Grey hairs need not apply....

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by anonymous, Sep 28, 2018 at 4:34 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Picture this.

2 candidates for open territory. One in his mid 20’s with no experience. The other in his mid 40’s with 8yrs experience, excellent contacts, and some grey hair. Both get second interviews, the grey hair hits a home run in both.

Result? Grey hair sent packing.

I’m not bitching, so no hating please. Just posting for your reference.

Cheers.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what if your name is Steve

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! Saw the title of this post and had to respond. Do you honestly think Applied Medical believes in spending a little bit of extra $$$$ on someone who actually knows what they’re talking about to a surgeon? Of course not! $50-55k base salary with a total comp around $85k-100k b/c they need to pay John Donahue and Dennis Grosshands their fat $250k+ salaries. Those 2 are 2 of the most overrated bafoons and need to step aside for some real leaders.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree 100% but name me 1 Zonie that is an actual leader...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all know one zonie is a protected class, so even if the higher ups weren't flaming liberals that zonie couldn't be fired.

Also, I think you dodged a bullet by not getting the job. This is a sinking ship and everyone I know is either actively looking or in the process of interviewing for another job. The management thinks they can employ 20-somethings and pay them $50k with a couple pitiful bonuses and they can do the job a seasoned rep with relationships and selling skills.
    Now if you are at the end of your career and just looking for a job were you work 20 hours a week I can't blame you for wanting this. You could put up with the bs. I left in the summer and couldn't be happier to be off that sinking ship.
    For those still at Applied, what the hell are you waiting for? They are going to slash your commission next year and Voyant is not going to take off. Wake up to reality.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut up, you were probably fired. All you failed reps do is come on here and cry about why you couldn't succeed. The best reps aren't wasting their time on here, they are in the OR selling.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is why nobody respects Applied Medical. A trocar is a trocar dude. Laporascopic surgery was innovative in the mid to late 90’s when most of us were just born or in diapers. There is nothing sexy about our products. The gel and Alexis products are decent but that market is tapped the F out. Nothing has changed on those products in 10-12 years. You think we’re really going into accounts selling laporascopic scissors or retrieval bags? GTFO!!!! This stuff is sold at the GPO level and once the contract is won or renegotiated, there’s NOTHING for us to do. Voyant is absolute GARBAGE and failing miserably in 90% of the territories. Why do you think there are so many open territories right now? Every hospital knows who we are and either tolerate our products or hate our guts. Get a clue please.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Open territories are a result of Voyant "failing"? Please enlighten me on how you drew that conclusion? Never mind the fact that Voyant is not failing and it's actually growing. But forget about that detail, it doesn't fit the message board whiner narrative. No product sells itself, no matter how revolutionary it is. You need to get off your butt and get in the OR.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m going to enlighten you old man:
    1) All these territories are open for a good 1/2 dozen reasons, which have been highlightened in the previous 20 dozen threads. Having no good or revolutionary products to sell is just one of them
    2) OF COURSE Voyant is growing you dumb f*ck. When you had near zero sales 2 years ago & zero plus a few thousand sales last year, it’s kinda hard NOT to show growth you imbecile!!!! I find it more pathetic you’re one of the “leaders” of this organization.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So when were you fired?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not yet old man. I’m actually on my way to a friend’s house to pre-game and watch some playoff baseball tonight and it’s only 2:30. Since your DM’s and ZM’s are a laughing stock and this company is the biggest joke, I figured I would collect my paycheck while jerking around for a few hrs. Cheers you suckas!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i just accepted an offer from Applied and now my manager says the comp plan was at 30% and now Is at 16%.

Is this true?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bald, grey or bearded won’t get an interview here. Perhaps liquor sales or tobacco sales would be a better option for you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

80k base and 30% sounded too good to be true. And now my manager isn’t responding.

Is this typical? Should I reach out to Tim or Dennis about this?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very typical, unfortunately. Comp was 30% but will be slashed for Q4 which is when you will be actually starting. I'm honestly surprised that they are cutting it to 16% when I was expecting 10%. Applied hates to pay their reps. You'll probably make $85k next year. Congrats on the new job with Applied!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16% for Q1 forgive the typo.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its because Grosshans, Donahue, Timmy, Gary etc took a hit earlier in the year on their bonuses and the selfish pricks need to find a way to make that up so they’re taking it out Of the reps pockets

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh I thought it was cause applied Raised their prices and didn’t actually lose biz. And since loser managers and their kids are making way too money, they had to hire them and cut their check

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or could it be because you reps are lazy and do not deserve to make that much money. Those who actually created, designed, and developed the devices should be getting the bonuses. Without the engineers you wouldn't be too much.