GSK 2019 is a mess

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma field and those associated with it is a complete mess.....

- Ride alongs have become performance theater that are less business focused each year.

- Ratings are a scripted show with calibrations being the writers room script of what’s to come.

-Generic Advair is gonna wreck ish.

- COCO, Patient First, Sales Excellence etc is just another flavor of the month that has no intrinsic value, I’m sure the next ones coming.

- Inventiv- Who knows if they are staying or going?

- Leadership keeps coming up with busy work projects to justify their days. What does one at that level even do? They don’t talk to doctors so they are bored.

- layoffs, too many to count since 2007.

- Reps cannot SPEAk UP, any legitimate idea is refuted if it doesn’t align. They often retaliate if you do anything contrary.

- I often waste thousands of dolllars on lunches to hit my pointless metrics. Some offices are a complete waste, but we are encouraged to waste on them.

How to fix: Be honest about every aspect of the business. Be real in what the current state is and how the job has to be done. Have HONEST AND TRUTHFUL conversations about all work subjects. Stop the lies around ratings, layoffs, and other employment issues. Finally, stop all of the fakery and theater from management. GSK can be a phenomenal place, we should work to make it this way...........Until then 2019 is a mess

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming, or perhaps you should look around for another job. Either way, you'd be happier leaving I'm sure. GSK, a turd circling the drain! They messed with the wrong reps out there in Colorado a few years back, and the result was GSK's sales army being gutted and ruined. It's a great thing, and has been fun to watch!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd like to add that the people that run RBIT(PCBI) can't get their sh*t together. Every time there is a change in customer targets(A-C), market baskets, etc... they SCREW IT UP and the NBRx market shares are wrong and then they take days to correct it. It seems like they mess something up every other week.

If reps made the amount of mistakes that these people make on a continuing basis they would have been fired a long time ago. Our technology is the WORST in the industry!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spot on, except with the illusion that change can come. face it, we fake everything every day. our managers tell us to spend, even where futile simply because they don't want to speak up. fake most everything about the call. garbage in, garage out.

the only change will come from the top when someone has the honesty to address what the market is really like today

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, PCSBI, rBit, or whoever is behind it all should be embarrassed!

My biggest complaint is that these numbers are so obviously flawed even when they do come out on time, let alone match from screen to screen. Having them entered into C2W and being judged against other sales reps is laughable.

I've been thinking about leaving and going somewhere I'll be rewarded for my efforts for a while now. It's getting harder and harder to listen to someone tell me I need to do better when a 100 billion dollar international company can't even figure out how many widgets they send to a zip code...

Oh and my personal favorite; Anoro hit the blockbuster landmark in 2018 and somehow we didn't hit goal!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could go on.....

- Yes our tech can be awful, but what’s worse is our ways we are allowed to use our tech. I literally have all I need on my iPad for data for the most part and some on the awful computer pull up 1990s site we have........ Yet when I do a ride along I have to print out many forms so I can give the false appearance of “planning”. I have to print out my previous call notes, my prescriber data, and some ridiculous work sheet or else they think World will end....SMH lol

- The data can be way off, I wouldn’t be surprised if we actually had billions more in revenue unaccounted for. Are we sure this isn’t the case??

- Everything is fake here and we get paid a lot too. With that set up, who’s gonna risk speaking up? Too much to lose. I have zero clue where this could stop, but those above us sure keep it going.

- Throwback: Remember when Advair got kicked off of Express Scripts plan in 2014? Billions lost due to inept behavior.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The work contacts have become unbearable, unreasonable, and offer very little value. Everyone should know that you will be calibrated. 20% of us will be rated as a "3". Twenty percent! The issue I want addressed is how many TSMs and RSDs are calibrated as 3s? If we begin to see reps managed out, we should also be seeing leadership being managed out. Shouldn't we? Legal action is appropriate. Time to expose GSK..again! They just don't seem to ever want to do the right thing. They are incapable. Only litigation will make them change.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In theory there should be similar at all levels. This 1970s thinking is beyond outdated.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in and would love to bring a class action lawsuit!! Why didn’t we during test taking days when there was ZERO transparency on scores!! Those scores determined our futures and affected our loved ones. GSK leads by fear and it works. They know it works that is why they do it. RSDs are evaluated in numbers people- not calibration forced curves.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Class action would look terrible for GSK, which is why they offer generous packages during termination of any kind. Lots of shady behaviors, not adhering to CIA, lots(enough of them at least) of happy HCP from our service vs what our bad ride longs reports state....Court would be very ugly.

I’ll give an ex: If you had two HCP from your territory testify on your behalf that 1. They liked your service 2. You helped them in any way. 3. You adhered to their preferred ways of working. Not to mention co-worker witnesses.......Any counter argument now has a lot to deal with, what would be the defense to this? The right lawyers would eat them up...Trust GSK has legal worries from us more than you think. Wrongful termination, retaliation, workplace harassment, are everywhere here. Class actions works here, individual lawsuits aren’t enough. Speak with your friends because there is legal standing.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only 20%? I think you mean 30% 4’s, 60% 3’s, 9% 2’s and 1% 1’s.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The place is a mess. When anyone rides along with me the cluelessness shows.

- The Sales Excellence Coach was nothing more than a fake ride along co-signer. I’m almost 99% sure my FLL wrote the coaching report for them.

- RVP ride alongs should be on undercover boss, mine was never in sales and was embarrassingly clueless.

- I had marketing ride with me, much smarter of a person vs the goombas that ride with me and I did respect this particular person a lot more. Still needed more reality though.

- I had another region FLL ride with me and we got two calls in the whole day. They literally stalled my day beyond belief and offered zero learning to me. They had the novel idea of printing my notes out, I responded I have everything in my iPad, then they rambled more endlessly about nothing.

- The overkill of ridealongs has alarmed most offices. Hard to keep that charade up.....

Yep, everything is awful...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish I could host a mini podcast series to detail GSK for you! So many examples of the mess around here. I wouldn’t be so harsh if the people around here didn’t take their BS so seriously.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "work contact" has absolutely become unbearable! To both the sales rep and to the offices they call on. The problem is that sales leadership has almost nothing to do! Literally nothing to do! When you have Sector VPs riding with reps on a fairly regular basis, you've got a problem. A big problem! I know a colleague who worked with her RSD one month. Then had her TSM and a STEM the following month. If that wasn't bad enough, due to a Trelegy STEM focus, the TSM worked with her two more times the following month. Are you kidding me!!!! I guess now team Anoro will be suffering the same fate. I'm sorry, but these so called coaching interactions need to end. Or at least call them for what they are, job justification for our leadership team. You so called leaders should be ashamed of yourselves! A complete joke!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you see the generic Advair will be offered at a 70% discount? Turn out the lights, the party is over.

16. Jan Ver Eecke

Jan Ver Eecke new user

Where is the details on the discount?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would this be news. This what genetics do.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

* generics

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you act surprised? They had to do that with our own AB generic available. Turn out the lights? No $hit! Tell us something we don't know! Those of us left are doing one of two things, currently interviewing or waiting for a severance before we begin interviewing.