Happy vs Unhappy - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by GorgeousGAMS, Apr 10, 2011 at 9:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Well, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and the odds do stack in favor when social norms and family norms are inline with strong moral values. However, I do not believe there is real scientific evidence (peer reviewed and not from a Christian journal but Behavior/Psych/Social) that has ever shown homosexuality can be treated and cured by prayer and support or therapy. The last thing I read there was a very high relapse rate and few lifetime successes. Yes, there are a few well-publicized stories in the Christian literature of stunning successes.

At the very least, it is nice to hear you would not perform an exorcism or throw the kid out or have him/her institutionalized. Chastity is certainly an option but I don't know how viable or realistic. Just a heads up, there are lots of gay "marriages" that are very happy and married/faithful for life. There are also gay penguins.

2. You're friend has a critical spirit and that is a major problem which she needs to address.

And because I know how some of our little playmates think I'll go ahead and say it: NO, I don't have a critical spirit, despite what you think. Just mark it down as being wrong yet again if you believe that.

There is a world of difference in an interpersonal, face to face relationship and posting on an anonymous internet board. When I bust people out here, it's because they deserve it.

3. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Appoligize. . . Good grief, Ok. You did. I am sorry for jumping down your throat but I am very defensive about my son. Raising a special needs kid is a nightmare. Well, until you let go and let them be who they are and give up your own personal hopes and dreams for them but that took 25 years.

4. Haven't you heard? God hates gay penguins!;)

5. Glad to know that what I posted brought you peace. It really troubles me when people like your friend hurt those around them whom they should be building up by harming them, knowingly or unknowingly, with a critical spirit. Maybe it's a thing from her childhood or something. It's definitely a mental or behavioral habit that she needs to take to God and start dealing with. But like all the rest of us, God isn't finished with her yet.

6. #86 Vagitarian, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:22 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011 at 1:24 AM
    Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

My reply was not about your offspring,

Say what? Liar, liar, pants on fire - who did you say I should tell, 'take plenty of condoms'? myself? I'm not going, she is. You're a pathetic bag of wind and a bad liar. :cool:

7. I have no problem with gay people at all. I believe they are born that way. And...they never kill their unborn children.

Moreover...religion does not dictate to me social evaluations. My views are based on what's good for the human race.

8. Vagitarian

When I bust people out here, it's because they deserve it.

With one qualifier - 'in your opinion'.

9. Vagitarian

Abortion is a very natural thing, a way for a woman to deal with a pregnancy issue that has been in existence for ages. It is practiced in every country and every society in the world. If it weren't for abortion, we'd be in bad shape population wise. Our country is certainly not the highest in terms of abortion rate and most of the countries with low rates are places you wouldn't want to be (Africa, Mexico). We need medically safe abortion for our women.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/index.html#SU

10. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Hairy, you absolutely do. I did not pull the thread. You missed the point were I said that I would have loved to have another child but was on black box mediation that carried absolutely no hope of a normal birth and my health even then had issues, big issues that I am not going to discuss here. MY doctor recommended it and I had been told previously I could no longer have children. I have no idea how you seem to read over and not see FACTS that make a HUGE difference. I was faced with that one thing that we all dread. I subsequently had a hysterectomy to prevent any further problems. Now this thread will probably get yanked if you turn it into some kind of political debate. Your family would have made the same fucking choice with the medical scenario that was before me.

11. I guess that amounts to an apology, so I will honor my word and answer your questions. Bear in mind that I am speaking in hypotheticals and I am not commenting on my current family situation.

1) You asked what I would do if I had a teen daughter who became pregnant. I would first apologize to her for failing her as a parent. If she made the choice to have unprotected sex and I obviously didn't convey the consequences of such risky behavior. Or she failed to heed. But, either way, there was a failure. Then I would encourage her to carry the child to term and place the child up for adoption. I would support her 100% throughout the entire process. I would counsel against trying to raise the child herself because although we would do our best to support her, she is imprisoning that child to a life of difficulty. We won't be around forever. The child is a gift from God. It should be treated as such and given the best chance for an upbringing.

2) You asked what I would do if I had a son/daughter who was gay. I would love them and support them. I would want them to be happy. I would not try to change them. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

3) You asked what I would do if I found out my wife cheated on me years ago. The answer is simple. I would obviously be hurt, but eventually, I would forgive. She is afterall the mother of my children and a great mother at that. But, I would divorce her. The simple reason is that she would have broken faith with our vows and trust would be gone. I believe that relationships can survive many ups and downs, but once trust is destroyed that is it.

4) You asked what I would do if my pastor were discovered to have an extramarital affair. Again, I would support him the best that I could, but I would not turn my back on him.

You seem to be harboring this illusion that because I have strong opinions about right and wrong that I am somehow this cruel being with no compassion, and that I do not recognize that people make mistakes.

You could not be more wrong. As Hairy said, my beliefs stem from what I believe is best for society as a whole. So, I don't believe that women having promiscuous sex is good for them individually or for society. I believe they denigrate themselves. However, you are free to do what you please. I agree 100% that what happens in your bedroom is your business, that is why I am amazed that you people don't leave it in your bedroom. Then you act shocked when people comment on it.

12. If it were natural, then they wouldn't need to go to a doctor. I love all the stories about coat hangers as if having a baby is such a horrible thing that a woman would actually take a metal coat hanger and jam it up her vagina in an effort to kill the unborn child. Doesn't that seem a bit over the top to you?

When you can come up with an abortion that is medically safe for the unborn child then give me a call. We can chat about it

13. #93 GorgeousGAMS, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Nicely put. . . it is kind of funny these threads always turn to politics or sex. Ever check out the number one thread of all time on here and its runner-up? . . . sex! Yep. You actually sound like a kind-hearted soul and not nearly as crazy as I thought. Interesting, I would do all of the same things with the exception of one of your answers and yet we carry completely opposite belief systems. I would not divorce my husband for cheating. I would want to work on the relationship. People are never as different as they seem.

14. LOVEtheHENS

LOVEtheHENS Guest

Can I be your pet?? Love ya!!:)

15. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

You sure do handle things calmer than I would.

16. Pussy cop

Pussy cop Guest

Amen!

17. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Thsi lady is very insecure in her own beliefs. To make herself look better, she finds fault in others. Find it difficult to understand why you would continue to associate with some one who constantly causes you grief. I avoid those who act this way. Anyone who is actually mature in their Christianity do NOT belittle "baby" Christians, they try to help them to get fruther down the path and closer to God.

18. Vagitarian

Agree completely, same thing for 'Christian' posters on a blog.

19. #99 Walking Eagle, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Please explain why you can rebuild trust in a pastor who has strayed, but not with your wife/mother of your children. Why does he get a second chance but not her?

20. Vagitarian

Thanks for the freedom, again, it isn't your opinion, it's your presentation
    Amazing how much we agree on actions, just different reasons which are our fundamental rights.