Guerbet

Discussion in 'Bracco Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this company have any marketshare in the US market? Or is it Regional pockets of business? If so, where are they strong?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About five years ago, I ran into a Guerbet rep at a hospital in a Texas city; that hospital system actually had a contract with Guerbet for Oxilan (which they bought from Cook) but by that time, the radiology department had returned to using Isovue but the cath labs at several of their hospitals continued to use Oxilan.

It was, at the time, Guerbet's largest account, even with just the cath lab usage. If I remember right, they were selling it for less than 10c a mL, but that was over three years ago.

If they had a national market share greater than 2%, I would be suprised.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say that 2% is accurate nat'l. I ran across a small a hospital in FL that was using it depts. I have seen some literature about as well. I think there may be a local rep in the Tampa area just coming in and dumping lit & some kind of clinical. She was new and all gong ho. That seems to have died.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even a blip on the radar screne here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news or updates on this company?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guerbet is a French company ... I think their major product is Dotarem, an ionic MR agent in Europe. They purchased Oxilan from Cook several years ago (Cook took a bath on the product; they invested pretty heavily in the mid-late 90's in R&D and production facilities just before the floor fell out of the contrast market around 1996 when Premier as a new GPO cut discounts under thr 50% level and they were in the mid-60's by the time things settled down; now around 80% of original list price).

http://guerbet-us.com/

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard McLaughlin is running sales. How long before Guerbet realizes what a slime ball he is?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will be hot and heavy after Bracco reps and past reps etc.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably not...They all know McLaughlin is weak at best.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, how do you like Guerbet now Bracco? Still think they are a blip on the radar? :oops:

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been out of the contrast market for sometime now. How is Guerbet doing, and contrast market in general? Guerbet didn't have one customer In my territory.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They know no one would buy the drug unless they drop the price low....that's how the are selling - cheap to any hospital who doesn't care about quality

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Replying back to comments on Guerbet, product is good but management needs to change or be replaced. Also, improve employee satisfaction by having supportive leadership and quite ruling by fear and intimidation. It's sad that they have extremely high turn over rate and losing experienced contrast reps in a short period of time.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmmm..... well lets see for an update. They are now 20% of US market in barely 3 full years. They wrote a quarter of a B as in boy Billion dollar check for Mallinkrodt CDMS. And that turnover? thats because they entered a saturated US market and some of there original hires were just what was available. Now they don't need crappy reps and have actually hired some pretty stellar reps away from the competition.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of issues with numerous management terminated. The North America Get Mgr, Dir of National Accts, and Dir of Distribution all gone. Even worse some of the terminations were the best Guerbet had and kicked to the curb with no severance. One lady had 27+ yrs with Guerbet - Mallinckrodt combined years of service.
    Is my understanding a new lady at Guerbet Corp Office in France will take on oversight over the North America operations.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of issues putting it mildly.Total dissaray. Low tier management. The word morale doesn't exist in this organization. No structure. No communication. VP Gen Mgr and Field Sales Dir were not properly vetted by France. Head of National Accounts installed last year now gone. Best person in HR now gone. Discrimination and sexual harrasment issues swept under the rug. And then France talks about Code of Ethics.
    Gitte Hesselholt not providing oversight needed. Many employees stating will take concerns to board of directors. Jean - Sebastien Raynaud is on the board and responsible for employee relations.
    Email Jean-Sebastien.Raynaud@guerbet.com. If you don't speak up you deserve what you get.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have spoken in depth on above. I am aboard.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then where is the oversight ? Why nothing from Gitte Hesselholt ?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest