GSK Breo contract

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the heck is going on with the bonus?!?! I heard the embedded reps received their bonus a few weeks ago. Why is our check delayed? The lack of communication from corporate regarding this is astounding.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lets do some math on what it would take for Syneis to take over full ownership of Ellipta. 1,000 reps x $100,000 (estimate) = $100 million dollars. Doesn’t account for management. Sooooo....yeah I think it’s wishful thinking that they’d just give it all to us. Maybe in parts or stages.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The math for GSK reps would be much higher because they make more than contract. So it would actually be a cost savings to give it all to Syneos.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eerily quiet lately, no?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s been a decent ride with this Breo contract, but with all the new micromanagement...the time has come to move on. Just tried of all the reports and now this weekly target tracker. Seriously!?! Enough is enough.

Just because upper management does absolutely NOTHING, but comes up with this BS to justify their existence, does not mean us reps aren’t busting our humps in the field everyday.

This contract is circling the bowl as it is. I guess I’m just thankful they gave me the push I needed to wise up and get out of here.

Good luck guys

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. And they have us in a no win situation between generic Advair and leaving COPD for the other GSK products while comparing Breo to symbicort who is selling for both asthma and copd, not to mention for peeds too. They should be thanking us for maintaining what we have maintained and not putting unrealistic expectations on us.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually have a great DM who has been nothing but supportive and encouraging to our team. He apologized when he told us upper management wants us to fill out this new weekly tracker. On top of the new monthly tracker. This just illustrates how clueless upper management really is. Completely idiotic!

Between the lack of resources, the whole sample shipment debacle, constant workbook changes and now this utter nonsense, the writing is on the wall. I just spent the weekend updating my resume and applying to new job openings.

These clowns can’t tell us if we’ll even have a job in the next 60 days. Now they want us to fill out weekly and monthly trackers with information that they already have? GTFOutta here!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do wish they would tell us soon if the Breo contract is going to continue in 2020 or not. I am sure they have the answer. I think it's what we are all wanting to know right now to stay motivated, or else just give us the bad news so we can start looking for a new job and get a head start before Christmas. Only seems fair.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel the frustration with above posters. I am holding on until the end because I'll regret leaving if they decide to keep the contract going. But it's going to suck if they pull the plug right before the holidays!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel for everyone here that's stressing, all the best to everyone here.

Just want to go let a few things regarding GSK:
    - The trackers are a GSK Classic. As pointed out, this data is 100% already available. I have no idea why someone would ask you to rewrite existing data? However this is what has been widely used over on the GSK side. It’s busy work.

- With that said, play the game if you’re staying. Put a lot of effort into all of your trackers. Make them nice and have them ready, fake excitement. No way around this if you plan on staying.

- Busy work usually means 1. Someone justifying work. 2. That sales are in a crunch and this is the best idea “leadership” has....Look we know this is a joke, but keep yourself in a positive light and role play this stupid game.

- I don’t think either side is fully comfortable as to what will happen, just do what’s best for you and never stop looking for new roles.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes Unfortunately

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait, this contract could end as soon as December 31? I hope you’re kidding. My manager seems to think we will get Trelegy pretty soon. If he full of it? Are contract managers known for b.s.ing the reps that they will have a job right up until the point that they don’t?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know why your manager told you that. No announcement has been made either way about if the contract is staying or ending. We were all told pretty much all year that Breo probably wouldn't be sold in 2020. So I would assume most reps have been preparing for a strong possibility that the contract will end.
    All my manager has said is that he feels hopeful that the contract will last, but isn't sure. Syneos needs to make an announcement sometime before Christmas to let us know.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers aren't known for BS'ing their reps. I don't think any managers know about the future of this contract. Maybe they just didn't want you to worry? Every contract can get terminated at any time. But just know, it's especially sensitive at the end of each year where they either have to renew the contract or end it. An official announcement needs to be made each year, so your manager wouldn't know until that announcement is made. Usually if the contract is really solid, they'll just say in the middle of the year that it's continuing. Breo isn't solid. It's most likely not going to be in anyone's bag next year. So, they need to tell us what we would sell if we are to sell anything? Changes need to be made regardless if the contract sticks.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If we were really going to be promoting Breo next year, don’t you think we would have heard some reference, or actually ANYTHING about working past Q4?

Q4 is the end game of the Breo contract. Don’t let them string you along.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There has been a strong rumor that we are getting Anoro or Trelegy, even amongst managers.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would GSK give you all Trelegy? We have enough people selling it now? We don’t need you! Anoro maybe but Trelegy, no chance!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you serious? I’ll tell you why. To save money. A lot of money. GSK people have already stated that Respiratory will change in 2020, Think about the savings of cutting 2 or 3 GSK reps per territory in favor of 1 or 2 Syneos reps. Probably the only way to make the Ellipta franchise feasible long term considering its’ relatively low margin. I would be saving heavily if I were you.