Got setup, put on PIP..

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look out for Chainsaw Snow.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or chainsaw doug

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's been added

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

POD's never have, and never will foster teamwork. The only thing they can do is pit PODmates against one and another.

Most people just go by what they see. When they see Podmates appear to be doing better than themselves, they become concerned that it's putting them in a bad light with their DBM. Add to that suspicions of a PODmate faking calls, they respond in kind. It's a self preservation kind of thing.

Funny thing is, it's an open secret, everybody knows what the other guy is really doing, but nobody gives a shit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

never I mean never ever do anything in front of a pod mate or say anything in front of a pod mate you wouldn't want your manager or HR person. Don't tell.them you leave early, add names to a attendee sheet, etc

It's like marriage. You like each other today. If the love goes sour, or if they get fired you have an enemy who can bury you.

I have seen this a few times. One gets fired. The bitter one tattletales and the entire pod goes down.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its obvious that you are one of the 90% of this site's poseurs, pretending to be an employee with real insights.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

POD system will be short term...They are working on fixing it. I'm hearing by end of this year maybe early next. As far as "team" mates out to get each other. You better believe it. Managers are being told to act on every one of the rumours...attrition will be the new model for at least the next year....good times!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers aren't told anything of the sort. Quit saying foolish things that aren't even based remotely on the truth.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The theory behind POD's is based upon ethical and professional behavior of a company's employees. POD's actually would/could work IF every person behaved ethically, morally or professionally and never deviated from that behavior.

Unfortunately, that kind of thinking is pure dreamland. Since the beginning of recorded time, human beings have not ever lived in a perfect world. Not on this planet.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...or you could simply not leave early and not add names to an attendee sheet. Your teammates' job isn't to let you break the rules and then help you hide it. That's how they lose their job for something you did. Now, that doesn't sound right, does it? How about being focused on helping each other through working hard rather than expecting your podmates to help you by covering up your shit. In short, just do your job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe so. But his/her message was entirely true.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, the basic premise of your argument is that working as part of a team simply doesn't work. That people will seek self-interest and self-preservation over the good of the team?

Go watch "A Beautiful Mind" sometime.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The theory of pods was based on data from 20 years ago, when they first started be put into place by our industry. Real world experience and most studies, articles and blogs predict that our already poor access will be 'worse' in the coming years than at any other time, ever. Having a few people milling around the same zip trying to squeeze out 4 or 5 "sales calls" in ancient strategy in a modern world. Im OK with it though, because it keeps me employed and gives me time to earn a hefty stipend on my other business.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember that the stupid, redundant and ineffective ideas that come down from senior management are often due to the fact that the people running this place haven't sold anything in 20 years. So POD ideas that are from 20 years ago makes sense. Remember that cities will continue to shut down to our industry across the country. They don't have any NEW ideas so they just recycle the old. over and over again.

We're headed toward 3-4 payer system so though we won't become single payer Canada which has 1/5 the employees that we do to cover their whole country , we're going to become smaller.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so stupid! We're not saying that pods can't function...
    It's simply that PODS AREN'T NEEDED!!!
    We already have TOO MANY REPS IN THE FIELD!!
    We're telling the reps to call on the physicians TOO OFTEN!!!
    And we're giving them metrics that are ABSOLUTELY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE!!!
    PHYSICIANS HATE THE NUMBER OF CALLS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING!!!!
    SO WE'RE ACTUALLY NOT MAKING THEM, BUT THE MARKETING TEAM THINKS THAT WE ARE!!!
    We're in a never-ending see-saw of balancing our doctors' tempers and our manager's directives!!!
    We would love to behave "ethically, morally AND professionally," as you elucidate...
    But the minute we make a decision to bypass a call, to mollify our physician's office...
    ... we are immediately "under the gun" of our beloved pod-mates, who are sucking at the tete of the manager, trying to get a rung-up on the ladder.

So, Suck It!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so stupid! We're not saying that pods can't function...
    It's simply that PODS AREN'T NEEDED!!!
    We already have TOO MANY REPS IN THE FIELD!!
    We're telling the reps to call on the physicians TOO OFTEN!!!
    And we're giving them metrics that are ABSOLUTELY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE!!!
    PHYSICIANS HATE THE NUMBER OF CALLS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING!!!!
    SO WE'RE ACTUALLY NOT MAKING THEM, BUT THE MARKETING TEAM THINKS THAT WE ARE!!!
    We're in a never-ending see-saw of balancing our doctors' tempers and our manager's directives!!!
    We would love to behave "ethically, morally AND professionally," as you elucidate...
    But the minute we make a decision to bypass a call, to mollify our physician's office...
    ... we are immediately "under the gun" of our beloved pod-mates, who are sucking at the tete of the manager, trying to get a rung-up on the ladder.

So, Suck it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What other businesses do you have, isn't it hard running all that plus work in pharma sales? I'd like to do the same

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? I can't imagine an easier $100,000+ job than ours. Convert all of the free time (before making calls, while sitting around waiting for that receptionist to wave you in to get a signature, and after you've seen your 5th doc of the day) into how you can best solve someone's problem. Is it…car detailing or a car wash? Dry cleaners? Healthy fast food near a upper class primary school (Mommy can stop by after working out)?

I can't imagine that there is another industry where someone making $108,000 plus free car and great bonus has more freedom than we do. USE IT!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most truthful input that I've seen in a while...It's all a joke and the corporate idiots know it...they are just trying to hold on to what they have for as long as they can...it's a card house...and it's gotten about as tall as it can get before the tumble.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a shell game because without large redundant sales forces, there wouldn't be the need for so many corporate lackeys at regional and district levels. Does anyone think that sales would suffer if we lost two field forces?