Has all of Publicis' contracts made it so that you can't roll over vacation days?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Nov 3, 2017 at 3:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Novartis contract won't allow us to roll over vaca days. Wondering if this is some sort of sign.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

imo it’s a sign. Publicis always allowed you too. They don’t want to pay to cash them out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the troll who no longer works for Publicis.

How about someone who's on another publicis contract answering the ?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Publicis has a tendency to change the vacation policy to suit their own needs. Its been done for years. One year you can, one your you can't. Usually it means the contract is over.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope they wouldn’t do that if the contract is ending because if they did it would definitely not speak well of their integrity.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually numbnuts, I am still on the contract. As everyone stated above, it’s most likely due to the fact it’s ending.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It appears that Publicis does NOT allow rollovers unless you live in certain states that do not allow you to "use it or lose it" CA is one of those states. I believe there are only 3 states that fall in this category.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

in past years Publicis employees were allowed to roll up to 5 days to be used by March 31st

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is very true, even LY we were allowed to roll some over. I personally had 1, so I know it’s true.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

According to workfairness.org accrued vacation time that an employee will not use before leaving a company; Is the company required to pay for that time?

It depends on your employer and where you live. 27 states—Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island (after one year of employment), South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming—and the District of Columbia have laws regarding payment of accrued vacation time. However, in those states, you are only given a legal right to challenge an employer over unpaid accrued vacation time in your final paycheck if the employer promised payment of unpaid accrued vacation time in your final paycheck. In the rest of the states, there is no state law that requires your employer to pay you for accrued vacation leave, although your employer may do so voluntarily, or may have to do so if required by a policy or contract. Though no state has a law requiring employers to promise to pay for accrued vacation days, some states do hold employers accountable if they make the promise and break it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ALERT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PDI should do the "RIGHT" thing and allow employees to get paid for the max (5) carry forward days if employee has accrued that vacation time by 12/31/17 and so chooses.

By PDI changing the VACATION POLICY on the last month of the contract shows their lack of INTEGRITY and DISHONESTY to employees! What's going on PDI? NOVARTIS?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I had to guess, it’s because PDI doesn’t want to be on the hook when the contract ends (they must have some idea) If it doesn’t end then that’s just ridiculous that PDI would screw us like that.