Greetings from Blaze

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Jul 20, 2018 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It wasn't a wholesale firing. Some were moved to DSAs, maybe 2. Most got the axe.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never seen a company put so little value in its people. Only people who suck up move ahead, regardless of whether or not they know the business. The company is very poorly managed. I am so much better off having left..

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when they were looking at cutting expenses, they were also looking at cutting the fleet car program

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was Gary Shaw brought back after they realized losing him would be a really big mistake?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know what you are whining about, Service levels are bad, customer experience is poor, turnover and the lifeline of an organization-the sales team-continue to leave in droves. Just go sell some stuff.

Check out the proxy and severance packages that the leadership of this entity has.- all public information. The comp committee is a bunch of yes folks that basically agree to everything that senior leaders want. George still has his hooks into the business for $13M in comp for 2018 and will make over 221x what the average employee will make at CAH. He has over $13m in severance benefits and has control of over 2,15 million shares of stock. On top of that we are paying for dental benefits of over 26k to him. That is his reward for generating all the value as the stock has gone from 85 to 45. That is why they eliminated stock options as an element of compensation as they dont have confidence and dont want to align with creating value. Take the PSU and run.

What is our lead external director chairman doing to earn hs $326k for a handful of meetings accounting for no more than 100-150 hours of work per year. The company better figure out which way is up.

BTW-nice to see the promotions from within for key leadership roles....IT, Medical, and Pharma top leaders all sourced from outside the organization. That demonstrates a lot of confidence in the team.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

George's golden parachute could be used to save a lot of jobs in the coming months, not to mention rebuild our systems and infrastructure. Shame Its being wasted on someone who was poor leader

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, very inappropriate compensation to George, the Duff and Don in the past. HBR article on what to do when senior leaders hate each other. Shame how Med lost so much talent below the top few who basically ran out of people to blame and force out.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal management is worthless from the top down. Dont get me wrong, there are some solid folks but for the most part, worthless. Blaze is a earring wearing Ivy league stoner, Don Casey was a freak, George was a baller, i liked that dude.

Managers know when the shit is hitting the fan and they are talented at ducking. I literally spend all my time at the gym, in front of my laptop managing the endless fucking emails, meeting with materials managers and occasionally joining one of the countless conference calls listening to someone drone on and on about some dumb shit.

If you kiss ass and pretend to be engaged at meetings you are cardinal material. The Cardinal gig is perfect for a stay at home mom, its really not a true sales position....more like contract implementation gig....BORING. It never gets old reading the posts....same old bullshit :)

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post pretty much nails it. Only thing left out is promotions aren't gained by how much you know or what you can get done, but how well you play into Cardinal politics. Someone from upper management actually told me that, and its one of the reasons our organization fails to follow through on everything. Hope you all like losing to Medline. Next 5 years are going to be a long hard slog through the mud for Cardinal. I'm, hopefully, out of here before the turn of the fiscal year