GSK & Haleon Stock Crashing

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 10, 2022 at 1:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On a day when all markets are flying high, GSK (-5%) and Haleon (-10%) are crashing. What a disaster this “demerger” has been for both companies. Oh and guess who saw this coming? The Lame Dame sold shares worth over $3 million at the end of July.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She probably saw this coming:

After disruptions at GSK plc (NYSE: GSK), supplies of rotavirus infection vaccine in children have either run out in Kenya, Tanzania, Senegal, and Cameroon or are close, Reuters reported citing officials close to the roll-out.

GSK confirmed a shortfall of around 4 million doses of its Rotarix vaccine in 2022, dropping 42 million from an expected 46 million.

4 millions kids breathing a sigh of relief.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock shouldn’t drop on that news. I wouldn’t think vaccines to those low income countries wouldn’t have a big effect on the bottom line. Nonetheless, the stock drop stinks. Foolishly, I believed the kohl aid that this deal would create value. Emma sucks. She should resign. Where are the activist shareholders now to push her out?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The other story from yesterday was Vir not going for an FDA approval for Sotrovimab, the COVID therapy that was sold internally as able to cover any variant of COVID - that appears to have gone well...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All you investment wizzes out there, GSK stock is lower today than it was 20 years ago! 20 years, no value increase! Just an awful company run by idiots!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another -4% so far this morning in the UK...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After all these years HOW can you still believe the cool-aid??
    There are no activist investors anymore, they bailed. All that’s left are stodgy dividend-holders.
    I keep 100 shares just for giggles, although that dropped to 80 when I received the dividend-free 100 shares of Haleon - which I fortunately promptly sold.
    The joke continues

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zantac liabilities apparently - this however doesn't hide the fact GSK has no viable pipeline and isn't an attractive co-development/promotion partner

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cool-Aid?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Lame Dame should resign. Granted, the ship was sinking before she became CEO, it's apparent she's not the person that should be at the helm.

11. Phase 3 Miss

Phase 3 Miss Guest

GSK is a one product pipeline company. Time for the next CEO to sell Vaccines and fund useless R&D that will only fail again

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ah but takin' Zantac can give you a heart attack
    Ack-ack-ack-ack-ack

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one wants our vaccines. A new shingles vaccines is due in a couple years and the rest of the portfolio nothing special. The pipeline is a pipe dream.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha, good luck with that new shingles vaccine!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A vaccine to prevent shingles caused by your c0vid vaccine. Nice.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

34.00 today. What a mess. Can anyone explain how this stock is going backwards from where we were 20 years ago?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The current stock price is a victory for powerful women everywhere! Failure to see that will result in your being labeled a misogynist.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forget gender, ethnicity or religion. Just look at the evidence. The stock has been relatively flat since Emma took the reins. We have had two downsizings during her tenure. She balked at a $50 billion dollar offer from Unilever. Has lost billions in additional shareholder value and placed the organization at a serious risk of being taken over. She has been given every opportunity to succeed and has failed every step of the way. For this she reaps a handsome salary of over $8 million per year. So when GSK is taken over and sold off in pieces, you and I will get 2 weeks salary for every year of service and kicked to the curb. Emma will leave with more money than most could spend in a lifetime. All for doing a crappy job. If GSK's board of directors has an ounce of integrity left, they will throw her out asap! Not discriminating, just pointing out her horrendous track record. You and I face more scrutiny and punishment if we have one down quarter. At least place her on a PIP. Something. Anything.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100%. Absolutely absurd that she’s making so much money while destroying shareholder value. She’s got to go and the board should be replaced, too.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know what's coming next don't you? First comes the whip then the axe. Mark my words. Our goals will increase and the pressure will increase to an unimaginable level of intensity. Then when we cannot achieve the goal given they will begin to cut costs. Layoffs will be massive. Both reps and managers. Emma will eventually be asked to leave but she will leave with a severance that will keep her in a lifestyle of high society for the rest of her and her children's lives. By the beginning of 2024 GSK will no longer exist.