Harassment

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a new thread for the women who think they are harassed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know they keep deleting this stuff but I would really like to know. I'm not one of the drama kings and queens. I do want to look at the risk before deciding.

Have any cases of hostile work environment or sexual harassment that were reported to hr been taken seriously? What will they do? If it's just me should I even bother? Will they turn on me?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry sweetie. I guess no one has a serious answer or they are too scared to share.

I've never been in that situation but I feel for you. My boss reviewed the compliance memo that came out recently and he quickly hopped over that part. I really don't think HR would retaliate against you.

You did not say but is this a manager? I hope it's not your own. These "leaders" get a little power and get brave sometimes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will they take you seriously? Only enough to make it your fault. Will they retaliate? Yes, but not by firing you. That's too obvious. Demotions, sudden corporate ride alongs, airing it all to managers who then tell their reps...and get it wrong of course. Skewed in their favor, not yours. And THIS is if you have lots and lots of proof. Texts emails phone messages. If you don't have any of that...don't do it. Get proof. But be ready anyway. They don't care about you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sad but true. I do think that there are some cases where women ask for it and then end up angry when they feel "used." As well they might should be depending on what was said. There are also some women who are totally up for being used, especially if it helps their position.

I feel bad for those of you with real issues with it. I know it happens. I wish you had witnesses. If it was obvious physical contact maybe a venue could pull video.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go straight to an employment lawyer! Don't even mess with HR! They are no help at all and yes all they will do is try to get rid of you! Forget the compliance number too! That's a joke!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to say it they are right lots of experience with compliance and HR. You report something - that person denies it OR the rest of the parties are too scared to tell the truth OR even worse they don't even reach out to the other parties because they do not want to hear the truth- then they close the case.

The only good thing about reporting is it that it is documented and proven that you tried to do the right thing.

Be prepared for retaliation from your manager, your team and anyone else involved. You try to do the right thing here and you are definitely not rewarded for it everyone hates you, talks about you and steers clear for fear of being reported! Ironic considering all the training yet old school pharma is old school pharma drink the kool aid do as your told and keep your mouth shut that is their motto.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, if you are serious, it's best to skip HR. If you don't have solid proof, they won't do shit. Come on. Top level execs, upper management, and mid-level mgmt have affairs with subordinates all the time. Think they are not protected? Something goes wrong, the wife gets mad that it was made public, the man in question fears losing his money or kids so he blows off his hookup or mistress, then the woman screams harassment -- the company won't let it happen. However with as much buzz around oapi they should be a little scared of a class action suit. It's clear no one trusts the company.

There was so much on this earlier this year. I wonder if those women left.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have your ducks in a row if you do go to HR. Have your proof, and not just a little comment here or there, that won't cut it. They will just get someone to have 'witnessed' you making a similar comment.
    When a friend of mine called HR, she was crying trying to tell the story and was told to 'stop crying' and that if they couldn't understand her, then she was going to be considered uncooperative with an investigation and would be subject to disciplinary action including possible loss of her job. This was said to her, while she was crying, and was the one who actaully called to initiate the investigation. HR is there to protect the company, not the employees. Make no mistakes about this, even though they will tell you differently.
    They will also make you sign a form where you promise not to discuss details with anyone about the investigation or incident(s) or be subject to disciplinary action including possible loss of employment. (Starting to sound familiar).
    So even if you don't lose your job, you will be at a meeting and hearing all these things about you, how wrong it all is, some may even ask you directly...and you cannot say anything. No correcting, no defending yourself, just silence. Or risk disciplinary action including possible loss of employment.
    All of this because you tried to do that right thing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope with regard to the mistress blow off... If she's hot enough and an upgrade from the wife, he will leave his wife and have a huge ASS company wedding! I've seen it and it's beyond tacky. There's no shame. As a matter of fact, the regional director was proud and made no beans about it. I've seen this three times.. No F' ing joke! The other two times were with district managers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previously there was someone who was investigated for several things - including being very abusive to several of my co-workers. I had witnessed some of it but not all of it; the person being investigated resigned before action could be taken. I have to say it was taken very, very seriously.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad to hear at least one thing was taken seriously

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been "hit on" by a superior before as well as have many of my girlfriends, both single and married. I don't get offended easily but if I were to think my job were affected, or I was being passed up for a promotion or better raise because I refused to hook up, I would take action. This happened to a girlfriend and he wanted nothing to do with her when she said no, then she ended up having to work for him several years down the road. She did not see that coming because he lived so far away. She had actually liked the guy but doesn't fool around with married men. It very much screwed her up. He was a total dick and did not treat her fairly.
    This goes for other social workplace issues too. You have to fight to keep your job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't and wouldn't sleep with management and I can definitely tell you that you will be on the radar if one makes a serious move and you say no. They'll look for anything to label you as a "troublemaker". Yet whores are treated like sweet little innocent sunshine. Don't believe me? Look around at some of your coworkers that are overly glorified for their work; especially when they're not all that. Ask about their spouse and who they are or find out who they've dated. ;)Many times what you find is very interesting.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi I am a loser I write and respond and reply to my own posts. I sit on my laptop all day or smart phone- as you can see I respond about every hour on the hour-I clearly have an ax to grind with Otsuka or I have nothing better to do than continue to rehash old news (if it was news at all) thanks for your attention and I promise to start multiple harassment posts as well as mention harassment, regardless of how relevant it is to any existing posts..... pay attention I should respond soon

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should start a thread for young loser punks with a small penis. I think the answer is because harrassment of ALL kinds is your forte and that includes bothering people on this thread. That snatch that you so desperately wanted said "F- Off" and you're still pussed... Whoops! I meant pissed. Bet you wouldn't say it to my face now would you? Yep... Kubatons aren't very fun to be faced with:)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wrote the last post, asshole, but none of the others. The question is ... Why are YOU paying such close attention that you notice when things are posted? I haven't seen a post that straight up referred to otsuka except the second one or the one about the woman crying. I am actually surprised to hear it at Otsuka at all!

For you to respond .... Well that's odd. Most of us ignore things we don't care to discuss.

The title of the thread is "harassment." You are clearly a man.

Don't look if you don't want to. Loser.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol. Your response was even better than mine. That asshole probably does his share of harassing or worse has probably really hurt a woman or two.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The scary thing is that he's probably married and what a joy it must be for her to deal with his attitude. Yep... Besides this post, I've only posted twice on this thread out of over 21 others here. Sounds like this guy has a ax to grind with the "other woman" he tried to get something from... Just a theory.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm... You must have made made some serious bones to be used by a woman for shopping spreess. Are you a manager? Serious replies only please.