GSK purchase = Screwed

Discussion in 'Human Genome Sciences' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it from someone who has worked for GSK for many years. Now that they are purchasing you - all of you are screwed big time!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a big way. GSK is lower than Pharma.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F GSK...F their system...F how they are handling us...They will be the only ones to blame now when Benlysta drops off a cliff in sales. Ricky and his Worthless big pharma reps are way in over their head and will only have themselves to point fingers at now. Time is up, you are about to run out of excuses.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What now? I want a job or the hint of one at least. GSK. Really? Is that the best we could do?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. You can't do better and guess what? We know you are a troll because we are all safe and happy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As my German friends would say Phylis Thorne Gillon is a incompetant. She was run out of J&J for not passing smell test.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PTG is a nice person. She just always leave things a disaster and a wake of bodies behind her.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PTG is all hat, no cattle. NEVER works. When the crap is flying and she has to deliver, you'll never be able to find her.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone applying for the Gsk positions? They are expanding their immunology division with over 50 positions posted. I heard alot of current Gsk employees from other divisions are going for these? What's the scoop?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: GSK purchase = Better Off

Chosen few got posted positions in their hometown...coincidentally....other posts were outside 35 miles of HGS reps home addresses. Meanwhile GSK insists that any HGS AM who posted and was offered a comparable position HAD to accept and would not be eligible for 60 days no work severance. Is this surprising? HGS has no power now. Thanks for taking care of us financially!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, what happened to Kevin McC? Where did he end up?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious to see how these offers look from Gsk? I'm expecting some pathetic salaries compared to our lucrative comp package. I can't wait to jump ship as soon something better comes along, in meantime I guess we just gotta play the Gsk game.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's over but it was great while it lasted. Great culture, great people and great product. All of the ingredients for a great company except the partner. When you have leaders like FL at the helm, you can expect nothing but the best.

Nothing personal to GSK, however, with their past issues, everyone there is now paying the price. I am probably letting them off too easy. They try to make it seem like it was "someone else" who was responsible for the CIA, however, it wasn't too long ago. They did wrong and now they are paying for it. It has truly changed their own culture. In our interview process, they asked us "will you be able to fit into our culture". It was as though they admitted their culture was horrible. It is. Just ask some of the GSK people.

It was truly insulting as a group of primary care and vaccine folks interviewed many of us who have 10 to 15 years in Rheumatology and buy and bill. Oh well, they were the buyer, so they can do what they want. I hated begging for my job, but it is what I had to do until I find another. I didn't ask for GSK to buy us, so I owe them nothing. I would never chose to go to GSK on my own.

I'll miss all of the wonderful people at HGS. Maybe we will get together someday again. Unfortunately, these opportunities come along only once in awhile. We gave it a shot and it was fun for nearly 2 years!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WELL SAID and 100% the truth. GSK should have been begging all of us to work there but they were more concerned about their "culture" (air quotes are necessary to describe it) and their bs "patient first" compensation plan. All the luck to everyone from HGS in the future, You are all the best people ever assembled in one organization !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Begging? You think way too highly of yourself. You should be the one doing the begging.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey GSK guy who is looking at this thread. How are sales doing now through the disruption? Yea, you're down considerably. Why should sales have suffered with HGS folks gone or looking for jobs? Don't you have a sales force out there selling? You're not going to sell this product by canceling lunches because you are afraid of feeding the wrong person or by not doing Speaker programming. You all cancel lunches or speaker programs under the guise of compliance but it is simply a way to get out of working hard. You need airtime in front of the Rheumatologist and you need to know how to talk to them. Your team is not doing either.

Oh yea, you all don't get paid on sales, so who cares? Keep passing your tests and putting on a good show when your DM comes to town.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a GSK person - I am, and I can vouch for how INSANE everything is at this God-forsaken company...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate your honesty. Maybe the CIA willl last a few years and GSK can get back to being a bit more normal. It is what it is so I hate to hear some of your leadership try to say the way you are doing things is the wave of the future. Its not. It's part of a punishment or agreement from the CIA. Good luck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another lie. Sales are fine. You are just mad as you are getting thrown out on your butt. Better get in line at McDonalds before all the jobs are gone.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry. Sales are not fine. Your leadership is in a bit of a panic and they don't know what is causing this drop off. I've been on the conference calls, numb skull. You may very likely not show any growth in Q-3 over Q-2. At this stage of a launch, that is a bad sign. You just lowered projections for this year, so get your head out of the sand. You are about to ruin what should be a great therapy for Lupus sufferers.