GSK Breo contract

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually is does not pay, at least financially to have non client driven over engineered metrics. In this scenario you dilute efforts and energies away from the clients contracted payout/goals, nor does it pay to manipulate them to drive personnel turnover under any circumstance, which is your biggest drain/cost, not sure if that is really the case here. Trust me, GSK is not paying Syneos on utilization of ipad resources, maybe encouraged, possibly a cursory look at teams but most likely well down the list of goals and never a contracted payout. The CSO model is based on or needs to be faster, equal to clients performance and cheaper than the clients direct cost, optimized pay for max performance is what clients want from CSO's, its not rocket science and a fair exchange. However, the CSO market is greatly changing, its moving from a volume base contracting model, 400/500 person teams like the good ole days to a more strategic value based model, 50-100 standalone/ embedded type deal, the churn and burn personnel CSO model is not sustainable, because the volume is not there to offset the turnover cost/inefficiencies and the experience needed is also a much higher bar now i.e. account/territory managers positions. Just ask Quntiles/Publicis both very strong historic track records and now have their CSO businesses are up for sale, why, they could not or would not make it work financially. Syneos is far and away best positioned to make it, but this thread reflects some of the obstacles to that, building the CSO model of the future is the easy part changing the current thinking in the CSO model is the hard part.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any predictions on how long we have as a result of today’s news???

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Answer me and I’ll blo u Ok???

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chill out people, why do you fill it is necessary to panic just because Teva got the generic Advair?
    We are safe for at least a year so calm down.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Feel not fill....my bad

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It probably depends on how quickly it comes to market, and how many payers replace Breo with the generic

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now I know why I’m still in a rental car.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you hot (and female)?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re on this contract and not aggressively looking for a new job, you’ll regret it in about six months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mylan not Teva, but the truth is yes we are safe until 2020. Do you need to look for a job, depends on your financial status. You should always have irons in the fire should things go south. Is this contract going south anytime soon....no.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Safe for 11 months? Hmm, me thinks it’s time to fire up that resume. Just sayin

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be smart, nothing is assured for either side of this partnership. Do what’s best for you, no idea how this will shake out.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At issue is managed market contracting for 2020. That will determine fate of Breo.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are naive to think that insurance companies are going to wait until 2020 to jump all over a generic in the market. Have fun going down with this ship captain.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the best answer I have seen. As soon as payers mandate patients try a generic first, we are all out of a job. This includes symbicort reps. Whoever keeps posting we are safe til 2020 I'm curious where you get this info from. Have you actually seen the contracts GSK has in place with the payers? It all depends on how they were written. Keep in mind though when GSK saw this coming they removed all of their people from it so they wouldn't have to lay them off.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought this was going to be a good gig but with generic advair, micromanagement and GSK reps selling against Breo, it’s looking like chit now.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just another contract "gig" ... this is not the place to be if you have still have a mortgage, kids, any major utility bills... great if you just graduated and need a resume builder job or really retired and just wanted to get out of the house.. I rode the contract 'gig' way, way too long...somehow managed to land on a new one till one day that next contract didn't happen.. great , easy job but spend your time now looking for a career and not the next gig.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you not research anything about GSK? This is commonplace for GSK!!! GSK has been selling against their own for years. Generic Advair was coming, once you see what payers will do is the big question.

I can’t give a prediction, my guess is Generic Advair will be a easy T1 and Breo will be T3 at best maybe, but most likely a Prior Auth. The only thing I can think of that would save Breo is that if the once daily indication causes some kind of loophole where it doesn’t get knocked off?

Be smart and do what’s best for you with this situation.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abandon ship!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well dam! I have an interview tomorrow to sell Breo. I'm currently in Derm but the company I'm with is going downhill and it probably won't last much longer.

but I'm curious, what is the pay like? is the base at least 75k? plus bonus?