Gyn Surg

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by anonymous, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this a good division?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That division is a nightmare. They aren’t expected to be around much longer actually. I would not reccomend working in that division. Crappy products. Massive geographies. Zero marketing support. Zero IDN contract support. Its like working for a start up except the products have been around for ever and no one wants to use them. Its really an embarrassment to work in that division. Im only being honest. Look else where. Its not even a good first medical device. Sorry.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agreed. They tell you all kinds of lies when they hire you too. This might be the worst place to work in med device.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree to all of this. Terrible place to work.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% truth. Dont work in that division. They need to close the doors on this one.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whats the difference between gyn/surg and pelvic health? Are you guys talking specifically about gyn/surg? Seems like theres a lot of openings nation wide...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read above

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you may think bc its boston sci that it has to be a good gig. Wrong. The only good gigs at bsci are cardiovascular (ep lab, cath lab) and possibly neuromod. Endo, urology and gynsurg are a Joke. The ceo has basically even said that at nsm’s. I promise if you join this division you will be voluntarily leaving in a year or less. They had a 30% VOLUNTARY reduction in force last year. They will really sell you a dream while interviewing if they like you, give it about 6 months and you will see things for what they are. I actually saw things for what they were during my in the field training but chalked it up to my trainers being r*****s. I was excited to work for boston sci! WRONG. It was an embarassment to represent HTA and Symphion. Awful products. Awful place to work. Good luck to you. I hope you find a great position with a good conpany!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gyn Surg always has openings somewhere in their all of 30 territories. HTA is dated and are not any more effective than any other ablation modality. Docs use it as an alternative to novasure or minerva if the patient has an abnormal cavity that cant be treated by the forementioned devices, which is roughly 10% of the market. They have Symphion as well but its having all kids of functionality issues and It’s rf resection energy which actually hardens tissue if cutting in the same place for 2 long. Symphion sounds neato during a pitch but it cant handle a fibroid the way Myosure can. Plus is waaaay over priced and most polyp case reimbursements dont cover the cost of the disposables so customers lose money on the case... no brainer, really. Not superior to existing technology and it costs more. Then there is resectr... bahahahahaha. With one pull of the handle you can break that gem into pieces and for a premium price too! Give it up gyn surg. You cant compete with the big boys in that space. In summary, do not work here. It is the absolute worst place in med device. Women’s health just sucks deeks in general. Good luck in finding a better job!!