GSK tech is wasting money and necessitating layoffs elsewhere

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a look at this: Twitter

Leadership under KAT is a joke. She just fired her SVP that leads tech after only a year, but damage done. He hired a designer (no engineering background) to lead platform engineering, and some nobody (that has no background period, except being friends with the designer) to lead data. All they have done is hire incompetents who they are friends with from previous companies, giving them huge title and pay bumps. They hired someone to create fancy promotional videos of platforms that either don't exist or do nothing after huge teams have spent a ton of time working on them. They have also carved out special areas for themselves in NY and RTP, with reserved conference rooms, desks, $1500 monitors(!) and $10,000 plot printers. All while the rest of the business suffers heavy layoffs. Must be nice working under KAT.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I was recently turned down after interviewing at GSK, I would seriously consider suing the company, because there doesn't seem to be an standard of hiring or process if the above is true, which is required BY LAW.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit, threaten to whistleblow if you think you're getting laid off. Then they can't touch you or it will be retaliation

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More things like this need to be exposed! GSK wastes a ton of money. Out here in field sales we have SVPs make 300K+ working with reps in territory. We have RSDs making 250K+ doing the same. We have TSMs making 200K+ doing the same. Christ, we have STEM contracted filed rides..doing the same. Ever heard of the work redundant?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the general public wonders why life savings drugs are so expensive, ha

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The layers of field management are still much too large. TSMs have 8 reps. When they should easily be managing 12. For every two managers you cut, you could save the company a half million per year. Then you've got SVPs who concoct things like coco, which requires a contract with a company that has additional managers work with reps in the field. We waste a ton of money! From a sales representatives perspective, I exist for three reasons. 1. To serve as the most effective marketing / sales weapon the industry has. (No other resource can move business better than a sales rep..managed care contracts are a close second. 2. To give management a job. Without the rep, what on earth would a field manager do? 3. To serve as a scape goat for every poor mistake our leadership team makes. Have you ever seen or heard of a leader in our organization ever take responsibility for anything negative? Heres an example. Ole Jack B. was the head of our national managed markets team a number of years ago. He decided not to play ball with Health Net. Thought he could strong arm them. Instead, Health Net developed a relationship with AZ and Symbicort. This cost the company hundreds of millions in sales overnight! Literally hundreds of millions of dollars!! Dude now runs the entire U.S. business affiliate. You or I have a couple of bad months and we are on a PIP. This company needs to continue to clean house at a management level. From TSMs all the way to SVPs!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TSMs could easily manage 15. Field days are a dog and pony show and the rest of the time we do what we want. They provide ZERO to the bottom line.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m thinking more like 20 reps per TSM with fewer RVPs and then less upper management after that. We have too many layers of management with high salaries and not much to do. A manager could ride with 3 reps per week so you have a work contact about every 2 months which is still a lot.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you ever heard of a tax write off? All of our jobs are completely meaningless!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just watched a video of Karenann talking about tech. Not impressed! She basically just throws out a bunch of buzz words. There's a reason Walmart was passed by on the tech side, and she is no longer there.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She was in charge of brick and mortar IT, which obviously is all legacy tech, and was made redundant when Walmart really had to push into e-commerce. Terrible strategy, to take someone from a legacy role like that, and put them in charge of digital transformation and data and analytics. Of course she's going to have no clue and bring all of her Walmart flunkies with her.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If anyone saw her Let's Talk at the end of last year for all of Tech that she broadcast worldwide, it ended disastrously. They used some app to allow people to ask questions anonymously, and all of the questions were hostile in tone. I think KAT thought she would get the normal brown nosing instead, because she was pissed and cut the questions off, and never addressed any of them like she said she would. So out of touch.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yay! Yay! Time to swagger again!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

he got promoted to VP only a few months in by the SVP

Would that be the SVP spending more time with the family?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KAT has to tell that story as the reason he's no longer here, otherwise she looks like a fool hiring an SVP she has to dismiss a year in, with negative to show for it, right?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK tech in the field often means we have to rewrite or print anything that actually is convenient for us. Heaven forbid that GSK tech makes our jobs easier. I laugh at this all the time

I’m not surprised of any issues going on in parts of this company, the fake culture has created many monsters. As the OP mentioned, it’s hard to even call BS out because the lies are so strong here that trying to call them out will often single you out. That tweet is very alarming, it backs up what a lot of us say here on this board.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just so everyone understands this, you have a guy talking nonsense about empathy and design thinking and enabling builders, and the product he puts out, which is just a terrible web page, can't even be used by the internal GSK population because it doesn't support the standard browser the majority has to use. Truly an idiot clown.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel better having found this thread. Sometimes I look around and wonder, am I a crazy person, because everyone around me seems vastly under qualified to be in the roles they are in, yet here we are. What I've realized is people are too afraid to say anything because the leaders are such insecure imposters that anyone that pushes back is dealt with harshly, and anyone smart just keeps quiet.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's gaslighting. They spew ridiculous platitudes and point to non-existent accomplishments but if you question the emperor's new clothes, well the problem is that you CLEARLY aren't as smart as they are! Just let them do all your thinking for you!

These clods don't seem to stay at any given job for more than a couple of years. Their "work" at GSK is just a stepping stone to a greener pastures they can go shit in.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dean is a nobody non factor, but how is he escaping scrutiny here?

The guy's big contribution is some made up thing called Code Orange. The name is so dumb, and is probably the wrong thing to call something in healthcare/pharma, not that the guy would know.

What's even sadder is that KAT appears in his video to endorse all the hand wavey crap. They're going to transform how data is used at GSK. Ha. So funny. Clods. This is what happens when the person at the top has no clue. It just trickles down all the way to the roots .