GSK tech is wasting money and necessitating layoffs elsewhere

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they rebranded shortly after you quit

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Robust core! Revolution has already begun!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are the layoffs specific to TechOPS or Platform or GSK in general?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company has not been able to generate profit WallStreet wants to see. The only way we can come close to hitting our margins is to either raise the price of our meds or to cut costs. In light of what our current president and congress have said, raising prices is not an option. Cost cutting across the board is what I'm hearing. Leadership included. Emma inherited a bag of $hit from Sir Andrew. She's had to make some difficult decisions. However, layoffs cannot continue to be the answer. But for now, that's the only answer she has to offer.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why was so many posts deleted? This thread had over 80 comments.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Violations of the sites terms of use. Deleted most likely due to specific names being called out but initials from what I can tell are acceptable to the terms.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great; just when I installed Firefox so I could see what it was all about!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only one piece left... KAT

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be curious on how earnings go on 24/7/2019. Suspect if earnings are good, then Kat will remain intact but if things are bad then cost cutting efforts could occur. From there the microscope comes out and she could be a removed.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No chance. Emma loves Kat.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would appear that J's replacement is cracking down on the prior excessive spending. What could really save some money is to get rid of (or at least downgrade) all these directors and senior directors with little-to-no applicable experience hired recently.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are missing one person in that list as well. J's favorite person Carl. He seems to be missing from all these discussions and he is no better then the rest of the bunch of merry makers.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would say he is more like a cheerleader.

15. Awesomeone2003

Awesomeone2003 new user

He’s actually a good person who works hard. I think GSK Tech is the most dysfunctional organization I have encountered and it should be stopped but really there’s no reason to hate on good people.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope you are counting this as one of your 3000 conversations

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was with GSK for 20+ years. After the shut down of RTP I took the severance package and ran as fast as I could. Ended up buying property and renovating old houses. I'm making more than what I was making at Glaxo and I am my own boss now. I knew the writing was on the wall for quite some time. It just took me a minute to get the guts to move on and make my own mark in the world. Not going to trash the company simply because I got what I needed from them in the long run (enough money saved up to start my real estate business) and they got years of service from me with minimal wage increases. I don't see them ever working for the greater good of the pharmaceutical industry but while you're there working for them I'd advise you to save as much money as possible and figure out a way to invest in yourself and move on. That company is never going to be the dream job you hope for but it can be the spring board to help you achieve your dream Independence if you take advantage of the opportunity.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#TechTogether is laughable. I bet this makes zero difference come survey time, because it's just leaders telling us what we need to feel and do, while they deflect any criticism around their complete incompetence.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's outline what KAT's Walmart LT has accomplished:
    J, left the company after a year, accomplishments, hiring all of his buddies into key roles
    Jack, One Platform video, actual platform, we hear nothing about anymore, with tons of people still employed to support it, no longer with the company
    Dean, Code Orange will be a repeat or worse of One Platform, and definitely more disastrous than RDIP, which they trash talked at the beginning every chance they got (how is that for respect), Dean, still around until the higher ups realize this?
    Juan, no one knows what his team does, probably because they don't do anything
    Carl seems to be a nice guy and at least he is aligned to actual work that needs to get done day to day

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s continue to highlight how wonderful KAT is doing here.. LMFAO