Got setup, put on PIP..

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just had quick meeting with DBM, he had to rush out, just after I was put on PIP. The only thing concrete was that other reps said things to him thatgot me there. I think it may have been an expense account or sig, not sure...but they are all doin it. Also went out with a reps former ex, maybe that is it. Meeting with DBM again for full story..what should I do, get an attorney?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would.
    And, start looking for another job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been there done that, it’s all about how badly you want your job; remember this is a lot of work for your supervisor too, so they want to get you out ASAP so they can go back to doing nothing. Here is what you need to do:
    Document, document, document when they talk to you they will be taking copious notes, do the same ask for clarification often and repeat what they say. They’ll talk to you while you’re driving when you are focused on the road; ask them to hold that thought as you don’t want to be distracted for safety reasons if they persists, pull over get your note pad and start taking notes; “let me understand this, so you’re saying is XYZ; by the way, are you recording this conversation?, thank you. You will have several conference calls with RM/HR express concern about the conversation being recorded, always ask, then act accordingly (Yes/No/I don’t know/I don’t remember/I’ll have to look at my records) smile and be sweet as pie.
    Learn to be a hypocrite, pretend everything is great and you like all the people in your POD/DISTRICT etc. Sales requires lots of acting knock yourself out, get an Oscar. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE that work for the company, even if you think you’re talking to your best friend it will get back to management.
    Do research for a good labor attorney in your area, interview them, if they are good they work on contingency, and don’t retain them until you’re ready to take action, TAKE ACTION WHILE YOU’RE STILL EMPLOYED!! If you wait, they will stone wall you and you will get nowhere.
    Good luck, it won’t be easy especially if your DM is an AH that gets off on making people suffer. Observe your POD/DISTRICT members if you see something shady turn them in to the compliance office.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're gonna get jack-slapped by a Scudder Mill crony for posting this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

podmate insurance

Every time a doc is out or on vacation jot it down in your calendar. If they start shit talking backtrack your Co called partners.

I have a record of fake calls and when people added phony signatures to attendee lists .

If I go down the entire pod and the specialty team goes with me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

keep 2 sets of notes. 1 - if you can - to write down what he or she says to you during the day. Keep track of all calls/fact reports during field visits -both good calls/feedback and the bad. My manager kept omitting my good calls and documenting bad stuff only. when I called him out at mid-year kinda changed his tune. use the iphone - your personal if you can and record as much shit as possible. I have mine talking about how good/hard he has seen me work and bring up numbers to over 100%but still negative on field visit reports. this is a good thing to do at the end of the day when you debrief after your field visits. At the same time I have my manager talking shit about other reps and even the past and current RSD. Every text you send/receive regarding performance - screen shoot it and print - this goes in the second journal. Keep a daily journal and slyly let him or her know. If you did the recent iso train it actually says you are prohibited from doing this but screw it. The second set to notes backs up the first set because if you use the notes shit may happen to them and you have a back up.

I past job I did not perform the above mentioned procedures but I see the writing on the wall and I have a family to feed and am not going to be pushed around by some yahoo with an RSD directive to thin the herd.

I am sure some douche knob will post you work hard blah blah blah....but you must protect yourself and family.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster is correct...document document and document. If you can record all conversations, do so. Unfortunately, this HR department couldn't care less if you have unrefutable evidence of harressment, bullying or sexual discrimination.....if your DBM feels threatened, you are gone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, DO NOT listen to their attempts to be "reasonable" and think they might reverse their thinking. Remember, if you're in this situation, the decision to remove you has already been made. As said earlier, the only person at NNI who is on your side now is you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

check your state laws on recording. if you can go for it! in my state it's illegal, therfore it was a he said she said situatiiion. i did not win

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. When you're put on a PIP, you get a copy of it. What does it say on the document that your DBM handed you? Im pretty sure you're full of shit and didn't get out on anything, but decided to start a thread here. Am I right?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PIPS are more common than you think..starting to see more

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More to come

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another one? Start looking

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

try a video camera, small lapel type..your DBM won't mind

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoke to a dbm who used to be my partner, different district now. She stated that she has been given the directive to look at everything. What time your first call is, gaps between calls, last call of the day, signatures throughout the day, what time emails are created (not sent) etc...cover your tracks.

Heartland Region by the way....I guess that what you get when hiring AZ problem adults to fill quotas

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah blame the AZ guys..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ managers are trained in managing by fear. They have the gotcha mentality. Talk to anyone who has left that company on good terms or bad. Compare an AZ manager's style to that from a different company. Huge difference. Matter of fact compare an Azer to one that has been promoted internally, and see the difference.

My point is instead of standing up and saying we f'ed up by hiring too many peeps (the messed up Tresiba debacle etc.) lets do the right thing give these folks a severance (although the company by no means is under any obligationto do so) to lessen a possible disruption to his or her family but instead the RBD is instructing her managers to thin the herd by playing gotcha. Just aint right. So much for the triple bottom line.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you say HER are you referring to a female

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are female DBM's