Grifols and Talecris Merger

Discussion in 'Talecris Biotherapeutics' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this for real, again? What's going to make this different in the eyes of the FTC from the CSL deal?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because a senior Talecris exec is having an affair with a Grifols hottie does not constitute a merger. A merging of assets yes, but nothing more!. Very Doubtful.

Be careful though, an unconsenting union may be contrused as a hostile takeover or
    premature conjecture. Hope condoms were used, or at least leftover Talecris IPO party balloons, size small. Remember we're talking Talecris here, not BIG pharma!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Grifols' presence in the US constitutes a much smaller % of the plasma market than CSL, I do not expect the government to stop this merger.

That being said, I would characterize the merger as a marriage of the blind and the stupid.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grifols must have low-esteem to consider a marriage with Talecris. BTW, working on resume' skills for all you former Grifols lackeys and certain centers in Talecris would be a good idea.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going to happen to the centers that have a Grifols close ny?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say we should prepare for consolidation, regardless of what Larry and Bruce try to spin duplicate companies and competing with each other in the same town doesn't make any sense.

They have a plan and I would say that Larry, Bruce and TPR management should work on their resume's because the buyer always makes the calls not those of us being bought.

Time will tell and it could be quick!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a merger, it is an acquisition. There is a difference.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

acquisition, merger, consolidation, headcount reduction.

If you learned that you were considered expendable during the CSL process consider yourself on the way out , for sure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please be sure that we are being bought!!

This is not a merger and that when you are bought no matter how Larry, Bruce and others spin this Grifols will be calling the shots not Talecris.

Also be prepared that if we have duplicate layers in management - as with CSL last year - we are at risk.

Resume' polishing should start now because many of us may be out of a job - the only hope is that they will let Bruce, Tom, Dave, and all V.P's. go in the first round. Because as we all know they are pure trash and should have been let go a long time ago.

Also folks like Heron who worked for Grifols before should never be asked to stay - hopefully they have his number and cut him loose ASAP.

As with last year if we get a retention letter - then we may make the first cut - but if we don't get one the writing is on the wall.

Lori - I hope you have negotiated a good package for those of us let go because in this job market we are going to need it!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must say I am very dissapointed by this news. Griffols is the Walmart of the plasma industry. They pay their people poorly and they invest as little as humanly possible. Lets all hope this travesty does not go through. No matter what kind of nonsense they shovel about this being good for employees, Biomat has, time and time again, show themselves to be the lowest quality organization in the plasma business.

For those of you whom are interested, a class action suit is already underway. If you are a share holder you do have a voice. Make it heard if you, like I, see this as a horrible event for all Talecris employees. Here is the site.

http://www.zlk.com/talecris-biotherapeutics-tlcr.html?gclid=CPH-zd3fj6ICFRE8gwodE1mIaw

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two things wrong with this: Talecris is going to sell to SOMEONE. If not Grifols, someone else. They went public in the first place to generate cash since the CSL deal fell through. If not, they will part it out like a beat-up '72 Pinto. The Talecris leadership want a cash cow and leave.

Secondly, the stock off is above the current price and what the original selling price was. Who care what the analysts say.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me say this from extensive personal experience. Grifols has one of the best, most technically and scienticfially developed regulatory and QA platforms in the industry. Their overall adherence to corporate governance is rated the highest by experts at the FDA, EMA, Canada, and the German and Japanese authorities. They have been embraced by the Chinese SFDA because of their high quality which always exceeds any countries regulatroy standards and their fight against product fraud is unsurpassed including their most recent holographic identification markings effort.

Say what you will about their Walmart comparision, but you are blowing smoke up everyone's ass making you look like the pathetic twit that you are!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, Grifols does a very good job of obtaining plasma, fractionating it, and making very safe products. Unfortunately, that is all they do well.

Marketing? What's marketing?
    New products? Grifols offers you the best of the 1980's. Why do we need anything new?
    Management? Puhleeze!

JMHO

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in the plasma industry for a decade and in my area Biomat is the very bottom of the barrel. They are in located in bad areas and seem intent on attracting the lowest economic class for donors. The type of folks that will lie, cheat and steal to get there 25 bucks. In college, I donated a couple times at a Biomat. I stopped donating because the center I was at was the poster child for all the negative images that are attributed to the plasma industry. I ran a center that had a Biomat close by. In 2 years we never once recieved a cross check.
    I was also once interviewed for an CM job at one of their locations. They offered me the job but when the topic of compensation was broached it became apparent that this company is not an option for any serious plasma business professional. They offered me less than I made as a Training Coordinator at the company I worked for at the time. I know for a fact that CM's in our area, at Biomat, make less than AM's make at our center by several thousand dollars.
    Maybe your experience is different than mine but in my experience any decent professional uses Biomat only as a stepping stone to a real job in the plasma industry with CSL, Baxter or Talecris.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There enters another twit. Yeah, Im referring to you mister /misses previous poster. Be sure of one thing , every TPR near the Mexican border will be the first to go. Any dumbass twits out there think otherwise?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you loser sales reps banked your 2008 retention bonuses because now you're DONE!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grifols also has collection centers near the border. In fact, they recruit donors from Mexico.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grifols also has collection centers near the border. In fact, they recruit donors from Mexico. Grifols is a Spanish company -do you think they care where the plasma comes from? At least they'd speak the same language as many of their donors.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grifols has approached the FDA to determine if installing plasmapherisis operations on Iberia flights from Spain to the USA and cruise ships leaving ports in Barcelona, Madrid, and Valencia are feasible??????? Good lord they certainly know how to think outside the bun !!!!!!

Viva Coma mi carne!