled.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suggest to all of the reps that are making below $80K to make sure to ask your regionals why? This would most likely be all of the reps that have been here over 2 years. Not fair that the new people make more that the originals. We had a better chance of making higher commission and now it is cut in half. Make it known that we know reps are making more and see if they will bump us all up as a courtesy increase to meet the demands of hiring new reps today. It's worth a shot!!! All they can do is fire us!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's another round of no notice terminations coming so if you're on the hot seat, don't be surprised!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. I got mine already. I'm glad too!! It has finally forced me to seek employment with a company that has positive culture, integrity, respect for others and morals. This company is a joke and doesn't have any regard for anyone other than themselves. It is a complete hot mess and is only getting worse. Don't forget to check out the weekly sales summary to see all of the territories with open next to them. It's pathetic really!!!! Get out while you can. The marching orders are coming. I was never even warned that this was going to happen. Feels so good not to have to put up with the stress anymore!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations!! You are on your way to a much much higher quality of life! SM business model and culture are 100% in conflict with having spouse, family and friends. I've never been with a company that abuses the work ethic of its people like this one does! I'm out ASAP too and I know a couple of very talented RSM's that are about at the end of their tolerance level too!