Gpo

Discussion in 'Tornier' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is everyone dealing with gpo pressures. I'm looking at getting the boot from two of my biggest accounts because we are not on a national deal and our stuff costs "too much"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your going down. Just kidding. Hope for a local contract agreement. Most likely your gonna drop your prices like a prom queen.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work with local purchasing agents, work on getting pricing more in-line with what is prevalent in your market. Also, contract corporate and start pushing them to work with the GPO. This is something we all have to do collectively to get movement. More than likely the local contracts will be a thing of the past as these systems move towards primary/secondary vendors.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this quote. Much better than my "prom queen" example. But, I hope that CAPITALISM will reign supreme and win out on this one. If a hospital wants excellent service and representation I advise them to keep it competitive. Ever seen what a hospital does to a "champion" surgeon after they recruited them and got their numbers back up? They can them or cut their pay and hire a bunch of really affordable replacements.
    For the patients, which we all are, I hope a primary and secondary vendor system never materializes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to healthcare in America in 2014