GSK August 1st rundown

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 1, 2019 at 1:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s August 1st, lot of madness.

- Wall Street has good news, enough to keep the Kool Aid Bowl full for some.

- Drama in all divisions, other divisions seem to think they are better than others for whatever reason. High unlikely since every does the same job.

- The cash cow respiratory had a messy July meeting and is in flux, keep in mind who has paid the bills. Generic advair only getting stronger.

- Strategic “Coo-Coo” is the new flavor of the month.

- HIV issues continue.

- Vaccines aka easy sell is doing what it should.

- Syneos looms for better or worse.

- Company consumer split still looms, this division is very strong.

- Silent layoffs can start in a new way due to the sales incentives changing. You like how they rushed a lot of people out before this change?

Spin it how you want, can’t trust this place until lot of leaders get replaced.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds about right. Just remember, 90% of all Pharma and Biotech have the same issues. It's the playground we play on. So while your assessment is correct, it ain't new information. So thank you ole wise one. Whatta dusche!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If generic Advair is such a threat then why are Respiratory brands still growing?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ever heard of contract rebates? Yes, sales are up..slightly. Profits are down. That's what's important. Profits~

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you step back and look at the macros for GSK it is amazing how USLT has not been fired.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a volume game

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales have taken a hit and generic advair is only getting stronger. This isn’t everyone jump at once business, as GA proves itself and grows in reputation you’ll see more dollars taken away.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Market shares are growing for Anoro and Trelegy. Do you mean Breo?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? You are making a play for respiratory primary care? Please take what I offer as honest and sincere. First, I am on Team Anoro. Been in respiratory for several years. The fact of the matter is, our division is on its last legs. We generate sales but are not profitable...minimally profitable. The perfect example is what happened to to team Breo. The product has both an Asthma and COPD indication with a long patent life. Poof! Welcome Syneos! Poof! 1/3 of the sales force and half of the FLLs cut! Breo was and is selling BILLIONS. Maybe you are like Dori in Finding Nemo and you forget things two minutes after they occur. Have you looked at how Vaccines, Immunology and HIV are treated...and paid? Don't believe me? Just ask any of your specialty colleagues. So if you want to continue convincing yourselves that respiratory will be around and is on solid ground, keep on keeping on! From what I have heard and by no means is this 100%, Our division will be divested in some form or fashion. Not sure on the timing but that's what close friends of mine say is in the works. I happen to be 56 years old. I'm hanging on and waiting for a package. If you are younger, you should really be seeking out other areas of employment. Otherwise just wait and ...Poof!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trelegy is growing the triple market. Docs love it. Next in class newcomers will never catch us

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tough to decipher what's true and what is not. When I step back and try and take an honest look at the respiratory business, this is how it shapes up..at least for me.

• We have not begun to see the impact of generic Advair..yet.
    • Generic Symbicort right around the corner.
    • Breo is a competitor.
    • Breo, which was also selling billions was given to a contract company.
    • Anoro & Trelegy are holding their own and growing..but...
    • The profit margins appear to be razor thin. How do I know this? Again, Breo which was and is a billion dollar product was given to Syneos. This would indicate that the profitability of our entire Elipta line is weak. Between rebates, licensing with Inovia, and overhead ie reps, it's a tough space to play in.
    Respiratory is a brutal division to work in. The weekly whipping we take is beyond tired and old. We are not considered specialty. The company has made that more than clear both in the words they have written, spoken and by the way we are paid...or not paid vs our specialty colleagues. Who knows where this division is headed but from what I can tell the future is not bright. I am trying like hell to get out of here but internal opportunities are far and few. It's time to dust off the resume..again..and look for external opportunities. That's the way I see it.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see it different. Respiratory is a cash cow for GSK. Billions in sales. Wait. Hold on just three seconds. Slurrrrrp. Ahhhh! So good! Just having my regular drink. It's called GSK Cool-aid. Ahhh! All is great here in respiratory. That's what Court Hornsmoker said. I believe him! Hold on while I take another swig of this orange cool-aide. Yep, everything is beautiful!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did HornWanker say?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Syneos Anoro Rep here. Just resigned. The amount of GSK bullshit was just too much, and one rep could sell the whole Ellipta portfolio in my area, we didn't need four. Besides, the new "strategy" for Trelegy puts us head to head with Anoro. Good luck, GSK reps - you'll need it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The GSK way gets to many that aren’t used to being in a abusive relationship.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So it seems GSK is going back to its ways of paying off docs, false data to sell etc. seems like they are ripe for the picking for another qui tam. Act fast, get help, you could be the next qui tam multi millionaire.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blair? Is that you?